Dees v Sainters seating arrangements etc??

beelzebub

Ok.. this may sound incredulous. But Ive never actaully been to the Dome.. why would I bother.. I normally get to about 5-6 games a year.. I have MFC membership.. I go to the G like all true devils !! Alas my wayward daughter defected some years back to the Saints. A sort of annual outing to this game has now seen me needing to go to the dome.

My daughter is only 12 ( bit with a typical girls big mouth!! ) Id like some help please. What are good places most likely general admission Id guess ) to sit. Is best method via ticket master or lob up??

thanks in advance. . as i sheepishly slink away ..lol

( just curious..am I alone in not going to the dome ? )

Welcome to the darklands BB

No need to feel sad about not being invited to the 2020 summit anymore. Purchase any food or drink items, look at the change you got from a $50.00 and you'll realise you're in the year 2020 already.

If not booking prior to the game then I recommend you get there quite early otherwise you have to queue up for quite some time and may miss the first quarter - not joking!

Level 2 seats are pretty good and if your an MCC member you get a discount...otherwise their a bit on the expensive side.

Level 2 seats are pretty good and if your an MCC member you get a discount...otherwise their a bit on the expensive side.

not MCC ..am MFC !! :)

Yes.. I had the feeling it was going to be an expensive day.. daughters are that way...pmsl !!

Happ to prebook and print , I hate queues with a vengeance!! lol

BB, the Dome is a great place to watch a game of footy. I'll give you my views however I haven't been for awhile so it may be out of date info.

Generally the 1st balcony level is the best for viewing, although I believe you need reserved seating for that area. The cheapie seats are in the top level, but I'm not sure what they're like. The ground level is also pretty good to see the game as well.

Will this week be fully ticketed or is it a walk up? I know that usually there's some seats in the cheersquad area for Gen admission, but this might be a case for calling up ticketmaster to confirm.

Lots of funny guys around here!

But my fellow Dee's sister let me advise you to pre book on line, print the tickets and walk on in without a queue.

Unfortunately you will be Level 3 unless you pay big dollars but the view is fine. However first come first served to grab your seat.

Best to use public transport as underground car park is $25 although there is a couple of local car parks.

I will be there with friend so that is at least 4 of us.

Lots of funny guys around here!

But my fellow Dee's sister let me advise you to pre book on line, print the tickets and walk on in without a queue.

But be careful with this - I spent half an hour outside the gate before Daniher's last game because my ticket apparently wasn't printed out clear enough and they were trying to work out if it was real! :wacko:

Just tried to buy tickets online using membership barcode number (17 game MFC membership), was able to find tickets in all of the 'premium' areas (level 2 and 1) but unable to find 'Gen Admin' tickets which are theoretically free...

I hope that this is because we are still 5 days away from the game and they don't release the Gen Admin tickets online till closer to the date.

You can buy General Admin tickets on line already!

I don't know how the free bit with 17 membership works- maybe ring Ticketmaster( leave lots of time to sit and wait!) and ask for advice and then get back online once you have the details.

The top (3rd) level general admission is a hell of a lot closer to the action than it is at the 'G. You can see everything easily and really don't feel disconnected from the action at all IMO.

The top (3rd) level general admission is a hell of a lot closer to the action than it is at the 'G.

That's right. You can get walk-up access to level three.

If you're an AFL member you can reserve a seat on level 1 for the cost of the booking fee alone ($5.50). I think it's the same for a 16-game MFC membership.

Ticketmaster sells the tickets, so you might want to check out their website.

thanks for the heads up peoples.. really appreciate it :) cheers

Yeah, make sure you get in early and cling to your seats like a hyena with half a zebra.

The general seats are fine, but there are some pretty unpleasant corners which are obstructed, cold, and dominated by concrete monoliths.

But the chicken strips are alright, I mean, whadda'ya expect for a lousy $39.95 and sauce extra?

Gen admin already sold out, next cheapest is $17 with a 16 game MFC membership. What a crock.

Does that mean I can't buy a GA ticket at the gate?

Gen admin already sold out, next cheapest is $17 with a 16 game MFC membership. What a crock.

Just rang Ticketmaster and there are plenty of general admin tickets available according to the person I spoke to.

So I'm not sure where you got your information from? :unsure:

General Admission is in th nose bleed section. Lucky for me i am mates with Active Electrical, major sponsors of the Dome, so i will be sitting in Access One. Richmond V Melbourne game i will be in Mr. Active Corporate Box YAY!

General Admission is in th nose bleed section.

Have you ever sat on the third level at the dome? It's a mile closer to the ground than it is at the 'G.

Just curious..as a first timer to the ome I have a question. Is it often as hard to see the Locket end of ground?? whether it was some sort of mist or what but as the sun hit it you ould see bugger all...that seems to go for the players too !! lol

as an aside..that was one of the quietest games ive ever been too !!

Just rang Ticketmaster and there are plenty of general admin tickets available according to the person I spoke to.

So I'm not sure where you got your information from? :unsure:

But none available to MFC members to pre-book...

Seeing yesterdays piddly crowd I now realise I would've been fine to just swipe my card on the way in on the day, but since I was going in with non-members I wanted to save them the hassle of lining up for tickets (which is a nightmare at TD).

So I called Ticketmaster on Wednesday, quoted my barcode number and said I wanted myself and 3 others to get seats in the cheapest section ($22.40 for adults, which should be free for 17 game MFC members). Was put on hold for 5 minutes, then told that those tickets had sold out, so if i wanted to prepurchase (and print myself to avoid queues) I had to upgrade to the next cheapest tickets and fork over $17 myself. Why do I bother with a membership if this is how I get treated?

And absolute disgrace, made it all the more painful knowing I'd paid to see such a pitiful display of football. I would complain to the MFC but I know it will come to nothing so will just have to suck it up.

Just curious..as a first timer to the ome I have a question. Is it often as hard to see the Locket end of ground?? whether it was some sort of mist or what but as the sun hit it you ould see bugger all...that seems to go for the players too !! lol

I thought that was the positive about being at the darklands yesterday...not actually being able see the game for the first 3 quarters was a good thing