Daniel Wells to the Demons

Yze_Magic

We need leg speed and some overall magic in our midfield

I believe we have enquired about Daniel Wells in previous trade periods, and I also believe that Wells would love to play with his mate Aaron Davey at the MFC

I get the feeling Wells doesnt like playing under Laidley or at the Kangaroos. He needs a fresh start to reach his massive potential

Here are a coupe of trades I would do to get Daniel Wells to the MFC (these draft picks assuming we lose this week and the Kangas finish fourth) -

My preferred trade

Cameron Bruce, pick 18 and pick 20

to the Kangaroos for

Daniel Wells and pick 13

This lands us Wells, and we still have picks 2 and 13 in the draft

Another possible trade

Pick 2

to the Kangaroos

for Daniel Wells and pick 13

We get Wells and have picks 13, 18 and 20 in the draft.

Your thoughts?

My preferred trade

Cameron Bruce, pick 18 and pick 20

to the Kangaroos for

Daniel Wells and pick 13

This lands us Wells, and we still have picks 2 and 13 in the draft

Aren't we presuming a little much here i.e. that we lose to Carlton and retain the picks. There are bookies out there who are willing to risk serious money against this eventuality.

Getting Wells would make Azza play so much better .......

Why do people make those stereotyped generalisation involving Aboriginal players?

It clearly is no more the case with them than with non Aboriginal players.

Having Pickett, Whelan and Davey in the same club has had no discernible positive impact on the individual form of any of them this year.

Its a falsehood that keeps being trotted out.

Why do people make those stereotyped generalisation involving Aboriginal players?

It clearly is no more the case with them than with non Aboriginal players.

Having Pickett, Whelan and Davey in the same club has had no discernible positive impact on the individual form of any of them this year.

Its a falsehood that keeps being trotted out.

Nothing to do with it, perhaps it's the fact that they are best mates? I can say from experience, even though it's only local footy, I play better in a team with close mates in it...

This is yesterday's speculation.If it was going to happen it would've been last year, when he was coming out of contract. He's re-signed with the Roos for three years and has expressed his happiness there.

If that happens I'll look your toes Yze Magic.

You're overrating Bruce. I don't think they'll give up both Wells and pick 13 for him, even if they get 18 and 20 out of it. I'd say Bruce and pick 18 straight for Wells would do it, and we'd be complete idiots to do that trade. Won't happen. Good thought though.

Give em Moloney and Sylvia.

Ummmm no way.....

Wells is so far overated and i know he hasnt shown it yet but Col Sylvia will be a star and in 5 years will be our most damaging player and a superstar... The bloke has something that only a very selected few have like Riccuito and Bucks.. Im talking about class.....

I wouldnt give up on Moloney, he too will develop into a tough solid long kicking player once he becomes injury free..

Give em Moloney and Sylvia.

Great deal for the Kangas.

They give up a player who fit AFL Standard and who could be something very special and they get a player who has missed two years of footy with OP and is still in trouble and another player who has been nursed through OP for the past three years and may have a few out of hours problem.

They should take it! :rolleyes:

Ummmm no way.....

Wells is so far overated and i know he hasnt shown it yet but Col Sylvia will be a star and in 5 years will be our most damaging player and a superstar... The bloke has something that only a very selected few have like Riccuito and Bucks.. Im talking about class.....

I wouldnt give up on Moloney, he too will develop into a tough solid long kicking player once he becomes injury free..

Sylvia has been on our list for 4 years and will be damaging in 5 years. 9 years is a long long time for a midsize player to deliver. That's not class..its unfulfilled potential and under achiever. ....Another TJ on our hands.

When is Moloney going to be injury free? Clock is ticking on his career and he has missed 2 years already.

I'd definitely take Wells as he is a known entity and would slot in nicely with his pace... But I simply do not think it would be worth trading him for what we'd have to give up. In reality we'd probably have to lose a good player like Bruce, Robbo or someone who could hurt us in the future like Dunn or Bell... and on top of that player I reckon we'd have to lose our pick 1-4...

The redeeming factor here is that this is a shallow draft. If we were to take risks trading picks, this year would be the year to do it...

Great deal for the Kangas.

They give up a player who fit AFL Standard and who could be something very special and they get a player who has missed two years of footy with OP and is still in trouble and another player who has been nursed through OP for the past three years and may have a few out of hours problem.

They should take it! :rolleyes:

And we get an injury-prone underachiever in return.

The Roos would look seriously at this trade if we offered Sylvia and maybe a second round pick.

I'd rather Sylvia than Wells. I know he's extremely talented, but he is inconsistent, he is an outsider, and he's often injured. We've got plenty of those already.

And we get an injury-prone underachiever in return.

The Roos would look seriously at this trade if we offered Sylvia and maybe a second round pick.

I'd rather Sylvia than Wells. I know he's extremely talented, but he is inconsistent, he is an outsider, and he's often injured. We've got plenty of those already.

Arent they swapping one injury-prone underachiever for another?