Carroll late for game

Guest unstable punt

There's a reason that he was offered up for trade last year... You can't build a side around idiots. It's why Trav was traded, it's also why his currency was a lot less than most supporters were prepared to admit. Carroll has the next four months to change things, but like I said... idiots...

I tell you what...

If they suspend Carroll for round 1, they're punishing us the members. We already had Sylvia, Bate, Rivers, Whelan and Bartram on the sidelines. We don't need another omission. Yes Carroll is a peanut, but he's all we've got in defence. I'm not really interested in the Hawks fowards kicking 30 goals between them on Monday week.

I know Carroll's got form on his side and you've got to drill in the message, but his indescretion was small-fry compared to Sylvia's.

Make him do 7x 5am 10km runs up the Dandenongs this week for all I care, but let him play Monday week V Hawthorn.

I tell you what...

If they suspend Carroll for round 1, they're punishing us the members. We already had Sylvia, Bate, Rivers, Whelan and Bartram on the sidelines. We don't need another omission. Yes Carroll is a peanut, but he's all we've got in defence. I'm not really interested in the Hawks fowards kicking 30 goals between them on Monday week.

I know Carroll's got form on his side and you've got to drill in the message, but his indescretion was small-fry compared to Sylvia's.

Make him do 7x 5am 10km runs up the Dandenongs this week for all I care, but let him play Monday week V Hawthorn.

Understand why you would feel that way...

The case for the prosecution : If the message is going to get through its got to be consistent "line in the sand" approach!

The Defence: in light of recent events my client was desperate not to cop a speeding fine your honour

i thought the article was stupid. I got all worried that he did something hugely wrong. He turned up late ! could be for a number of reasons, im sure its nothing, its just pick on us at the moment.

another candidate for "you're not in line to start in 09 !!"

Is it my imagination..or as the club takes a more serious approach to the insufference of fools that certain folk are showing their true colours more and more ?? <_<

Guest MFC4Life
i thought the article was stupid. I got all worried that he did something hugely wrong. He turned up late ! could be for a number of reasons, im sure its nothing, its just pick on us at the moment.

Agree Mousey. How does anyone now what really happened? You weren't there, you don't know.

What absolute garbage. There are NO excuses for turning up over an hour late for any engagement. Any professional person would make allowances for any potential mishaps.

As previously said, the guy is a peanut, who doesn't know the meaning of the word professionalism.

mousey, do you reckon he misjudged the convey of cars making their way down to Casey Fields to watch the game?

im saying we dont know EXACTLY what the reason was, till then why the hell should people be crucifying him as i doubt he is not the only player to ever turn up late to a game under a circumstance that may of been un-avoidable, its happened in the past from all clubs but NOONE ever hears bout it, we are because of everything going on atm which is a good thing but all i am saying is NOONE knows why he was late so till then...chilL!

im saying we dont know EXACTLY what the reason was, till then why the hell should people be crucifying him as i doubt he is not the only player to ever turn up late to a game under a circumstance that may of been un-avoidable, its happened in the past from all clubs but NOONE ever hears bout it, we are because of everything going on atm which is a good thing but all i am saying is NOONE knows why he was late so till then...chilL!

If he did have a legitimate excuse which was unavoidable, then you'd call the football manager, and the whole issue wouldn't be reported. He has obviously transgressed.

Give him a break, its a long drive to Cranbourne from Moe!

Haha. Pay that.

I can see where this saga is going, if it hasn't already got there. Any little morsel re: Melbourne racking disciprine that the delightful boffins in the papers can get their grubby paws on is going to be front page news. Carroll is an idiot. We know! This is just ridiculous muck-raking and would not, in any way, be newsworthy but for the recent spate of MINOR incidents that have beset our club.

WHO. CARES.

Haha. Pay that.

