Austin Wonaeamirri

IWAP

Just checked my dream team. Had to bring Aussie off the bench for Chad Cornes, 157 points, should of made him captain!

Great game young fella, should get the rising star nod this week.

On that note, i was checking out the scores today and this got to me a little bit. Now i have Aussie in my Dream Team but have a look at his stats compared to Steven Salopek's and their resulting scores.

Salopek had 11 more kicks, 7 more handballs, exact same efficiency, 3 more uncontested marks (both had 0 contested marks), 21 more uncontested possessions, 1 more contested possession, 8 more inside 50's, both had 1 clanger and had an extra free-kick FOR (both 0 AGAINST). Aussie had 1 more tackle, 1 more goal and 1 more assist and scored 9 more points than Salopek.

This doesn't make much sense to me. Thoughts....

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch I claimed this guy too!!! Just check out my signature.

Loved him and was so happy we drafted, just knew he would break into the team somehow and thats why he was one of the first selected for my supercoach team.

Also argued why he was a better choice for promotion than Valenti. We needed a player like Wonaeamirri at that time and it's proved to be a top choice.

Already probably my fav player, just cause I love love love to say his name.

WONAEA-FUCKIN-MIRRI!!!!

Oh, even weeks before his elevation? Yeah Yeah!

I hope I'm busy abusing people on internet forums when I'm in my 40's, 50's, 60's...

What abuse?

H would have to be one of the reasons I and other posters are still here. If this place was filled with YM's I would be over at cynicism and narcissism HQ - Demonology.

Getting back to Aussie, I loved the celebrations. I'm not too sure many other players could get away witht that without looking like arrogant gits.

2nd best part of the day, behind Davey's goal. Sh!t that was good.

Ok. Who edited my Sampi thread. Wasn't the same as this one and the post was made irrelevant without the title.

Fair go.

Anyway.

Wonna >>>>>>> Sampi

Ok. Who edited my Sampi thread. Wasn't the same as this one and the post was made irrelevant without the title.

Fair go.

Anyway.

Wonna >>>>>>> Sampi

And thats why we'll miss CAC

Too early to get ahead here but if Aussie keeps it up he could be the thing melbourne has lacked for years

Watching the game yesterday, i think one thing that hasn't been mentioned much about Aussie is his work rate. He ran as hard as anyone on he team when we had the ball, and when we didn't.

It will be interesting against the Crows next game, as Neil Craig is a meticulous planner, and will have a focus on stopping Aussie. If he plays another blinder at AAMI under some fierce Adelaide pressure, there won't be anyone doubting his star potential then.

If you can't get excited over Aussie you could never get excited over anyone. Who was the last player to ever excite you Rhino? Was it Barassi or Warne-Smith get excited Aussie is a gun and has to get the rising star this week. Keep it up Aussie show the old fools that they are wrong.(comparing Aussie to Godfrey I never saw that coming get off your meds immediately)

I am with you H.

I have not seen Aussie do enough for mine to suggest that he is more than a fringe player in a poor side.

Eat your Bloody words Rhino!!!! This kid has been the only bright light in the first sicx weeks. Sunday BLOODY PROVED IT He is only 19 for gods sake-Full Page article written Sunday Morning then plays that cracker Game..Playing the MCG was surreal he said-well he's doing it

Fringe Player-I am going to remember you said that......Long Memory

Eat your Bloody words Rhino!!!! This kid has been the only bright light in the first sicx weeks. Sunday BLOODY PROVED IT He is only 19 for gods sake-Full Page article written Sunday Morning then plays that cracker Game..Playing the MCG was surreal he said-well he's doing it

Rhino will be in this thread soon doing a giant backflip.

Come on RR. Be a man and admit you do not have the football nous required to identify footy talent.

What a great performance by Aussie.

Those celebrations are legendary.

It's players like Aussie that football clubs dream of - talent, speed, flair, achieving goals the hard way.

People will come to games just to watch this bloke - he's a marketer's dream

What a great day for the MFC. Let's hope it can continue for Aussie and the rest of the boys.

Yeah get Austin out there with Paul Macnamee in time when he is settled and playing reguliar senior Footy. Aboriginal Magic he will be ok. and yes i remember sean charles and les bamblett. I also remember a young Jeff Farmer and one good Byron Year

Nice one OZ

Rhino will be in this thread soon doing a giant backflip.

