INs and OUTs vs. bombers

Madness

Stanton will need to be tagged if he plays, but we can always use Jmac as a tagger, who really cares though, I just wanna see what some of these kids can do...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dropping Frawley is madness...

Some would argue yes, others like me would argue ...

there is a good case for both keeping and dropping frawley here. i think the thing he needs most is game time. if he is going to be 4th in line behind carrol, holland and bizzel (and perhaps 5th behind wheatley) there is no point in keeping him at mfc if he is going to not get a real go. i would rather him then play a full game at FF or CHF for sandy for practice and experience. if however we are going to drop one of holland or bizz (holland atm) and frawley plays as a kpb then im all for keeping him in the mfc lineup to learn that way.

bruce vs hird, cammy usually wins too

junior can play on stanton, at least he can kick the ball near a melbourne player

OUT: Yze, Godfrey, Holland (No job i dont think) Ward and Bizzell

IN: Dunn, Newton, Buckley CJ and Whelan

Whelan Carroll Frawley

CJ Bell(vs Lucas - more on that later) Bruce(vs Hird)

Green Jones Sylvia

Dunn Bate Pickett

Davey Robbo Newton

White Junior McLean

PJ CJ Buckley Petterd

Remember Hawthorn vs Essendon, when Buddy kicked 9??

if you had a look at the other end, there was a kid named Campbell Brown giving Scott Lucas an absolute bath!!! He was too quick for him at ground level, and on the lead, so he was able to spoil, and he was able to run off him constantly

Daniel Bell... Quick, hard at it, great spoiler, good(ish) on the rebound

theres your match up, build him into a running tall defender, have someone zoning off for some contests going 3rd man up

sylvia, dunn green and byron (also has a job to do on dustin fletcher, preferably before the siren so he doesnt even get a kick :D) can play across the middle of the ground, getting the defence rebounds and pumping it long

bate starts about 30m out, so his leads around the 50, where he can kick them all night long

davey at the top of the square, and robbo can teach newton somethings about leading and blocking and pack marks

Junior takes stanton, brock and jonesy just go full on to push the ball forward at all opportunities

CJ and Buckley and Petterd can rotate anywhere from the small defenders, to the midfield, or the high flankers, and PJ can ruck, even going forward to create a mismatch

B: BELL, CARROLL, WARNOCK

HB: SYLVIA, MILLER, FRAWLEY

C: JOHNSTONE, MCLEAN, DAVEY

HF: GREEN, BATE, PETTARD

F: ROBERTSON, NEITZ, NEWTON

FOLL: WHITE, BRUCE, MCDONALD

IC: JONES, C.JOHNSON, WHEATLEY, P.JOHNSON

EMERG: DUNN, BUCKLEY, GARLAND

It's time for the team to have a new approach. They must stop playing our fringe 30 year olds they should tell them that there time is up and that they will not be playing next year and that you will only get a game if you are on absolute fire at Sandy. As long as we have Ward, Holland, Pickett, Bizzell and Yze etc. we will go nowhere we need to look at the future and the future is now the kids must be a priority we must find who can hack it and who can't. I would rather see us lose by 100 points with a heap of young kids than lose by 10 goals to the bottom team on the ladder with a bunch of hacks.

Why can't Daniher try and do something that he has never done in his life like reinvent a player ? Sylvia would be perfect he is not fit enough and too injury prone to play in the middle he is too similar to Robertson to make it as a forward. It's doubtful that we can have 1 Robbo in the side let alone 2. Give him a different role and play him off half back because the way he is going he is not far from being at the crossroads. His career so far for a player who had such a huge reputation has been pathetic.

Let's think about next year

Whelan Miller Frawley

Bell Rivers (Bizzell this week) Green

Johnson Sylvia Johnson (if fit)

Robertson Bte Bruce

Davey Neitz Newton

Johnson McLean Jones

Int - Buckley, Pettered, Wheatly, Neaves

White should be traded - unfortunately no longer an influence on the game

White should be traded - unfortunately no longer an influence on the game

You are a twit. Did you watch last week? White was our only winner on the night. He is a terrific ruckman (his 2007 hitouts will attest to that) and acts around the ground like another midfielder. Would you rather Jamar in the side? Be realistic.

I was there - and watched - he had no influence on the game, and hasn't done so for a long time - he was playing against a side with no noted ruckman, and picked up easy kicks. He is no longer a game influencer.

Go support someone else. Its fair weather peaheart supporters like you who make me the most angry. The team has a poor match and you bag every player. You watch, we'll have a win later this year and you'll be praising the efforts of Whitey and the rest of the team.

On review, I apologise for my anger towards yourself, but I am sick and tired of the constant berating of players after a loss.

My prediction:

Probably Yze out for Neitz, Petterd out for Miller/Dunn (for disciplinary reasons). I reckon Daniher will make an impassioned plea to the team to lift after that crap that was served up last friday and turn to his disciples to deliver an emphatic message to the footballing world that Melbourne aren't pushovers.

We'll probably scrape through for a miraculous victory against all odds and everyone will wake up to the Groundhog day scenario that has been Melbourne's lot during ND's tenure. Up and down, yo-yo, odd-year even-year, get on a roll get on a slump, we all know the drill.

My prediction:

Probably Yze out for Neitz, Petterd out for Miller/Dunn (for disciplinary reasons). I reckon Daniher will make an impassioned plea to the team to lift after that crap that was served up last friday and turn to his disciples to deliver an emphatic message to the footballing world that Melbourne aren't pushovers.

If they drop Petterd, I will make an impassioned plea to try and talk myself out of torching the place.

And no doubt we'll win, it's typical of Melbourne.

We'll win, the papers will say Daniher should say, the club will probably buy it, and in 2017 we'll all still be here wondering what happened...

If they drop Petterd, I will make an impassioned plea to try and talk myself out of torching the place.

We'll win, the papers will say Daniher should say, the club will probably buy it, and in 2017 we'll all still be here wondering what happened...

BIG RED SIGNING IN:

As much as we would like wholesale changes with Sandy playing on Sunday they will limit changes for the 5 day turnaround.

In: Newton, Whelan

Out: Holland (No match up), Yze

I'll light your torch and then give you a shove ;)

BIG RED SIGNING IN:

As much as we would like wholesale changes with Sandy playing on Sunday they will limit changes for the 5 day turnaround.

In: Newton, Whelan

Out: Holland (No match up), Yze

That's an interesting post Red, I was under the impression that you thought Newton was mentally weak, surely if that's true then this weak would be the last game he should play in.

That's an interesting post Red, I was under the impression that you thought Newton was mentally weak, surely if that's true then this weak would be the last game he should play in.

Jarka, go back and re-read the debate we had and if you have an ounce of intelligence you may comprehend what I was stating. I can't recall stating him as mentally weak at any point I believe that was your interpretation. All I did was provide an position for consideration as to why some things aside from what you see on the park may be considered when promoting someone.