Yze a chance to be back this week

barpen

sorry..no sense in Ooze playing...no value going forward ( no pun intended )

Completely agree!

If his form justifies him playing, then he plays.

Huge fan of our current youth policy myself but as I said in another thread 17 players last week were 24 or younger, so having Yze in the team is acceptable as long as the U/24 crowd stays at least at the 14 or 15 level.

Vulnerable players: Frawley, PJ, and Buckley.

Ooze is out the door end of year.. what sense in adding to his experinece at the expence of our future ?? Lets get practical here huh !!

How in the WOOOOOOOOOOOORLD is PJ vulnerable this week? Glad that Jamar's 1 handball and 5 frees against warrants him a guaranteed spot though

Give me one example over the years when we are being badly beaten, it has been Adem Yze who has taken a game by the scruff and got us back into it. Yze played great footy when the team was flying. But was always the First senior player to go missing when the prospect wasnt Good.

Thats why he is not a good example

Fair point mate about ooze but i dont expect him to come in and win the game for us..

remeber back to playing your first two years of footy in the seniors .. you were a skiiny little rake (guessing) and the other team had bigger stronger and more intimidating players.. they start heckling you and put you off ya game a touch saying there goonna kill ya when ya go for the ball.. Not that anyones a whimp but it does a world of good for the older guys to back you up and stiggen the backbone..that is what the younger guys dont have straight away it all comes with confidence and exposure(except Jonesy lol firey little bugger)

but think of ooze in the forward line helping out Aussie...quite kid..he can still be a huge benifit with out amassing heaps of possy's ..he doesnt take alot of crap on the field ooze..

I think its important to realise that our team needs a good balance of experience and youth so long as the criteria is based on current form

Look at essendon,s list and there youth policy against the mature bodies of the swans last week

They have injuries that isnt helping but also indicated 2 of their veterans wont get much game time

they have kept with an all out attck style of game and are getting smashed on the rebound and in my opinion they are playing too much youth with underdeveloped bodies

I think we are in similar circumstance and should look at a guy like Yze who although at the end of his career can in fact help the team especially the youth

Bailey should get Yze to share the ball more as he tends to play like some Fremantle players do in looking at his own position instead of the team

This is the only way someone like Yze can really benefit the team in what should be his last year of playing for melbourne

Completely agree. However, as soon as Yze shows any signs of what we know he is capable of (ie. going missing), he is straight out of the side. No point of having him in as a 'role model' if he is going to be a bad example at the expense of a younger player who could be learning from other players like Green and umm....... all the other terrific senior players. :unsure:

remeber back to playing your first two years of footy in the seniors .. you were a skiiny little rake (guessing) and the other team had bigger stronger and more intimidating players.. they start heckling you and put you off ya game a touch saying there goonna kill ya when ya go for the ball.. Not that anyones a whimp but it does a world of good for the older guys to back you up and stiggen the backbone..

When has Yze ever been one to fly the flag?

Im all for Yze getting a game if his form deserves it but talk about him sticking up for the younger players is laughable.

I'd be happy to give him a spot, but only on a copule of conditions. Firstly his form needs to warrant it, secondly is that he isn't taking up a spot of one of the kids might be taking.

I'd be dissapointed to see someone like Valenti or Morton dropped for him.

It would be a poor move. What a surprise Yze playing well when we are 150 points up. It won't be like that against the Hawks it will more likely be the other way around. He is a waste of space and should have the sense to retire to bring in the young kids like Matt Carr has done. Yze had been a very good player for a long time but his selfishness continues to amaze me his career was over when he almost went to Carlton. Time to do the right thing Yze and retire and become the leader you say you are instead of the selfish player I think you are so we can keep the young kids coming through. If Yze plays this week I will have to start Bailey bashing again I don't want to but they give me no choice. I will understand if Holland plays cause we have no players who can play a key post but playing Yze defies logic.

Give me one example over the years when we are being badly beaten, it has been Adem Yze who has taken a game by the scruff and got us back into it. Yze played great footy when the team was flying. But was always the First senior player to go missing when the prospect wasnt Good.

Thats why he is not a good example

I'd say the last time Yze played 4 quarter of good footy was against the bulldogs in round 7 last year. Yze has played 3 games since then. The 3 games before that one he also played good games, including 38 touches against Freo, a day when he was clearly the best for us on a day when not many stood up. He also turned more than a couple of Queen's Birthday clashes our way, and played well in all 22 games of the 2001 season when we won only 10 games.

