Please, Dean, don't be like Daniher

paddo

I hope DB blasts the players for this performance and makes a stand by dropping a cast of senior players. Daniher was soft when it came to dropping established players, but sometimes you have to make a statement that this soft [censored] attitude WILL NOT be tolerated.

Reason for loss - Hawthorn were simply better than us

Reason for margin of loss - Our non-existent defensive pressure

The main culprits: Bruce, White and Yze - SENIOR PLAYERS!!!

These players have to be dropped because it will send a message to our youngsters - "Wow, we'd better pull our finger out."

I felt sorry for guys like McLean, Jonesy, Weetra, Morton and Neita who ALWAYS give their all.

Something better be done.

I hope DB blasts the players for this performance and makes a stand by dropping a cast of senior players. Daniher was soft when it came to dropping established players, but sometimes you have to make a statement that this soft [censored] attitude WILL NOT be tolerated.

Reason for loss - Hawthorn were simply better than us

Reason for margin of loss - Our non-existent defensive pressure

The main culprits: Bruce, White and Yze - SENIOR PLAYERS!!!

These players have to be dropped because it will send a message to our youngsters - "Wow, we'd better pull our finger out."

I felt sorry for guys like McLean, Jonesy, Weetra, Morton and Neita who ALWAYS give their all.

Something better be done.

McLean looked slow & old today. I am assuming he was injured?

How do we recruit Bateman?

Bruce was underdone and will get better. Yze should not play again. White maybe in his last season. Not sure when his contract ends but he will improve this season. Holland will be in his last season. What annoys me is that the 2 C'wood lads drafted early in 2005 are in the top 50 (Sheahans).

Our no. 3 and 5 of 2003 are way behind ATM. We really need a BIGGG improvement from MCLean and Sylvia.

We also need Dunn to kick on and Bate to keep improving. Newton needs to put on a few kegs but should be ok.

I think we have the nucleus of a good team coming through if they all live up to their promise.

McLean looked slow & old today. I am assuming he was injured?

How do we recruit Bateman?

I'm not sure why everyone is having a crack at McLean, he tried his guts out today. Was easily our best player (not that it was that difficult), but he has never been overly quick so that was probably why he looked slow.

I'm surprised no-one has had a crack at Jones yet, he is probably my second fav player, but he couldn't hit a target to save himself, and it was the thing that killed us the most today, our disposal.

Bruce was underdone and will get better.

Rubbish excuse. Being underdone is not a free pass to duck your head and avoid physical contact.

We've been waiting for him to get better for 8 seasons. It's not happening. Time to let go.

Bailey needs to make a statement by dropping a host of senior players, but at the same time there is a danger of over reacting. The worst thing we can do is dwell on this loss. We have to move on and focus on next week.

However, on today's performance White, Yze, Bruce, Davey and Green all deserve to be dropped.

to late for that, today was a typical daniher game, kicking backwards and sideways, crap play by carroll and miller, when are the coaches every going to learn carroll is crap, 99% of the game his player is always in front of him always kicks goals and yet carrolls still playing seniors footy!!!!!!! and as for miller does he know hes out there to play footy because everytime i see him anywhere near the ball he seems to scared to go near it hes always going the other way. and then theres the problem this thing with carroll and miller whenever the other side kick a goal those two tap hands like as if they're the ones who have just kicked a goal or like theyre happy the other team has kicked a goal and we're losing, whats the story there....i say its time for a female coach....and as for 15 sunday games in a row, if the they keep playing like this looks like i'll be sleeping in more....the team should watch todays game and learn a few things from hawthorn like kicking straight to a player and marking and kicking goals and not to be afraid of the ball, today melbourne who started this game 150 years ago has put this game to shame

I think, for psychology's sake, we need to give the players a license to BANG IT LONG when in doubt. I know it's high risk but until the confidence comes back and the skills & decision making improve it's just not viable to keep trying to muddle through with what is frankly a fidgety style, especially sicne there are a lot of players not used to working together, and there will be many more coming in next few years because there's obviously a turnover period coming.

And I agree that some players need to be dropped -

Rivers in.

Whelan in.

Bartram in.

Bate in.

Sylvia in.

Dunn in.

Possibly all next week. So options for covering a few bumped players, across all roles.

But there are other threads for exactly what changes need to be made.

Side note - it's conceivable that on form we shortly wont have any members of our leadership group actually on the field. :huh:

i liked the way dean bailey talked to the media and he looked genuinally upset

http://bigpondvideo.com/afl/44767

listen to his respone to the question at 3:37

He remained calm but to me it seems that he's ready to quite seriously hurt a lot of players.

He was fairly short-tempered with the media, and I think the fools who play for this club have no idea what's coming their way tomorrow (mentioned Tuesday's training).

It's all fun and games until the bald man brings his shotgun to training :lol:

He remained calm but to me it seems that he's ready to quite seriously hurt a lot of players.

He was fairly short-tempered with the media, and I think the fools who play for this club have no idea what's coming their way tomorrow (mentioned Tuesday's training).

It's all fun and games until the bald man brings his shotgun to training :lol:

Rent a small aeroplane, fly 10ks off shore, whole list gets pushed outta the plane... you make it to shore - you get a game :lol:

The response by Bailey to the question regarding dropping players for next week of "depends how they train" would indicate to me that Danners left his small axe when he went. At least he won't be able to bring in the soft favourites because they all played.

Guest Schtacker

Depends how they train?

Yep, apparently Yze was on fire on the track all summer and it certainly paid off Yesterday

Bailey's stock is plummeting

I do not believe DB's stocks are plummeting at all. Kevin Sheedy would not say he had the goods if indeed he does not.

About time all concerned with the MFC took accountability for where we are currently at.........

For those that want to shoot easy targets go and find those moving ducks at Luna Park........Maybe you might shoot some soft slow movers such as Yze, Green, Bruce and Robbo to name a few..........

Yep, apparently Yze was on fire on the track all summer and it certainly paid off Yesterday

Bailey's stock is plummeting

Shouldn't that be Yze's stocks?

Or can they not get any lower?!!!