• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Comings and Goings.

grazman

DELIST : BIZZELL, WARD, BROWN, NEVILLE, GODFREY( must look for someone else he is just stopping another young talent from coming through ), PICKETT, FERGUSON, JAMAR ( P.J has a lot more talent )

Miller will probably be Bailey's project. [censored] off that he played on such a useless player in Bower he would not have got a kick against anyone else.

Warnock and C.J have youth on their side so I would prefer them to just miss the cut but they must do something next year.

I would keep Holland just for his strength you will never know when we need it.

Bode should be promoted.

If we do trade I would be looking at a running half back like Sherman, J.Hunt or Callan for a 3rd or 4th round pick. I don't think we have any suitable players to trade.

In the pre season draft I would go for Sampi if he is as serious as he says he is but he has to train the house down if he can't do that then don't worry about him.

BEST TEAM

B: BELL, CARROLL, WHEATLEY

HB: PETTARD, RIVERS, BARTRAM

C: JOHNSTONE, JONES, GREEN

HF: BATE, NEWTON, BRUCE

F: ROBERTSON, NEITZ, DAVEY

FOLL: WHITE, MCLEAN, MCDONALD

IC: SYLVIA, DUNN, WHELAN, P.JOHNSON

REPLACEMENTS

B: FRAWLEY, WARNOCK, KEY BACK

HB: RUNNING HALFBACK\ SHERMAN, GARLAND, C.JOHNSON

C: BUCKLEY, MOLONEY, BODE

HF: YZE, MILLER, WEETRA

F: KEY FORWARD, HOLLAND, SMALL FORWARD\ SAMPI

FOLL: RUCKMAN, RUNNING MIDFIELDER, HARDNUT MIDFIELDER\ VALENTI

ROOKIES : MIDFIELDER, KEY BACK, KEY FORWARD, RUCKMAN

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Retired:

N.Brown

C.Bizzell

B.Pickett

Delist:

B.Holland

M.Jamar (or P.Johnson but not both)

D.Ward

H.Neville

M.Warnock (if at the end of his contract or Ferguson)

Promote off the rookie list:

J.Bode

S.Neaves

Hayes to have another year as a rookie

That's leaves us with 6 picks, perhaps too many in a shallow draft. Miller, Ferguson, Godfrey and PJ kept for depth and because of a shallow draft.

With the draft I hope we get either Morton or Henderson with our first pick.

Retired:

N.Brown

C.Bizzell

B.Pickett

Delist:

B.Holland

M.Jamar (or P.Johnson but not both)

D.Ward

H.Neville

M.Warnock (if at the end of his contract or Ferguson)

Promote off the rookie list:

J.Bode

S.Neaves

Hayes to have another year as a rookie

That's leaves us with 6 picks, perhaps too many in a shallow draft. Miller, Ferguson, Godfrey and PJ kept for depth and because of a shallow draft.

i agree almost 100% with your thoughts Jarka.

One of Ferguson or Warnock should definitely be delisted bc both are depth. i would peronsally keep Ferguson, however it seems Warnock has 1 year left of a contract, which means i would delist Ferguson instead.

The only other difference for me is that i would keep Holland as depth (he has been one of our best performers this season), and instead put Miller up for trade. I suspect someone will be interested enough to offer a 3rd round pick. if noone offers nething then delist.

Nb: the 6 picks can be broken up into 5 in the national draft and 1 in the PSD (we have pick3 so could get a good uncontracted player). 5 in the national draft sounds more than reasonable and highly necessary.

i reckon Morton 100% if he somehow slips through...i reckon he could easily go pick 1 if kruiser hadnt been so hyped up. If not him, then you couldnt go past Henderson. a 195cm future star who is by far the best key position player in the draft.

We badly need a big bodied CHF or CHB.

i see Bate, Dunn as more versatile, hard-leading half-forward flankers and Newton as a future FullForward (therefore CHF still open). i see Rivers as a 3rd tall backman and Frawley also as a tall half back flanker. i hope he can develop into a strong CHF but at this stage we can still only a hope.

i quality kep position player would be awesome, and wouldnt it be amazing if we found the answer to our problems after so many failed picks (Molan, Lamb, Smith, Miller, Aaron Rogers...)

I would expect that with PSD pick no 3 there is a good chance we will pull at least one player from there. Not sure who at this point.

Just thinking about the new spots on the list and wondering what people think of the sandy players as rookies/mature age rookies. I was very impressed by Stefan Martin when on the ABC v Coburg. He seemed to have more mobility than Neaves. I have also heard other speak highly of Valenti. Perhaps they would suit a teaching/Developmental coach. Any thoughts?

Guest unstable punt
warnock,jamar,neville, ferguson

I reckon Ferguson will be given another year, injuries have held him back and he's started to show something over the last few weeks, Ward will go

Guest unstable punt
3 trades I would be happy with:

Trade 1

Bruce and White to St.Kilda

St.Kilda first pick to Brisbane

Charman to Melbourne

Trade 2

Johnstone and Jamar to Port Adelaide

One of Carlile/Chaplin/Pettigrew and Port Adelaide 2nd pick to Melbourne

Trade 3

Chris Johnson to West Coast

Sampi to Melbourne

The first trade delivers us an effective ruckman. The second trade a much needed CHB and the third trade could be considered a risk but if Sampi decides he wants to play (which he has indicated) chances are it won't be at West Coast. Could be a handy addition to our forward line.

you have got to be kidding, Sampi? Carlile? Chaplin? Pettigrew? jeebus!!!!!!!