I probably would prefer Maric to be given a chance, but I wouldn't expect to see him in MFC colours in 2008. The best performers for Sandy should be promoted regardless of age. There is no point giving a youngster a game if he doesn't deserve it.

Vulnerable players: Frawley, PJ, and Buckley.

PJ? Buckley? Frawley? = All young guys who would benefit most from playing in the 1sts, and despite the big loss last week, did ok considering what they were up against. (Ok, Frawley was shocking, but he's young and needs more time in the AFL to believe that he belongs. PJ was ok on Tippett and showed some versatility, and Buckley, despite his lack of defensive running, played his best game so far). You wanna drop these guys, who could all become fixtures in a successful MFC side in the future... For Yze? hmmm... i dont know about that.

And 45hotgod is right. Jamar is surely first dropped this week after 1 disposal and 5 clangers.

PJ? Buckley? Frawley? = All young guys who would benefit most from playing in the 1sts, and despite the big loss last week, did ok considering what they were up against. (Ok, Frawley was shocking, but he's young and needs more time in the AFL to believe that he belongs. PJ was ok on Tippett and showed some versatility, and Buckley, despite his lack of defensive running, played his best game so far). You wanna drop these guys, who could all become fixtures in a successful MFC side in the future... For Yze? hmmm... i dont know about that.

And 45hotgod is right. Jamar is surely first dropped this week after 1 disposal and 5 clangers.

Not saying they deserve to be dropped or should be dropped...

I was merely trying to predict who would get dropped, if Yze was to come back who would go down?

The senior players that get a game atm are Whelan, Wheatley, Bruce, Green, White, Robbo, Jmac.

Yze, Holland etc can come back if form warrants it but they needs to displace those 7.

The rest of the team must be full of youngsters. I don't want to see a 2004 team win.

The senior players that get a game atm are Whelan, Wheatley, Bruce, Green, White, Robbo, Jmac.

Yze, Holland etc can come back if form warrants it but they needs to displace those 7.

The rest of the team must be full of youngsters. I don't want to see a 2004 team win.

Precisely. Nobody here has actually give a reasonable suggestion as to which player gets dropped in order to allow Yze into the team.

Given that Yze can only play up forward these days, and given that he is mostly a small forward, giving him a game would come at the expense of Aussie or Maric (if he's ready).

Personally, I can't justify that sort of change.

We're on the bottom of the ladder, what is the use of playing a senior player whos career is nearly over, and who in 2 years has done very little when given the chance to perform at senior level (and hasn't he been given a million chances!).

If we were going into a final and we were looking for some experience, I could possible understand the desire to play him, but we gain nothing in the LONG TERM by playing Yze now. Absolutely nothing.

If we were going into a final and we were looking for some experience, I could possible understand the desire to play him, but we gain nothing in the LONG TERM by playing Yze now. Absolutely nothing.

Unless of course you want to engender a culture of excellence by playing people whose form warrants it rather than giving away senior spots to players with the vague notion of "putting some games into the kids".

Given that he plays mostly a flanker role (not sure if he has played forward pocket at Sandringham this year) and that he missed the game before last, it would seem that Chris Johnson is probably more likely to get a game this week. Wouldn't be difficult to find a player to drop to bring them in, even if it is not a like for like change (dropping a tall defender for a running flanker for example).

it would be sad to think that developing a culture of loyalty to a player or club can be seen as a negative...

People are suggesting that yze wont bring anything to the team and will take up a youngster spot...

how easy it must be for people who have never played at a high level to come to this conclusion... these young players would kill to play with ooze and have him assist and give them encouragement.. sure the coach should probably pull ooze aside and say look mate we a being loyal here .. you hae good form .. but get the young kids into the game and boost there confidence...

If he does play lets observe his action b4 bagging him as a has been , washed up...i know when i first started i really needed the older players around me to play well.. otherwise you tend to feel alone when everyone is a kid like you .. when the talk drops noone says " talk more" etc why cause theres no experience..

Now i am not saying all this too win games in a dead year...

this will be of more benift in the long run to maybe one or two kids.. each week

but certainly better than playing kids each week and getting flogged and not knowing how to win and what it feels like...