Kreuzer a Dee?

Redleg

Could this happen? Carlton is seriously looking at Cotchin as its pick. Ratten was quoted as saying they are divided 2/2 on Kreuzer/Cotchin. There is the view that some highly regarded junior ruckmen don't make it in the AFL. If Cotchin goes 1 and Morton 2 would the Eagles take Kreuzer or maybe a midfielder like Palmer/Masten who may go straight into the side and replace Cousins/Judd. If this scenario unfolds we will have Kreuzer available at 4. Might be pie in the sky but who knows.

Have you had a look at Richmond's list lately? The have only 10 players > 190cm. Their rucks are no-one, Simmonds and no-one. If Kruezer gets past Carlton he gets off at Richmond station and goes straight to Punt Road Oval.

If Kruezer gets past Carlton he gets off at Richmond station and goes straight to Punt Road Oval.

And that is only if there isn't a nice chauffeured car sent to pick him up ;) !!!

Have you had a look at Richmond's list lately? The have only 10 players > 190cm. Their rucks are no-one, Simmonds and no-one. If Kruezer gets past Carlton he gets off at Richmond station and goes straight to Punt Road Oval.

What if they have done a deal to take Mitch Morton's brother ? Have heard this morning that Morton's family is moving to Melbourne as two brothers are here already.

Could this happen? Carlton is seriously looking at Cotchin as its pick. Ratten was quoted as saying they are divided 2/2 on Kreuzer/Cotchin. There is the view that some highly regarded junior ruckmen don't make it in the AFL. If Cotchin goes 1 and Morton 2 would the Eagles take Kreuzer or maybe a midfielder like Palmer/Masten who may go straight into the side and replace Cousins/Judd. If this scenario unfolds we will have Kreuzer available at 4. Might be pie in the sky but who knows.

I think you and I might have been standing a little too long in the sun at Glenferrie Oval last Sunday.

What if they have done a deal to take Mitch Morton's brother ? Have heard this morning that Morton's family is moving to Melbourne as two brothers are here already.

The only way I could see them passing on Kruezer is if they picked up Josh Fraser in the PSD.

Morton's parents probably want to come over here to look after their boys - they know Cale will be well looked after at the mighty Eagles and don't have to worry about him.

TBH, i would rather have meesen and palmer, than have kreuzer and meeson...palmer = judd...palmer>kreuzer now that we have meesen

I'm not sure thats particularly sensible. I advocated Palmer pretty heavily at first, but the more I read, the more I get the impression that he could be a good player, rather than he is a potential star. I am almost certain that we will not take Palmer at pick 4, though I of course know no more than anybody else. Having said that, Kruezer is not especially impressive to me either. Yes he is a wonderful athlete, but I'm still not convinced that he is an AFL footballer. Call me the skeptic.

In any case, we will be spared this conundrum because Kruezer will be gone at Pick 1. Carlton will take him, whatever Ratten says. They have absolutely sweet FA in the talls department, and for those who advocate that positional needs should not affect your drafting strategy, Kruezer is pretty much universally regarded as the best player that will be in the 07 draft as well.

I expect that there will be no surprises in the top 3. Carlton will take Kruezer, Richmond will take Morton and West Coast will take Cotchin. Unfortunately for us we have the first 'interesting' selection, and I expect that it will be out of Masten and Rance. It seems to me that Rance gets ignored alot because he is a tall; yet everywhere I also read that he can read the play (IMO the most important quality in a tall defender), is a good athlete, courageous, has excellent skills, good defensively and offensively (rebound from D50), with occasionally poor decision making his only deficiency. I think there is an excellent chance that we will take him with our first pick, and I wouldn't be upset at all. He sounds to me like he is as good a player as any that is likely to be available at Pick 4. Just because he doesn't get 30 touches a game like Masten or Palmer, doesn't mean he is not as good.

however, is rance the best available, because Cream said that he will get the best players available with the early picks regardless of position

I appreciate that and agree with the strategy unconditionally. What I'm saying is that it is hard to compare Rance as a fullback to Masten or Palmer as midfielders, especially for the majority of us keyboard jockeys. I'm also saying that it is much easier to look at the stats and to conclude that Masten and Palmer are hands down better than Rance, because much of Rance's value won't show up on the stat sheet. It would not surprise me at all if CAC deems that Rance is indeed the better player than the other two. Masten and Palmer are both good midfielders, but Rance may be an excellent fullback. How do you deem which is more valuable, a good midfielder or an excellent fullback? I would suggest that the player who excels in the harder position is the obvious conclusion.

the best available at pick 4 in this years draft is a midfielder. thus we will 100% take a midfielder. we also desperately need to build a quality midfield division of the future.

Masten, Mclean, Sylvia, Jones, Dunn, Bartram and moloney is quality!

pick 4- will be out of Cotchin, Masten, Palmer- whoever CAC rates highest. obv Cotchin if he slips.

if we go midfeilder pick 4, you can count of pick 14 being a tall...especially because in this draft there are a heap of quality talls that are around pick 8-18...

it will be out of Rance, Myers, Collier or Pears (or Henderson or Mcevoy if they slip)---any one of these would be great!

pick 21 will still be plenty of good players that slip...Scott Simpson could be a great get. Veszpremi, Maric, Selwood or Grimes would add another highly rated midfielder to our division. i wouldn't be surprised if we went for a ruckman (Dawson Simpon 207cm, Bellchambers...) also.

my personal preference at pick 21 would be Geartner...appaz a better athletic prospect than Tom Williams, who was picked very early by the bulldogs. if we can turn him into a footballer, then he will be a massive steal.