Brad Miller boots 6 for Sandringham!

melbournefc

LOL, hilarious thread

Y_M, I will personally ban you if you don't give up the anti-Miller crusade.

It is becoming very disrespectful and completely unnecessary.

You don't have to love everyone who plays for this club, but you damn well better show a bit of respect.

He made it onto an AFL list, and has played some very good senior football.... what the hell have you done?

We get your position, and guess what, we still don't care. Move on, or I will make you.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you that Miller certainly played well- 6 goals is a great achievment. But i would like him to knock on the door and say 'select me' by playing a few games for sandy. Then we will know how badly he wants to get back into the team

But good work nonetherless, but keep it up

You don't have to love everyone who plays for this club, but you damn well better show a bit of respect.

Y_M, please don't make me email you again.

Y_M, I will personally ban you if you don't give up the anti-Miller crusade.

He made it onto an AFL list, and has played some very good senior football.... what the hell have you done?

We get your position, and guess what, we still don't care. Move on, or I will make you.

good stuff jaded, i dont how someone could hate a player that much, its uncalled for

I don't see what he offers us on top of Bate and Sylvia. He only takes marks on the lead, which Bate and Sylvia can both do. They are better kicks and smarter footballers.

Therein lies the contrast.

Bate's pack mark on Monday in the first 20 seconds, plus lots of other efforts, and what he does with the ball (this also goes for Sylvia) demonstrated just what Brad Miller lacks, and always will lack. These others have passed him by well and truly.

RR's defensive try out is the only option left if Miller is to be an on-going part of the first 22. (But who do you drop?)

miller hasnt a clue as to how to play FF at AFL level..its just a reality. Why do people persist it pushinghtis argument when he has never shown any adeptness at the sharp end. At best he's a link man, but he goes left when he should go right. His hearts in the right place...he does try, but trying aint good enough at this level...DOING is !!

Miller plays a good game for Sandy - so what? We've seen a couple of other players do that this year and on more than one occasion but they're not given a game so why should it be any different for Miller? We've also hd many players who have done pretty well at VFL but just aren't up to it at AFL, and so far Miller has demonstrated these qualities. Having said that i wouldn't delist him at the end of the year because there are others who deserve to go before him.

I'd definitely keep him after this year but he needs to play a few more matches like this at Sandy before I'd even considering putting him back in the team.

There may be a spot when Sylvia gets fully fit (Hopefully it will happen one day) because Col will push into the midfield and I'm still not sold on Bate as a permanent CHF, but Miller needs sustained form to get back in, when you consider Newton has been very good in the VFL and still hasn't got a game.

delist him ? No

trade him...for sure

miller is a great UNCONTESTED MARK player who CAN kick LONG and STRAIGHT.

with all due respect id be worried if any player was a poor uncontested mark. and his kicking for goal is woeful (in 84 games he has kicked 31 goals 23 behinds (57% accuracy, well down on the league average)), he struggles to kick over 40 metres. .

I am at a loss how people can claim that Miller wont make as defender but should be persevered with in a KPF role. Scoop Junior summed him perfectly. If and if he is going to make it...it will be up back.

I cant work out why he would be better at FF when he cant get a contested touch inside F50. :blink:

If he is not to make it in the forward....

i agree with YM never play again...

I thought u were smarter than that RR

he is not a backmen ... and never will be it has taken him long enough to develop as a forward.....

he will frustrate people ever more if we play him down back...

BAD IDEA rethink this please

The fact that you have aligned yourself with YM, really undermines your capacity to challenge how smart others are.

Its simple BB. It requires greater skill to play KPF and create the play than it necessarily does to play KPB.

IMO Miller clearly does not have the skill set required to play KPF. His only hope is to make it in AFL is as a KPB. His endeavour, athleticism and his capacity to play body on body offers some glimmer of hope to making it down back. Your basis for writing him off as a backman based on his performance up forward is flawed.

The fact that you have align yourself with YM, really undermines your capacity to challenge how smart others are.

Its simple BB. It requires greater skill to play KPF and create the play than it necessarily does to play KPB.

Miller clearly does not have the skill set required to KPF. His only hope is to make it in AFL as KPB. His endeavour athleticism and his capacity to play body on body offers some glimmer of hope to make it down back. Your basis for writing him off as a backman based on his performance up forward is flawed.

So ... backmen have less skilll...

that is SUCH A generalised statement....

WAT happens when miller finds him self with the balll n the back line

and we all know how hesitant he gets in the forward...

Hesitate ,,, hesitate... hesitate....

play on .... turnover goal.....

