• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bailey sees the light - Brad Miller is a forward

Dodgy_Demon

I get so frustrated with him but I cant help but to love him. There are times when I think leave this guy at Sandy and never bring him back in. Other times like Rd 7 I just want him in the team. Please become a consistent player Brad!!

Hopefully this is the end of the chopping and changing of where he is played.

I know Daniher said he wanted him to be able to play both ends - in the last ten years there are maybe five guys who could do that well. It's proven very hard to swing from one end to the other and be successful.

I think Bailey is a smart bloke, and will drill home this consistancy thing with Miller.

He's played him down back, and he knows he's not up to it.

It's not about if Miller can play forward and back, or if he should kick more goals, or to be aggressive or hold back, it's all about just focusing on playing consistantly well.

I've had him on the junk pile for quite some time, but I'm hoping he'll start playing around the level he did against Freo every week. His time is right now.

I honestly can not recall a game where he has played well down back. Every game that he has stood out in he has been a leading CHF! eg Freo last week , and Freo in the 06 final! He is clearly not a backman. As one who has been a big critic of Brad`s I would love to see him prove me wrong! He just may have a future if only he gets to play in the forward line for more than 2 to 3 weeks!

I honestly can not recall a game where he has played well down back. Every game that he has stood out in he has been a leading CHF! eg Freo last week , and Freo in the 06 final! He is clearly not a backman. As one who has been a big critic of Brad`s I would love to see him prove me wrong! He just may have a future if only he gets to play in the forward line for more than 2 to 3 weeks!

Miller got 3 Brownlow votes V Sydney in R4 2006 when playing full back on Barry Hall. For a defender to get 3 votes in the Brownlow he must have played well.

Still don’t get me wrong, he is a forward and he and Bate make for a menacing lead up forward combination.

Still don’t get me wrong, he is a forward and he and Bate make for a menacing lead up forward combination.

And, IMO, the abscence of Neitz makes a difference.

Now rather than having to stay up the ground and out of the "hot zone" for Nietz and Robbo, Miller can range from 25 to 75 metres out, within scoring range.

Perversely, the loss of Neitz may be the making of Brad Miller as a CHF.

The 7 to 10 marks he takes a week are now in the scoring zone, not in the square looking for a forward target.

Now rather than having to stay up the ground and out of the "hot zone" for Nietz and Robbo, Miller can range from 25 to 75 metres out, within scoring range.

The 7 to 10 marks he takes a week are now in the scoring zone, not in the square looking for a forward target.

Totally agree-which is why our Capt. has played his last game, and should be given a Heroes send off on Queens Birthday. Let us not give up on an entire season just yet

Brad Miller played extremely well against Fremantle.

But if he wants to be CHF, HFF, or FF for the Melbourne Demons going forward he has to play like that more often.

Love his attitude but he's 24 and we need to see more from him.

Brad Miller played extremely well against Fremantle.

But if he wants to be CHF, HFF, or FF for the Melbourne Demons going forward he has to play like that more often.

Love his attitude but he's 24 and we need to see more from him.

So i hope Bailey Leaveas Him in the one area ALL YEAR-so he can learn his craft...

i've been saying that for ages...

i havnt checked the stats, but i reckon the games when he has been a multiple goal scorer could have been games when neitz has been out...

G'day all.

i worte a email to dean about brad miller a few weeks back.

Now lets be brutally honest as a chf he has to kick goals.. he has played more games than brock mcclean and same amount of goals..(near enough). What kind of forward doesnt kick goals. Think about the times he has kicked a bag of 3 or 4 and take them out of the equation he is crap with a capital C. Now i am not into bagging players being a former try hard myself lol but the answer is so obvious.. he doesnt have footy nouse. he looks confused when he gets the ball and unsure aswell. there have been times when he doesnt think and just acts and these normally work out well.but how many times have you seen him stuff up a team mates atempt of a mark or kick backwards to a open player for no reason?? he is great at 1%'ers but they dont win you games. Now having said that the guy is huge, trains well, has got skill, no confidence and no guidance. if the melbourne footy club is going to persist in playing him they have to invest more money in him and teach him the basics of thinking his way through a game. get some old star player and sit him down for lessons and teach and quiz him.tell him where to lead and why make him a general instead of a bit player. I truly think the guy could be a gun except he doesnt know how. get ablett or malcolm blight anyone to teach him the game. Otherwise stop wasting our time and get rid of him i would rather see newton or dunn or anyone try than be frustrated watching b.miller play

i've been saying that for ages...

i havnt checked the stats, but i reckon the games when he has been a multiple goal scorer could have been games when neitz has been out...

He has kicked multiple goals of 2 or more, 7 times in his career. On 4 of those occassions, Neitz was out.

Also, when Neitz is out, Miller averages 0.78 goals a game. When the play togethor, Miller averages 0.41 goals a game.

He just looked to have more desire against Freo. If he can keep that up then he will play better for us.

Obviously he has ability, otherwise he would have been delisted ages ago.

well if todays effort didnt seal it for ya nothing will...

Anyone can have skill on the training track converting into a game is somethiung else again. i cannot believe this guy is in the leadership group.. he didnt even do the 1%'ers today