samcantstandya    214
15 minutes ago, Wells 11 said:

Im in the camo that thinks watts will be left out. But Im really mixed on it and looks to be carrying an injury for mine.  He hasnt looked like himself at all since injured. As outsiders we dont really know what players try  to play through and the sacrifices they make. All we have to go by is what we see on game day which is ultimately all that matters. On that criteria,  I dont think we can carry him in the state he's in....but for mine he's a big loss. He's one of our match winners and we're a weaker side without an inform / free moving Jack. 

We need him playing well. Funny how Hannah & Garlett escape criticism their last games were 3 possessions each.

Bay Riffin    444
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, KingDingAling said:

Good on them dropping Salem. I hope he is made to work for his next shot. Play with some desperation or I don't want to see him again. Also, what is JKH - chopped liver? He didn't even deserve to be dropped, yet was, and went on to rack up 40 possessions (as he always does). I can only assume he kicked to the opposition all day on the weekend, or that he is missing a leg. WTF is everybody sleeping on this kid? Kennedy-Harris is no joke, and he would buy and sell Angus Brayshaw (who is a turn over merchant with no awareness, and completely unproven at AFL level). Dear MFC, we are vying for finals football, FU and your f'up selection mistakes.

Angus pins his tackles as good as anyone. The opposition walk through JKHs tackles

Edited by Bay Riffin
  • Like 1

Salem needs a 30+ possession midfield dominating game for Casey.  He is that good. Needs a boost to lift our stocks.

Frosty needs a run at CHB.  Must continue to take on the game.

Watts is lucky to be still in.  Needs a big game. Aim for 4+ goals. 

jnrmac    7,675
43 minutes ago, AzzKikA said:

I am all for players playing through pain if it doesn't effect the team, if he is injured at the moment it is effecting the team, don't play him.  He is not a match winner playing the way he has since returning.

He doesn't have to be. Just has to play his role and he is not even doing that.

• Like 1

Clint Bizkit    12,772
12 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

Bench for mine -   Brayshaw, Stretch,  Weideman, Maynard

Agreed.

Clint Bizkit    12,772
13 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

I've always been a Frost fan but we need him to work on his defending, we know he can run but we are leaking far too many easy goals of late.

stevethemanjordan    4,425

Having one strong attribute at AFL level is simply not enough. Frost's speed is amazing.

But he is wildly inconsistent in almost every other facet of the game. Marking, kicking, decision making etc.

My thoughts on him as a player have been confirmed. He is an athlete playing football and once we have the depth and talent in our key position stocks, he can develop the fundamentals of the game at VFL level. 

You'd think with three rounds to go and on the eve of a finals birth we wouldn't have to drop a key defender because of form. 

rpfc    13,323

IMO

IN: Hannan, Stretch, Brayshaw

OUT: Frost, Salem, Harmes

I wouldn't have dropped Frost and Salem from what I saw last week, but whatever...

I do remember, not a month ago, when our backline was vaunted. Now a Match Committee has flinched and we wait to see what the effect will be.

Brayshaw is class and Harmes is not. A down few weeks is not enough for me to not put the acid on a senior player like Watts to give more and save Weideman from a game that I don't think he is ready for.

• Like 1

beelzebub    14,853
10 minutes ago, rpfc said:

IMO

IN: Hannan, Stretch, Brayshaw

OUT: Frost, Salem, Harmes

I wouldn't have dropped Frost and Salem from what I saw last week, but whatever...

I do remember, not a month ago, when our backline was vaunted. Now a Match Committee has flinched and we wait to see what the effect will be.

Brayshaw is class and Harmes is not. A down few weeks is not enough for me to not put the acid on a senior player like Watts to give more and save Weideman from a game that I don't think he is ready for.

Unless Jack is less that fully fighting fit. Then Id drop him. He's a confidence player. If yo have no confidence in your own body you're starting from the back of the grid.

Die Hard Demon    582

As reported basically everywhere .. Watts will be omitted. Which is fair enough. As ordinary as Salem's game was last week.. Watts has been ordinary for the past 3 games. IMO it sends a bad message to Salem & Frost if Watts is constantly given the benefit of the doubt.

OUT: Frost, Salem, Watts

IN: Hannan, Brayshaw, Stretch

Melbourne by 22 points.

DSP    580

Caller just confirmed on SEN Watts not at training.

9 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Salem needs a 30+ possession midfield dominating game for Casey.  He is that good. Needs a boost to lift our stocks.

Watts is lucky to be still in.  Needs a big game. Aim for 4+ goals. 

Yes Watts would have been lucky. Deserves a week at Casey