Best and Worst Reactions.....Ever!

trumperdero_21

On my long, and cold, drive into work this morning I got to thinking about peoples reactions to football results/efforts both in game, and after. Therefore I present my greatest memories, and lowest moments. I hope the members here have similar memories they would like to share (get off their chest)

One of my favorite memories is the Look on Neil Balme's face when Jeff Farmer tried to play on and handball to Garry Lyon in the goal square. It was classic gold. In fact, I have many memories of poor old Neil's face brought on by many an insipid performance in the mid 90's (particulary 97)

I get great pleasure in watching Mick Malthouse react in the box, I am just waiting for his cranium to burst. If there is an issue in the world that Mick Malthouse doesn't have an opinion on, then it's obviously not been mentioned to him yet. Tool. But much entertaining when his Moustache is bristling, and his face is tomato red.

Personally, my stupidist moment came when I managed to break a windscreen in someone else's car by kicking it whilst listening to Melbourne let Carlton back into a game at OO back in the early 2000's. We won anyway, but I was up for $200 to get the screen replaced. I still remember sheepishly turning to the owner of the vehicle and saying "that wasn't real smart was it?"

I have also broken a bone in my hand when I jumped up and punched the roof in my house one night. This was a result of the umpires giving a free to Luke Darcy against Jim Stynes on the edge of the goal square back in 98 or something close to that. Many objects have been hit, kicked and thrown over the years.

And the players whose antics have most amused me over the years would have to be Allen Jakovich and Matthew Richardson. Ah, the Benny Hill music starts playing in my head whenever Richo goes near the ball.

I didn't do it but I can remember Melbourne fans burning scarves and membership tickets in 1992 against Essendon after we were 8 goals up in the last quarter and somehow lost the game.

After the second Carlton game last year, I refused to talk to anyone until the next morning. I've never hurted so much after a game than that one.

I remember going ballistic at the umpires during a game against Hawthorn back in 2005.

Saw spider Everitt grinding his forearm into the next of Simon Godfrey (who was lying on his back on the ground at the time), next thing you know we're being pinged for rough play.

It had been like that all game and I'd just had enough of it.

Another one was a low-key reaction at the time but has stuck with me for a very long time.

The elimnation final against essendon a few years ago, it's still relatively close in the last quarter, Lloyd gets a fairly soft but technically correct free kick against Alistair Nicholson, in the goal square. Goal.

Then there's a bit of you're standard push and shove as Lloyd has a gloat. Nicholson gets sucked in, makes a little push (definately, undoubtedly to the chest of Lloyd, and definately undoubtedly not a heavy push).

Llyod dives.

Blatant.

Comical.

He even clutched at his forehead in 'pain'.

The umpire awards a free kick in the goal square.

Essendon evetually win by a goal.

Despite all his talent, his phenomenal kicking skills. Llyod is to me a criminal of the game.

He sould've been fined for bringing the game, and umpiring, into disrepute.

i would have liked to be a fly on the wall in the uruguay-ian change rooms after they lost the game, and their 'divine right' to be in the world cup ;)

Adelaide - during and after losing the A-League grand final last year :lol:

Collingwood fans - anytime

I broke my hand when Didak kicked that goal to beat Port Adelaide last year. I hate Collingwood so much, I stood up and punched the chair I was on... Hairline fracture!

I remember, Round 4 '99 (i think??) at the 'G, when we got up by 1 point from a rushed behind thanks to a Robbo hitout thru the goals from a boundary throw-in in the forward pocket in the 30-something'th minute against the Hawks, my Hawthorn supporter mate cracked it so bad when the siren went a few seconds later, he kicked the concrete barrier next to us so hard and broke 3 and dislocated one of his toes on his right foot!

We still give him grief about it today!

Guest redandbluethruandthru

i remember this [censored] friend of mine (who is also a Demon fan) and a couple of my other mates (1 carlton,1 doggy supporter) going interstate (we are from Tassie ) to see Dees v Collingwood and Carlton v Cats games. I was being totally awesome you know pulling chicks out on the town and all other sorts of wickedly awesome stuff. This tool of a friend blew his load when neita took a screamer of a diving mark right in front of where we were seated. Yeah ok it was an amazing mark but geez Brent you ruined my scarf!!!!!

OI have also broken a bone in my hand when I jumped up and punched the roof in my house one night. This was a result of the umpires giving a free to Luke Darcy against Jim Stynes on the edge of the goal square back in 98 or something close to that. Many objects have been hit, kicked and thrown over the years.

I remember that one clearly and it was at a time when we hadn't beaten the Dogs for abouth 5 or 6 straight so I probably went home and kicked the cat that night.

One of my best and worst personal reactions was a physical altercation with a Hawks fan who broke past a bunch of Melbourne supporters standing next to the players race in the old Olympic Stand after a close loss. This bloke reached over the fence and started waving one of those big inflatable fingers at our blokes. Without even thinking myself and the bloke next to me (who I didn't know) grabbed the bloke and threw him back at which point he started apologising profusely. It was probably the point where I realised I wouldn't put up with any more crap from opposition supporters and therefore haven't since though I try to avoid getting physical. ;)

I am learning to hate hearing Ross Lyons reaction to any match. As the coach of an AFL team you think the bloke would have some ability to engage people but he puts me to sleep.

On the other hand I loved Gary Ayres two fingered salute to the Geelong supporters a few years back.

Reaction of Carlton players, supporters, coaching staff and John Elliot when they lost the 2000 qualifying final to Melbourne.

B)

How about the reaction of the pub on Plenty Road who had spent money painting a "essendon vs. carlton" football banner with pictures of players on their window during that finals series? :D

When i came down to the Melbourne V Port Adeliade this year i remeber being so angry that if any melbourne fan was smiling and not crying or abusing people i accused them of not being melbourne fans!

How about the reaction of the pub on Plenty Road who had spent money painting a "essendon vs. carlton" football banner with pictures of players on their window during that finals series? :D

Not sure if this is true, but legend has it that when Melbourne won their first premiership in 1900, Fitzroy were such raging hot favourites that they had already had a carriage painted in club colours with "Fitzroy - Premiers 1900" written on it!

Not sure if this is true, but legend has it that when Melbourne won their first premiership in 1900, Fitzroy were such raging hot favourites that they had already had a carriage painted in club colours with "Fitzroy - Premiers 1900" written on it!

Apparently that is true according to a book i read bout this history of the clubs.

In addition they were going to use the bus and drive around the streets of melbourne if they won, probably play their team song (if they had one at that time)

That would have been anoying and im glad we won