Top 3 draft picks are locked away

Yze_Magic

1. Carlton - Mathew Kreuzer

2. Richmind - Trent COtchin

3. West Coast - Cale Morton

So we have the pick of the remaining kids with pick 4

WHo will it be? I am going to go with Brad Ebert, although I must say it is a tough choice (Hendersen, Masten, Palmer etc..)

Lets hope we can trade into the top 10 to give us a second high pick

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHo will it be? I am going to go with Brad Ebert, although I must say it is a tough choice (Hendersen, Masten, Palmer etc..)

If we have the option, and do not draft Rhys Palmer, we deserve to be shot. Go and search for him on youtube, and watch the U18 championships video that comes up. This kid is a gem. I don't care about our need for KPPs. You should ALWAYS take the best player available.

And we need to get into the top 10 again, as you say YM. Hopefully with that pick we could grab a Rance or some such.

I'm with you Yze, my instincts tell me to take a midfielder (now that Doggies may get their key Forward from tankers)that not only has pace Brad Ebert, but that finals intangible of size & strength with hardness. I'd like to trade for @ least one more early pick to go after a Quality power KPP.

NAB - Draft

17/Geelong

16/Port Adelaide

15/West Coast

14/Kangaroos

13/Hawthorn

12/Collingwood

11/Sydney

10/Adelaide

9/St Kilda - TJ for 9 + 3rd rnd pick?

8/Brisbane - ???

7/Fremantle - What would interest them?

6/Essendon - poss' trade Aaron for 6 + a tall kid?

5/W Bulldogs - maybe Fev. 5 to WCE?

4/Melbourne

3/Carlton

2/Richmond

1/Carlton

Im worried about Ebert wanting to go back to SA and masten going back to WA. I guess not all players go back..just look at Belly and Rivers so yeh..im going to go with Palmer.

Palmer is also from WA.

The likely pick 4 contenders appear to be Ebert, Masten, Rance, and Palmer. I suspect it won't be McEvoy. Ebert has our new Port connection, but I'm sure they'll take counsel form CAC and go for best available.

Palmer looks fantastic to me, but admittedly it was only snippets of one game on tv. WJ has concerns regarding his disposal, but his technique looked good. Rance sounds like a 200 game FB, so that also appeals. He's bigger than any FB prospect currently on the list and lord knows we need a great KPB. A key position player at pick 4 is the riskier option and Frawley was picked with this in mind last year.

The thing about Palmer is he has been playing WAFL league footy for 2 years, he could step up and play a lot next year, he kicks goals. Tough call do you go after a Rance or Henderson as the best KPP defender and forwards in the draft or the best avaliable which IMO will be Palmer.

I have had a change of heart and now want Rhys Palmer, slightly ahead of Brad Ebert

Id be happy with either

The thing about Palmer is he has been playing WAFL league footy for 2 years, he could step up and play a lot next year, he kicks goals. Tough call do you go after a Rance or Henderson as the best KPP defender and forwards in the draft or the best avaliable which IMO will be Palmer.

Best available every single time. We learned with Molan that just going for KPPs because they are KPPs is flawed. This is why we need another top 10 pick though. Palmer and Rance would have me humming.

...Rance sounds like a 200 game FB, so that also appeals. He's bigger than any FB prospect currently on the list and lord knows we need a great KPB. A key position player at pick 4 is the riskier option and Frawley was picked with this in mind last year.

Best available every single time. We learned with Molan that just going for KPPs because they are KPPs is flawed. This is why we need another top 10 pick though. Palmer and Rance would have me humming.

good points. if one of the shorts is miles ahead of rance i would take the short every time. but a KPP who is good enough to go in the top 10, or top 5, is a lot rarer than a mid in the same range. i still think you are more likely to pick up a gun short or medium player with a later draft pick than you are a tall. quality talls cost more because they are rare and valuable.

From what I can gather Rance sounds like a Key defender without mention of being able to swing forward to create havoc.

We are currently developing 6'-3"/4" defenders in - / Rivers/ Frawley/ Carroll/ Warnock/ Ferguson/ Garland.

I think what we don't have is someone the size of Ben Holland who is a powerfull build F/wrd who can go back to mind a fast gorilla.

My thinking is that Newton with his mobility & athleticism is the most natural C/HF you could want who has the ability to drop back deep alongside the F/F & fly for the big grab.

In short I'd like a tall power KPP/ a class meat 'n' potatoe strong mid/ a fast leading 6'3" with great hands.

Im worried about Ebert wanting to go back to SA and masten going back to WA. I guess not all players go back..just look at Belly and Rivers so yeh..im going to go with Palmer.

From the Australian

["AS Brett Ebert licks his wounds from Saturday's AFL grand final, another Ebert is set to show his wares on the national stage.

Brad Ebert, Brett's cousin and son of former Port Magpies midfield player Craig, is leading South Australia's charge at the AFL draft camp starting tomorrow.

The highly rated utility, who captained his state at the under-18 national championships in June and July, arrives in Canberra today for three days of rigorous testing.

And it's fair to say, with just five Croweaters invited to the camp, Ebert is the SA tyro creating the most interest among scouts for the 16 AFL clubs.

"He's got that football pedigree for a start, he's part of a wonderful football family," AFL talent manager Kevin Sheehan noted.

"Then you've got the character of the young man, he's captained SA and he's a versatile player for the modern game.

"He can play as an inside ball-winner or he can play as an outside ball-carrier. He's got good skills and he's strong in the air. So he's got lots and lots of qualities the clubs would like - it makes him an appealing prospect."]

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,2...8-23211,00.html

Kernahan didn't, Bradley, / Blight, etc.

Um......there was no AFL in their day. $$$ make a decision easier and that is probably why they stayed in Victoria. The VFL was the premier competition way back then.

I can 99% guarantee you that Cale Morton WILL NOT be at the West Coast Eagles EVER

nor will any other Morton!!!

The Old Man is a pest, they cant wait to get rid of mitch, let alone pass over Cale

Richmond, are very keen on Mitch Morton, and part of the deal getting him may be picking Cale at pick 2...

So if Carlton take Kruezer at Pick 1, Richmond Cale Morton at Pick 2, West Coast have the choice of the Victorian Gun Trent Cotchin, or a home grown boy in Masten/Palmer ect

would the judd situation swing their minds towards the WA boys instead of the Vic, therefore leaving us Trent Cotchin??

optimistic maybe? possiblity yes

The biggest weakness in our side is our defence but the temptation to pick up a gun midfielder will be too great. I'd be happy with one of Cotchin/Ebert/Palmer.

Is there a possibility that Henderson or Rance can slip through to 21?

People were talking up Bellchambers a couple weeks ago, is he a more likely prospect for pick 21?