• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

What were people's highlights

dees189227

Here are some of mine.

Robbo's 7 goals. Great to see him back.

Matty Bate marking everything and kicking that beautiful goal from outside 50

Godders goal. Garry Lyon said at the time you know melbourne are in for a good day when Godders can kick a goal on his right foot

Holland towelling up Rocca

Neitz demanding to come on in the last quarter. What a leader. Did a few nice leads in the 4th term

Brock. I just love him

Bizzell- I love his run off the back line

wheatley. i do like him and his long kicks are awesome. I feel more confident when he does the kick ins.

Walking past the pies supporters after them game with the great satisfaction we beat them. and laghing at Joffa's tea cosy he had on his head when I watched the replay later on.

I'm sure there are many more I've missed.

Aside from everything you've mentioned...

Sylvia's slight fake then quick turn and burst of speed on the southern stand wing that led to Bate's goal from 50.

That and his complete disregard for Danny Stanley I think it was in the last quarter when he literally lifted him clean off the ground to shrug him free and move the ball forward.

Guest redandbluethruandthru

Brocky slamming the ball into the chair during the last quarter. Sure it cost us a goal but his fire and passion are fantastico. Robbo was just arousing and the big 2 ruckmen were great IN TANDEM worked great as a pair.

Sylvia's slight fake then quick turn and burst of speed on the southern stand wing that led to Bate's goal from 50.

That was absolute gold

Thge Kid is the total package, inlcuding the speed

Yep, that was my favourite moment too.

Also Robbo running past the members after the siren and grabbing his jumper with such passion. I think we forget sometimes just how much he bleeds for our club.

especially loved Jones attack to barge straight through 3 of the Filth..with absolute contempt and glee.. its just beautiful to watch. Why go over or around a wall when you can go through !! :-)))) and yo ca tell..he just loves doing it !! RG would be proud !!

Here are some of mine.

Matty Bate marking everything and kicking that beautiful goal from outside 50

ummm why couldnt he kick the first GOAL I HAD 5$ on him payin a lazy 17$

especially loved Jones attack to barge straight through 3 of the Filth..with absolute contempt and glee.. its just beautiful to watch. Why go over or around a wall when you can go through !! :-)))) and yo ca tell..he just loves doing it !! RG would be proud !!

Jones really excites me those turns he does out of trouble are awesome.... wish he could goal more tho...

many a team lifting goals to come in his carreer..

also sylvias pace.... not only when he had the ball but he did chase hard which is good to see with all his injury problems of late

oh and one more thing... when he threw that tackler off in the last quarter like he was nothing more than a little boy

And what about Robbo marking strongly and doing a half turn that put Ms. Thomas on her arse.

There is something about that kid that infuriates me. Maybe it's the hair, maybe it's the attitude, maybe it's the jumper... but seeing Robbo knock him over in such a sly way, was gold.

Also loved TJ in the three quarter time huddle giving the boys instructions. It was good to see that despite him not being able to play, he was still contributing. He could make a good assistant coach one day, if he gets his head out of the clouds.

God it's good to beat the Pies!!!

That and his complete disregard for Danny Stanley I think it was in the last quarter when he literally lifted him clean off the ground to shrug him free and move the ball forward.

Agree that was gold, Sylvanator showing some real strength in recent weeks.

Jones pick up and spin was magnificent

Brad Greens marks floating across the pack in the last qtr, top class

Matty Bate's sticky fingers

Daniel Bell's tackle on Leon Davis in the last qtr when he was looking to snap a goal in traffic

Neita making Andy maher look like a tool by coming on to play the last quarter 15 minutes after he said the bench was deflated and resigned to the fact they had lost their skipper.

Seeing Guys improving, wets the appetite of the Future ahead eg Bate, Jones, Brock , P Johnston, Sylvia.

Loved Greens Mark in last quarter when the pressure was on in defence.

Sylvia throwing Danny Stanley over the boundary then setting up Robbo's controversial goal.

Whilst Beamer is out Col is my new favourite player, great to see he play yet another good game, when his OP is gone he will dominate in the middle.

reminds me of the former blonde bombshell we had terrorising the opposition

big carl

Yep, Sylvia's strength throwing off his tackler was a special moment. Made me sit up and think 'Hello, we've got a goer here'.

But when that was followed moments later by Mclean bursting out of the centre, looking invincible and unstoppable, that was when a deeper satisfaction set in.

It put a line under the message I'd been getting from the game all day - we've got stars, real stars, and we're going to get to watch their whole careers.

Agree that was gold, Sylvanator showing some real strength in recent weeks.

Jones pick up and spin was magnificent

Brad Greens marks floating across the pack in the last qtr, top class

Matty Bate's sticky fingers

Daniel Bell's tackle on Leon Davis in the last qtr when he was looking to snap a goal in traffic

Neita making Andy maher look like a tool by coming on to play the last quarter 15 minutes after he said the bench was deflated and resigned to the fact they had lost their skipper.

Making Radar look like a tool is not difficult - he doesn't need any help really

I went to yesterdays game, my first game since the Geelong elimination final loss in 2005. I had a feeling they would come through and it was fantastic. Great crowd, great effort by Melbourne and great to beat the pies. Robbo was fantastic, he is such a team lifter, Paul Johnson impressed me, apart from his shooting for goal. Bate was awesome, Jones really gets in and under, the backline are looking much better, kick-ins were exciting to watch (instead of nerve racking !) setting up attacks.

I have to admit I thought the Pies were given a few raw umpiring decisions with the hands in the back but we were stiff with a couple of 50 metre penalites which cost us goals.

I saw plenty of room for improvement for the Dee's and if we do keep improving as we have the last couple of weeks we could be in for an exciting last half of the season. We did 11/12 last year, can we dare to dream we are not out of this years race yet?