Come on RR. Be a man and admit you do not have the football nous required to identify footy talent.

By the way i am older than you Rhino but i still like to party hard and enjoy life!!!!!

just thought i'd quote you again rhino.

Seriously i went to the Kangaroos games (And yes i went to the Freo game to watch Wonaeamirri play). He had been the only spark in 4 Games

Fringe player indeed!!! Robert Flower had to learn the game once to you know

Its posts like that which remove any doubts I had about you Little. Another wingnut that does not read the thread.

just thought i'd quote you again rhino.

Wrong again Freak. And how many times has this been happening? Too many to count.

If you are going to quote me do it properly.

He stepped up and was fantastic today when it counted. All credit to him.

You know Freak. You could learn something (Nah maybe not). I stated at a point in time prior to Saturday's game that I had yet to see Wona do anything to really impress me. I have acknowledged he was making the most of his opportunity. After the game I have given full credit.

Now apply that to Brad Miller. <_<

Maybe you and Y_M could sit in the corner and push pins into your Brad Miller and Cameron Bruce effigies. He has alot of time on his hands now he does not get to games anymore.

Guest redandbluethruandthru

Aussie nabbed the Rising Star nomination for Round 7.

Would have been obvious to anyone who saw the game that he would get the nod this week. Outstanding performance.

Unfortunately Sampi (like Cupido) never ever had the right attitude for AFL

Sampi currently about 15kg overweight and struggling to get a kick in the Hampden league. We dodged a bullet there.

Less than 1% chance of ever playing AFL again IMO.

Rhino, i took my hat off for Miller's performance. I did acknowledge that he played a great game. And if he plays half as good as that every week then he will be a great player for us for a long time. I hope he does, but the fact is, he probably wont even kicked 3 more goals for the rest of the season or get more than 15 touches in any one game. I hope i'm wrong.

And i don't know how you can compare Aussie with Miller? Aussie has played maybe 1 poor game and played 4 good ones. Miller has played about 3 good games and about 94 shockers over his 97 game career. The ratios of good/bad games is completely opposite.

Now. Speaking of the odds...

Looking at those odds, I'd say Wonna is possibly in second place behind Rioli as a chance to win it. Palmer is good, but faded on Sunday, and I doubt he'll be able to keep up that kind of dash for 22 rounds, which he'd need to do to win it. Rioli is a prodigious talent and is a fraction ahead of Davey. Other than that, I'm not sure the others are banging the door down. Brown is ok for the Pies, but is a defender. Kreuzer is going to be up against it. Cotchin isn't playing yet. Masten hasn't starred as much as Wonna yet.

Unless I'm mistaken, I put Wonna in second place at this stage. Davey was in a similar place in 2004, and but for a hammy would have won it...

Rhino, i took my hat off for Miller's performance. I did acknowledge that he played a great game. And if he plays half as good as that every week then he will be a great player for us for a long time. I hope he does, but the fact is, he probably wont even kicked 3 more goals for the rest of the season or get more than 15 touches in any one game. I hope i'm wrong.

And i don't know how you can compare Aussie with Miller? Aussie has played maybe 1 poor game and played 4 good ones. Miller has played about 3 good games and about 94 shockers over his 97 game career. The ratios of good/bad games is completely opposite.

Wrong Again Freak.

In between saying he played a great game you just went and stuck the boots in with another serve of crap. Your first paragraph is about the most rational and sensible post out of the 100 or so rants you have posted on Miller.

And how did I compare Aussie with Miller? I did not. You made a point of quoting my comments prior to the match about Wona. And you did so for a cheap point score in light of his game on the weekend. If you had the gumption to read the thread fully you would have noticed I have acknowledged and given full credit to the player for his performance and its no surprise he won the rising star for it. But the key issue was I was prepared to fully acknowledge the performance of a player notwithstanding any past views I may have aired. You are only just learning what that is about.

Yeah I wondered why I couldn't reply . .

Anyway, on talent

Sampi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wona.

I am wondering why you bothered.

What a load of crap about talent.

One guy works his butt off to maximise his opportunities in the AFL and performs and another is an overweight never was that needs a crane to move around the Hampden league.

And you are flushed with Sampi's talent....could fit it on a pin head.