I can see where this saga is going, if it hasn't already got there. Any little morsel re: Melbourne racking disciprine that the delightful boffins in the papers can get their grubby paws on is going to be front page news. Carroll is an idiot. We know! This is just ridiculous muck-raking and would not, in any way, be newsworthy but for the recent spate of MINOR incidents that have beset our club.

WHO. CARES.

I care, I'm sick of the lackadaisical attitude that has been around the club since as long as I can remember, these guys get paid a lot of money to play very ordinary football and the least they can do is try to be professional about their approach. I don't know of any other job that pays so well and provides young men with such a privileged lifestyle and if they are not interested in accepting the club rules then they can p/off.

If it comes to the crunch and we get another shot at a flag I want all the players totally committed to the task and fully aware of what is required to win, you cannot win a flag without discipline. We haven't had it and hopefully the new coach will introduce it because if he doesn't it will mean many more years in the wilderness.

I care, I'm sick of the lackadaisical attitude that has been around the club since as long as I can remember, these guys get paid a lot of money to play very ordinary football and the least they can do is try to be professional about their approach. I don't know of any other job that pays so well and provides young men with such a privileged lifestyle and if they are not interested in accepting the club rules then they can p/off.

If it comes to the crunch and we get another shot at a flag I want all the players totally committed to the task and fully aware of what is required to win, you cannot win a flag without discipline. We haven't had it and hopefully the new coach will introduce it because if he doesn't it will mean many more years in the wilderness.

Discipline is important, I concur. But these sorts of things are ticky-touchwood at worst. This sort of crap happens to all clubs, I guarantee it. The only reason we know anything about it this time is because these media flogs (and yes, this is '[censored]' journalism) have smelt blood in the water and are circling to make sure they all get a piece of the action.

But come on, these blokes are not drafted based on their repute as upstanding citizens. 75% of them have rocks in their heads. This sort of minor stuff-up probably occurs once or twice each week at every AFL club. The simple fact is that some AFL players cannot even spell professionalism, let alone comprehend and embrace it. Every club has its [censored]. Our's are just an easy target because we're down on form. Geelong had its moments last year, but won the flag emphatically. Just because Steve Johnson was a [censored], it didn't affect the rest of the team. David Johnson drank himself into a stupor and spent the night in the lockup. Didn't make a jot of difference. [censored] are a fact of football. We shouldn't tar the whole playing group with the same brush of indiscipline just because of the [censored].

how many of you lets hang Carrol up by the curlies went to the game, and how many are commenting from the comfort of their lounge room safetly removed from the traffic?

i went to the game and left FTG with 2 hours to get there. got onto the south gippi highway and came to a great grinding holt. cars stopped from Cranbourne going nowhere. i was lucky somebody from work told me of another way and i cut through Hallam but then only just made it with a couple of minutes to spare.

but what the hell being late has NO excuses if you read these pages, he might have slept in, if so drop him for RD1, he might have been caught in the traffic jam and didnt want to go screaming down the left hand dirt and get booked and have you lot screaming about his traffic infringements. maybe his granny died and he was late getting from the funeral.

I DONT KNOW and more to the point neither do you as yet, let the leadership group handle this and first allow him a hearing before you doom him forever to eternal damnation.

how many of you lets hang Carrol up by the curlies went to the game, and how many are commenting from the comfort of their lounge room safetly removed from the traffic?

i went to the game and left FTG with 2 hours to get there. got onto the south gippi highway and came to a great grinding holt. cars stopped from Cranbourne going nowhere. i was lucky somebody from work told me of another way and i cut through Hallam but then only just made it with a couple of minutes to spare.

but what the hell being late has NO excuses if you read these pages, he might have slept in, if so drop him for RD1, he might have been caught in the traffic jam and didnt want to go screaming down the left hand dirt and get booked and have you lot screaming about his traffic infringements. maybe his granny died and he was late getting from the funeral.

I DONT KNOW and more to the point neither do you as yet, let the leadership group handle this and first allow him a hearing before you doom him forever to eternal damnation.

Apparently there was some confusion regarding the starting time for the game so it's not really his fault.