• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

El Presidente

Guest lambtotheslaughter

Guest lambtotheslaughter

With a president who thinks this way no wonder we are in the sheetenhouzen

We need a prez who bleeds red and blue

We need a prez who wants the DEMON logo to reign and not have players play like fuschias

Faarrk the people who are worried re the implecations of being a DEMON

We should play like demons

We need a prez who understands that political correctness is defined by the BBC show The Office

We need a prez who's message from above is NOT that there are more important things in life than football

We DON'T need a prez who thinks that football is a matter of life and death

Football is far more important than that

We need a PREZ who thinks the way we do

We are the DEMONS and if that is offensive to certain cultures then they can follow the hawks or whatever we don't need them

I think your name is very apt, and i'm guessing Gardner is the lamb...

PG hasn't been great but he has done some good things, put us on track as it were...

But with every administration in every walk of life, he doesn't want the criticism focussed on him.

His time is almost up and he will move on, and we will move on to the next saviour.

But unless Dick Pratt has a brother who is a Melbourne supporter, it doesn't matter who the Prez is.

We are going to need more sponsorship, less turnover (sorry DB is going nowhere), and improved performances (or a very promising display from a group of youngsters).

We are the DEMONS and if that is offensive to certain cultures then they can follow the hawks or whatever we don't need them

Untapped markets, new supporters... nah, we don't need them! :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to say it mate, but if football is the most important thing in your life, then I'm afraid you need to get some perspective. The Demonland members are at the more passionate end of the Melbourne supporter base, but honestly, let's remember that this is a game played for enjoyment of the participants and supporters alike. I bloody savor Melbourne's success, and I crave a that ultimate glory as much as anyone whose sat rain soaked in the outer at the MCG on a cold day in June. But life or death!? Passion, yes! But perspective, please!

You're asking for a president who simply has the best of intentions. Call me easy to please, but I'd be happy with business nous, corporate contacts, and something of a public profile.

In ten lines you mention the Demons logo three times. Right, I get it, you liked it. But let me tell you, the absence of the Demons logo is so far from the least of our issues, it's not even funny. And if you think the return of the demon face would lift our players to the heights of the 50's team, you're dreaming. Furthermore, if you think that Gardner doesn't bleed for this club or that he's somewhat happy with our flower-like performances, well, then I'm speechless.

Remember being the president is an unpaid position. You suggest Gardner isn't passionate, you imply that you are. Well then I ask, how many hours have you donated to the club you love in the past five years? More or less than Paul??

Guest lambtotheslaughter

You suggest Gardner isn't passionate

No suggestion, I am stating it

It's a very unrewarding job being the prez of an unsuccessful club but the rot starts at the top

Any way onwards and upwards to the blue baggers

It's like the 70's, any win is like a finals victory

After a come from behind last minute goal for victory we'll all be in full voice, the whole twenty three of us

Untapped markets, new supporters... nah, we don't need them! :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to say it mate, but if football is the most important thing in your life, then I'm afraid you need to get some perspective. The Demonland members are at the more passionate end of the Melbourne supporter base, but honestly, let's remember that this is a game played for enjoyment of the participants and supporters alike. I bloody savor Melbourne's success, and I crave a that ultimate glory as much as anyone whose sat rain soaked in the outer at the MCG on a cold day in June. But life or death!? Passion, yes! But perspective, please!

You're asking for a president who simply has the best of intentions. Call me easy to please, but I'd be happy with business nous, corporate contacts, and something of a public profile.

In ten lines you mention the Demons logo three times. Right, I get it, you liked it. But let me tell you, the absence of the Demons logo is so far from the least of our issues, it's not even funny. And if you think the return of the demon face would lift our players to the heights of the 50's team, you're dreaming. Furthermore, if you think that Gardiner doesn't bleed for this club or that he's somewhat happy with our flower-like performances, well, then I'm speechless.

Remember being the president is an unpaid position. You suggest Gardiner isn't passionate, you imply that you are. Well then I ask, how many hours have you donated to the club you love in the past five years? More or less than Paul??

Too much sense wasted on far too little WM.

The thread's author's last line is the most disturbing.

A president needs these 3 skills to be a success at an AFL CLub:

1. Bowhunting skills

2. Computer Hacking skills

3. Nunchuk skills

It also helps to have the following:

1. A Sweet bike that can go off jumps

2. A moustache

3. Tater-tots.

Listed above ladies and gentleman, are they keys to presidential success!

1. Bowhunting skills

3. Nunchuk skills

2. A moustache

3. Tater-tots.

Thanks Wrathchild for bringing us up to date on the latest cutting edge developments in executive recruitment.

It sounds like our ideal candidate is a Rambo | Bill Gates | Bruce Lee | Crusty Demons | Tom Sellek type

Please illuminate as to what exactly a Tater-tot is?

Or should we just cut to the chase and elect Harry Potter?

1. Bowhunting skills

3. Nunchuk skills

2. A moustache

3. Tater-tots.

Sweet.... Napoleon

Anyone who doesn't think Paul Gardner is passionate about this club clearly knows nothing about him.

The man has sacrificed everything for our club, donated his time and money to help us despite having no support from his family.

Unless you actually know him personally I doubt you can judge his passion or dedication to this club.

• 1 month later...
Guest lambtotheslaughter

:rolleyes:

I have what I wished for

Let's hope it's not a case of careful what you wish for you might get it

I emailed Jimmy 11 years ago and said he couldn't resign as he owed us a go at the grand final.

He's slow to respond but respond he did

Great stuff Jimmy now let's pull the finger out and get some success.

See you on Sunday at the Dome

Guest lambtotheslaughter
Disgusting, ungrateful, misinformed.

The job is "unrewarding" because of amnesic nit-wits like you.

Perhaps the rot starts at the bottom?

No, it starts at the top

I'll accept nit-wit but what's amnesic refer to

Read the original post and you will see a cheek jutting away from the face with a tongue firmly implanted

Precious

Running a club such as ours is done with great sacrifice and good intentions, but good intentions and sacrifice don't always achive the desired result

Jim may or may not have the answers, but something had to happen, it's happened and let's all get on with it

I heard a jeer from a fellow Redleg on Monday calling Didak and accessory, funny

The fact is running my, our, football club is too important

The Melbourne Football Club is not bling. It shouldn't be used as and accessory either

No direct accusations just a lot of speculation

No, it starts at the top

I'll accept nit-wit but what's amnesic refer to

Read the original post and you will see a cheek jutting away from the face with a tongue firmly implanted

Precious

Running a club such as ours is done with great sacrifice and good intentions, but good intentions and sacrifice don't always achive the desired result

Jim may or may not have the answers, but something had to happen, it's happened and let's all get on with it

I heard a jeer from a fellow Redleg on Monday calling Didak and accessory, funny

The fact is running my, our, football club is too important

The Melbourne Football Club is not bling. It shouldn't be used as and accessory either

No direct accusations just a lot of speculation

"Amnesic" refers to the club's situation in 2003.

Something had to be done? "something" (achieving the "desired result") has been getting done ever since 2003 - that's where the "ungrateful" bit comes from.

If you can't get your head around that then there is no point in me discussing it further. (cue: "misinformed" and "nitwit")

P.S. you say that Gardner has no passion but then you say that running the club requires "great sacrifice." Which is it?

P.P.S. Just who is using the club as an accessory?

"Its a Nightmare", rent Napoleon dynamite and find out for yourself. And spare me you sarcasm, I am simply adding some fun into a drab topic!

GOSSSSSSSSSHHHHH!!

LOL - some of us got it Wrathchild. Thanks for the laugh!

Moose