Feeling nervous, Dean Bailey?

jumbo returns

I know that Dean Bailey is as calm as can be at the moment - he's not under any stress, what can I do he says? Keep playing the young kids, he says...the experienced guys are letting us down he says...

I wonder if there'll be any pressure at 0 - 12 and Chris ' I have no aspirations to coach again' Connolly waiting on the outer?

No so comfortable with your Costello smirk now, are you Dean? mmmm?

Why ought Bailey be nervous. He's not failing..he has 22 other to do that for him!!

I think you will find Conolly will indeed ramp up his efforts...but they will like all others now involved with the club be to build..not cause dissent.

Im not sure JR that you have any clue what this club is about.

Why ought Bailey be nervous. He's not failing..he has 22 other to do that for him!!

I think you will find Conolly will indeed ramp up his efforts...but they will like all others now involved with the club be to build..not cause dissent.

Im not sure JR that you have any clue what this club is about.

am i to respond as rudely as that? who are you, bb59, that seems to know the intricate workings of this club? someone special?

are you dean bailey? no...say it isn't so!!!

rude...lol...thats funny

Lets see..been here five minutes and rubbishing the coach. Not with any facts or anything to really base anything on other that a poor attempt at muck raking.

Then you retort with classic Troll like efforts of distraction and attempts to divest yourself of ownership of the aforementioned cr@p by attempting the ol bait and bash.

Now in order for anyone to take you seriously for even the quickest of moments you might want to come up with something a little bit better.

Now lets try again shall we.. Why should Bailey be nervous ??

rude...lol...thats funny

Lets see..been here five minutes and rubbishing the coach. Not with any facts or anything to really base anything on other that a poor attempt at muck raking.

Then you retort with classic Troll like efforts of distraction and attempts to divest yourself of ownership of the aforementioned cr@p by attempting the ol bait and bash.

Now in order for anyone to take you seriously for even the quickest of moments you might want to come up with something a little bit better.

Now lets try again shall we.. Why should Bailey be nervous ??

Yes...well - I love the ole 'been here 5 mins, chappy, and you're creating quite a stir..wot?'

Get over yourself - I was merely making a statement about the relationship between Bailey and Connolly. Are the roles that clearly defined? You obviously seem to be in the 'know'.

PS lol? what the hell is that? how old are you? rofl!!

I know that Dean Bailey is as calm as can be at the moment - he's not under any stress, what can I do he says? Keep playing the young kids, he says...the experienced guys are letting us down he says...

I wonder if there'll be any pressure at 0 - 12 and Chris ' I have no aspirations to coach again' Connolly waiting on the outer?

No so comfortable with your Costello smirk now, are you Dean? mmmm?

Bugger off Jumbo.

Bailey has the job to sort the crap from our list & I'm certain that he's doing the hard yards as we speak.

Bugger off Jumbo.

Bailey has the job to sort the crap from our list & I'm certain that he's doing the hard yards as we speak.

hey dee - luded, take a number to abuse me, man!! Only bb59 has that right with 3,000 odd posts compared to your pissy number!

Show some respect.

Cuddles has annointed DB as our coach for AT LEAST the next 6 years. That's about the time it takes to develop a top team from scratch. Ask Bomber, or Clarko, or even Sheeds - after he won his 1st 2 flags with the list he inherited from Barry Davis, it then took 9, and then 7 years for his other 2.

DB has inherited some stuff that was diverted from Werribee, and a lot of talented kids. Don't watch the ineptitude and lack of leadership, and ignore the scoreboard. Both Bomber and Clarkson withstood the barrage of supporters calling for their heads, and so will DB.

When he develops the team HE wants, and they're successful, remember your words. They will come back to haunt you.

Cuddles has annointed DB as our coach for AT LEAST the next 6 years. That's about the time it takes to develop a top team from scratch. Ask Bomber, or Clarko, or even Sheeds - after he won his 1st 2 flags with the list he inherited from Barry Davis, it then took 9, and then 7 years for his other 2.

DB has inherited some stuff that was diverted from Werribee, and a lot of talented kids. Don't watch the ineptitude and lack of leadership, and ignore the scoreboard. Both Bomber and Clarkson withstood the barrage of supporters calling for their heads, and so will DB.

When he develops the team HE wants, and they're successful, remember your words. They will come back to haunt you.

Who's Cuddles?

Bomber and Clarkson are totally different astroboy, sorry, astrodee. Bomber has had the advantage of the father-son rule to pick up a heap of talent, including a Brownlow medalist from us.