DRAGGED, more unhappy demons more unhappy demonlanders...

if u want him to take this path...

i can guarntee u this is wat will happen eventually 50% of the time....

let him develop up forward.... no results too be traded at the end of 2008

It requires greater skill to play KPF and create the play than it necessarily does to play KPB.

im not so sure about that rhino. playing up forward you can afford to be selfish. you are trying to get the ball, and if not, get it through the posts. defenders need to be watching the ball, their man, and other men.

i think a natural ability to defend is less common than the ability to attack, and if he misses it their is less pressure that if he stuffs up and lets through a goal...

If he is not to make it in the forward....

i agree with YM never play again...

Dony say that mate, you might gat BANNED

haha what a joke. What kind of place has this become where you cant have an opinion on a player?

Pathetic

The fact that you have aligned yourself with YM, really undermines your capacity to challenge how smart others are.

You keep telling yourself that, big fella

Dony say that mate, you might gat BANNED

haha what a joke. What kind of place has this become where you cant have an opinion on a player?

Pathetic

It's not what you say, but how you say it, and how many times.

Show some respect for a Melbourne listed player, otherwise you know where the door is!

good stuff jaded, i dont how someone could hate a player that much, its uncalled for

Dont suck up top the moderators, it is lame

And why would you think I hate Miller?

Wow, it's so unbelievably sad that it doesn't surprise me that there are people in here that cannot just be happy that he played well.......

He played well at the beginning of this season and then fell away. I don't think it should be looked on as criminal that he is trying to find that form again.

And honestly why would we have to be critical? Please don't answer that, I know how popular beating him up is.

And I agree with BB that maybe he is a late bloomer. It is not unheard of, just not tolerated by us who always expect immediate results.

Someone on another thread said that this result was the worst thing to happen to Melbourne, but god almighty, if a player, even the ever criticised and abused and insanely, irrationally disliked Brad Miller, finding some form is a bad thing then what a pathetic state of affairs we have.

The two wins have been great, and I don't think that on one performance (no matter how good) he should be re-instated into the side (baring an injury) but at the very least it should keep the forwards who are in similar positions on their toes and that should never be regarded as a bad thing.

So maybe we can just be happy that one of our players to find some form, form that could be beneficial to the side at some point in the future.

And maybe we can please grow up, and try not to have the audacity to beat him up for it.

But I do realise how difficult that will be for some of the jokers around here.

Well said. I agree totally. Look at Godfrey he hasnt exactly been a star over the years but he is a valauble member and contributes and seems to have found some terrific form this year. Everyone needs to have a little faith and shut the hell up about Miller I have had enough of it

Well said. I agree totally. Look at Godfrey he hasnt exactly been a star over the years but he is a valauble member and contributes and seems to have found some terrific form this year. Everyone needs to have a little faith and shut the hell up about Miller I have had enough of it

What annoys me about the situation is that I've seen a fair amount of other players who imhom have more talent than Miller but hasn't had the same opportunites he has had. I know this isn't his fault, but I also believe that he isn't the type of player capable of leading us to a GF victory. If he is going to be given yet another chance then I'd like to see something a bit different, for example play him on the wing, we all know he has a great tank and loves to run through people to give him the space to do it.

If he is going to be given yet another chance then I'd like to see something a bit different, for example play him on the wing, we all know he has a great tank and loves to run through people to give him the space to do it.

The problem is that there's better options for the wings. If he plays on the wings we've still got the same problem in that we've got with him playing at CHF anyway, because his delivery in to the forward 50 stinks.

Currently there's vacancies in KPF and KPB posts but with Bate playing the way he is and Rivers to return and Frawley in the wings they're not going to be there for long. Miller's window of opportunity is closing fast.

So ... backmen have less skilll...

that is SUCH A generalised statement....

let him develop up forward.... no results too be traded at the end of 2008

Nice work.

Rather than debate my point about backman and forwards you make a negative stereotype generalisation about Miller.

So you have backed Y_M and suggest that Miller never play AFL again and then suggest we "let him develop up forward" when we seem to be agreement that he cant make it there. :wacko:

Given the pattern of trading in the AFL over the past 5 years who in their right mind would trade for a player like Miller that cant make it in the AFL? He has no trade value and he will be out of contract next year

We have this year and next year to see if he can make something of himself as a footballer. But he has shown that he aint going to make it up forward.

im not so sure about that rhino. playing up forward you can afford to be selfish. you are trying to get the ball, and if not, get it through the posts. defenders need to be watching the ball, their man, and other men.

i think a natural ability to defend is less common than the ability to attack, and if he misses it their is less pressure that if he stuffs up and lets through a goal...

Its not about being selfish Ox. Forwards are primarily their to create the opportunity to score goals by winning and using the ball in contested and uncontested situations. A defenders primary responsibility is to defend and prevent the forward from doing so.

I think it requires greater skills to create and convert opportunities under pressured contested situations than to negate them.