Rhino,

Fine not many people have said they want to get rid of PJ, but still getting rid of Jamar will leave us very exposed in the ruck...yes?

I am not a fan of Jamar, but it's the team we have to think about, is PJ up to the task of being a second ruckman?

From my perspective:

ALREADY GONE:

Bizzell, Brown and Pickett

GOING:

Neville (can't even really crack Sandy seniors after 2 years)

Ward (not going to rehash the arguments

Ferguson (Not big/strong enough for a key defender, not mobile enough for a running defender and too many ahead of him in the forward half)

one of Warnock and Holland (I would lean towards getting rid of Holland mostly due to age and despite being very serviceable when called upon, just no point in keeping him rather than seeing whether a year to develop Warnock would be of use)

TRADE:

one of Jamar and Miller for a draft pick(probably Jamar if there are offers simply because ruckmen, even those of limited ability, historically have gone above their objective value - see Jolly, Brooks, Everitt)

PROMOTE:

Bode (has shown enough IMO in the last month)

Neaves (if Jamar is traded otherwise probably rookie for 3rd year)

DRAFT:

5 in National Draft, 1 in PSD

Rhino,

Fine not many people have said they want to get rid of PJ, but still getting rid of Jamar will leave us very exposed in the ruck...yes?

I am not a fan of Jamar, but it's the team we have to think about, is PJ up to the task of being a second ruckman?

No.

Jamar gives us nothing at AFL level and just does not get his hands on the ball during the game. As demonstrated on Sunday, his thinking is unsound in the rare instances he gets the bill.

PJ gives us more than Jamar in the overall context.

Nevertheless MFC need to look at rucking solution beyond White. IMO opinion its not PJ and it certainly not Jamar. From what I have seen of Neaves I am not so sure he is the answer either.

Despite these issues, there is no value holding onto deadwood that consistently fails to do the job. Jamar is deadwood. If we can trade him. Fine. Otherwise I would cut him.

at least with PJ we see an improvement over the course of the season. at the start of the year he couldnt mark the ball, he has worked on that. he is also using his body better. his ruckwork isnt terrible and around the ground he runs hard and chases like a little man, and is decent below the knees.

none of that could be said for jamar except that after how many years, he still doesnt have it.

WE MUST LOOK TO TRADE WHITE NO LONGER A CENTRE BOUNCE RUCKMAN ALSO MENTALLY WEAK LOST THE ABILITY TO DOMINATE

MILLER STILL CANNOT MAKE A DECISION TAKE A PACK MARK AND HAS LIMITED ABILITY SHOWN NO IMPROVEMENT

CHRIS JOHNSON HAS NOT IMPROVED BUT EARLIER THIS SEASON WAS GREAT NEEDS A NEW CLUB

DELIST WARNOCK WARD HOLLAND

TRADE WHITE TO COLLINGWOOD FOR EGAN AND SEACOND ROUND DRAFT PICK THEY NEED FOR SOMEONE TO HELP FRASER .

TRADE MILLER TO BRISBANE FOR ANY PROMISING HOMESICK VICTORIAN

TRADE CHRIS JOHNSON TO WEST COAST TAINTERS FOR JAMIE GRAHAM WHO WANTS OUT HE IS A STRONG CHB FAST & SKILFUL

PROMOTE NEAVES I UNDERSTAND BAILEY IS GETTING A FULL TIME RUCK COACH ALSO A DEVELOPMENT COACH THAT WILL FAST

TRACK A NUMBER OF PLAYERS SIMILAR TO WHAT COLLINGWOOD HAS DONE.

No. We have Jones and McLean, and what do we offer as trade?

You can use more than 2 midfielders mate.

All the best teams have numerous.

Id be open to looking at a pick 21, Travis Johnstone-Cameron Bruce, Mark Jamar.

For Ryan Murphy and Paul Haselby.

You can use more than 2 midfielders mate.

All the best teams have numerous.

Id be open to looking at a pick 21, Travis Johnstone-Cameron Bruce, Mark Jamar.

For Ryan Murphy and Paul Haselby.

So you want to trade 2 outside mids and a ruckman for a slow in-and-under mid and a ff? Jones, McLean and possibly Bartram already fit the Haselby mould, and we already have Neitz, Robertson and Newton as potential full forwards.

Guest The Tiger Of Old
So you want to trade 2 outside mids and a ruckman for a slow in-and-under mid and a ff? Jones, McLean and possibly Bartram already fit the Haselby mould, and we already have Neitz, Robertson and Newton as potential full forwards.

I wouldn't get rid of Bruce or Johnstone but yeah, Murphy would be good assist to Melbourne.

I'd be thinking of trading Robertson & pick 21 for Murphy.

I wouldn't get rid of Bruce or Johnstone but yeah, Murphy would be good assist to Melbourne.

I'd be thinking of trading Robertson & pick 21 for Murphy.

Why?

As far as I can see he's drastically underperformed at Fremantle in the four years he's been on their list and has gone backwards this year.

Wouldn't give up Robbo or pick 21 for him let alone both.