Clarkson had some actual big names he could throw on the table, unlike our team at the moment.

All I said was that the Connolly appointment was quite interesting, considering he was an ex-coach.

Are the roles clearly defined or are the lines getting cloudier?

I've copped a bit, but that's okay - i need to get my posts up to get bb59's respect. ;)

hey dee - luded, take a number to abuse me, man!! Only bb59 has that right with 3,000 odd posts compared to your pissy number!

Show some respect.

Actually the number of posts are irrelevant and I'm proof, I get abused by everyone :P

You whine about people being rude to you then call Astrodee, astroboy........ hmmm seems a bit contradicting does it not?

It was a term of endearment, condemned 84, to astrodee.....surely you remember astroboy? apologies to you and astrodee for my freudian slip but i loved astroboy!!! he would fly into adversity, always ready to take on the enemy, had heart, had passion, could kick either foot...

hang on.....you two aren't the same person are you??? are you??

It was a term of endearment, condemned 84, to astrodee.....surely you remember astroboy? apologies to you and astrodee for my freudian slip but i loved astroboy!!! he would fly into adversity, always ready to take on the enemy, had heart, had passion, could kick either foot...

hang on.....you two aren't the same person are you??? are you??

I can't remember Astroboy being as dominant on the left foot as the right.

From memory he also had very clean hands in a pack situation

No doubt the roles were and are clearly defined, yes.

I'm not in the inner sanctum, but I haven't heard anything to suggest there's a mutiny, and I doubt CC has realistic aspirations for the head coaching role at this point in time.

To my Knowledge Bails inked a 2 year deal. Now correct me If i am wrong, but we are hardly in a financial position to be buying out contracts ans sending coaches packing 4 games into a 2 season contract.

Bails will see his contract out. IF it turns around (like it did for clarkson, he was in the same boat as bails is now some years ago) we may be singin a different tune.

Who's Cuddles?

Bomber and Clarkson are totally different astroboy, sorry, astrodee. Bomber has had the advantage of the father-son rule to pick up a heap of talent, including a Brownlow medalist from us.

Clarkson had some actual big names he could throw on the table, unlike our team at the moment.

All I said was that the Connolly appointment was quite interesting, considering he was an ex-coach.

I've copped a bit, but that's okay - i need to get my posts up to get bb59's respect. ;)

Cuddles is CC's nickname. Wherever the cattle come from is of little import. Good recruiting always involves some luck. Cuddles fits his role as FOP like a glove, just as Balmey does. They are professional, convivial, and well loved footy identities. He realizes that he can do as much to bring home the coveted prize as if he were coach. He is there to help, mentor and assist DB.

I have no problema with your post. Merely your underestimation of CC's love for the club.

Perspective :

You employ a Builder to put together that wonderful house youve always wanted. You know the ground's a bit shakey and much is necessary before you really get stuck into it. Lots of prelimanry works etc..

So you want to sack the builder when he's only half way though demolishing the 'shack" that sits upon your lot ?? <_< :rolleyes:;)

Perspective :

You employ a Builder to put together that wonderful house youve always wanted. You know the ground's a bit shakey and much is necessary before you really get stuck into it. Lots of prelimanry works etc..

So you want to sack the builder when he's only half way though demolishing the 'shack" that sits upon your lot ?? <_< :rolleyes:;)

now we're talking....bb59, i like the metaphor and hence my initial post. i like 'cuddles'. believe it or not, i think bailey is putting on a brave face but there's not much he can do at the moment, hence your notion of our shaky foundations. i was merely concerned that there are not many ex-coaches out there that are team managers.

i do not want to sack the coach.....perhaps you should read the post with more clarity before you shake your gory locks at me......

You alluded that Bailey ought to be worried and that Connolly might be sharking !! How did I misinterpert that ?

The board seems not concerned.. Bailey is confident ( long term ) and Connolly is on record as wanting his current job not the coaches.

Other than the terrible performances of players to date I dont see a problem above the management line>

now we're talking....bb59, i like the metaphor and hence my initial post. i like 'cuddles'. believe it or not, i think bailey is putting on a brave face but there's not much he can do at the moment, hence your notion of our shaky foundations. i was merely concerned that there are not many ex-coaches out there that are team managers.

i do not want to sack the coach.....perhaps you should read the post with more clarity before you shake your gory locks at me......

c.c has stated categorically that he is not seeking to coach the club once Bailey had been appointed. I think Connolly is a ripper person to have around the club but i would be staggered if he ended up coaching the club.