Something to make your blood boil ...

classy dees

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,2...6-23211,00.html

Trevor Grant's article is primarily about the Judd-Carlton relationship, but the [censored] couldn't help himself to take a stab at us.

"You don't need to worry about this at Melbourne, where the competition's born loser had its lowly place on the AFL totem reaffirmed when Judd said no."

What pisses me off most is that this is the general consensus. I really thought that our approach to the whole judd thing was refreshing with bailey and connolly. But all of that was undone with judd's 'excuse' and Harris' acceptance of it. It is not just on-field, because over the last few years we've been one of the more successful (albeit without the ultimate prize obviously), but our club in general.

DB and CC have a lot of work to do, and so to do the players, because our club is taking a battering, and nobody seems willing or able to stand up for this once great club, and it is really upsetting.

I dont care how, or who, just do something positive about it, because otherwise this is gonna be another shizen birthday.

To be honest I've grown a thick skin when it comes to crap like that. It's trendy/fashionable to piss on us. We've got years of failure and stuffups to make up for before anyone will start to say anything nice about us. I don't care what people say or think. As long as we start to show some signs of being on the way up, and eventually taste some true success, then what the rest of the world thinks doesn't matter one iota.

if i was josh kennedy i would be saying, i will only agree to the trade if i get paid an extra 100k per year, or something extravagant. he doesnt have to go, if he doesnt want to go, he should get whatever he wants out of it. make it worthwhile for himself...

To be honest I've grown a thick skin when it comes to crap like that. It's trendy/fashionable to [censored] on us. We've got years of failure and stuffups to make up for before anyone will start to say anything nice about us. I don't care what people say or think. As long as we start to show some signs of being on the way up, and eventually taste some true success, then what the rest of the world thinks doesn't matter one iota.

As supporters we may not care what people think of our club, but public perception is very important in such a competitive industry.

It's important for sponsors, membership numbers and media exposure, which means it's important for our cash flow and bank balance.

But then, we probably shouldn't start this argument all over again.

We're seen as a loser, insignificant club, and as passionate supporters we have every right to be [censored] off about it.

Trevor Grant's article is primarily about the Judd-Carlton relationship, but the [censored] couldn't help himself to take a stab at us.

"You don't need to worry about this at Melbourne, where the competition's born loser had its lowly place on the AFL totem reaffirmed when Judd said no."

What pisses me off most is that this is the general consensus. I really thought that our approach to the whole judd thing was refreshing with bailey and connolly. But all of that was undone with judd's 'excuse' and Harris' acceptance of it. It is not just on-field, because over the last few years we've been one of the more successful (albeit without the ultimate prize obviously), but our club in general.

DB and CC have a lot of work to do, and so to do the players, because our club is taking a battering, and nobody seems willing or able to stand up for this once great club, and it is really upsetting.

I dont care how, or who, just do something positive about it, because otherwise this is gonna be another shizen birthday.

I'd be worried if the comments were made by a journalist of quality but who cares when the words were written by a broken down hack like Grant?

Footscray, St.Kilda, Richmond... and we are the AFL's losers?

Anyone have Trevir Grants email address?

While it is low to take the [censored] out of us, what he refers to is right; we are one of the least profitable, have shocking facilities, haven't won a flag in 40 years and are in the bottom half in player developement spending. He has every right to say what he said imo...

While it is low to take the [censored] out of us, what he refers to is right; we are one of the least profitable, have shocking facilities, haven't won a flag in 40 years and are in the bottom half in player developement spending. He has every right to say what he said imo...

Thats ok, but I would like to send him an email telling him he is the born loser of the media world

Fairs fair

Guest melbman
Footscray, St.Kilda, Richmond... and we are the AFL's losers?

Anyone have Trevir Grants email address?

Hmmm

While I'm not saying this is his address but the following 2 checks (1 false 1 positive) are on a variation of the name trevor grant for the domain heraldsun.com.au

From http://www.mailutilities.com/services/eav.html?action=check

Testing email: [email protected]

FAILED :

Email address ([email protected]) does not exists on email domain (HERALDSUN.COM.AU)

>>> HELO mailutilities.com

<<< 250 mx3.news.net.au Hello mailutilities.com

>>> MAIL FROM: <xxxxxx>

<<< 250 OK

>>> RCPT TO: <[email protected]>

<<< 550 Unknown user

Testing email: [email protected]

Recipient OK!

>>> HELO mailutilities.com

<<< 250 mx3.news.net.au Hello mailutilities.com

>>> MAIL FROM: <xxxxxx>

<<< 250 OK

>>> RCPT TO: <[email protected]>

<<< 250 Accepted

make of this as you will and of course I don't condone any naughtyness

make of this as you will and of course I don't condone any naughtyness

Haha and yet you have just facilitated it. Go on YM, do your worst.

Try to ease up on the expletives or you'll just look like a prat, however.

You don't need to worry about this at Melbourne, where the competition's born loser had its lowly place on the AFL totem reaffirmed when Judd said no.

This would be going up in the changerooms over the summer if I was coach!!

It would be in big letters where all players could see it!

It is stuff like this that has created great teams!!

Prove to the knockers, that we're not the Dockers!

Footscray and St.Kilda have both won one premiership in the same time?

I think you will find that Footscray joined the league in 1925, as did Hawthorn and North Melbourne.

Richmond joined in 1908.

The rest of the Melbourne clubs were around since inception. (University came and went).

Sure does make my blood boil, what a cheap shot!

There's no need to point out they we ahev won 12 flags and were one of the most dominant sides ever in the 50's

Born Losers? OK. I can feel a "Trevor Grant you were wrong" coming on, but no, that would actually imply that he is someone of significance.

This really pi$$es me off. Particularly because besides Essendon, we are the most successful Victorian finals team in the last ten years (for numbers made). Sure, we haven't had a flag and faltered coming up to the finish line in a number of those years - but what the fu*k has Richmond done in the last 20 years? Doggies with all their talent? Saints with all their talent?

That's it, I'm e-mailing this bastard.

This really pi$$es me off. Particularly because besides Essendon, we are the most successful Victorian finals team in the last ten years (for numbers made). Sure, we haven't had a flag and faltered coming up to the finish line in a number of those years - but what the fu*k has Richmond done in the last 20 years? Doggies with all their talent? Saints with all their talent?

That's it, I'm e-mailing this bastard.

Everyone should email hm and tell him what we think of his stupid article.

It is not so much that he calls us losers that really gets to me but that, as someone said, it appears to be a public consensus that this is true. We were the top vic team last year and Carlton and Richmond have been the losers for the past three or four seasons so who is this jerk to call us losers???!!!!!

I too would put those words up and use them for motivation over the summer and indeed all through the season. Let DB and coaching staff get this team fired up and sock it to all the critics next season and beyond.

What was that saying Checker Hughes came up with that ended up changing us from fuscias to demons??? Something about head up and fight like Demons.... those sort of things should be up all over the gym, the change rooms and the club itself. Everytime we look to lay down and let someone take advantage, or accept something that just shouldnt happen, look up at the walls and let those Demons unleash.

As supporters we may not care what people think of our club, but public perception is very important in such a competitive industry.

It's important for sponsors, membership numbers and media exposure, which means it's important for our cash flow and bank balance.

But then, we probably shouldn't start this argument all over again.

We're seen as a loser, insignificant club, and as passionate supporters we have every right to be [censored] off about it.

well said