Club in crisis - Media pile on - August 2024

On 13/10/2024 at 09:32, GM11 said:

When I consider the AFL football media, I find myself wondering what they actually produce.

I include all the so called journalists and commentators in this.

Most have absolutely no personality, those that do are just plain irritating.

What they are is leeches, presently trying to suck the life out a club that they see as an easy mark.

Why? They know deep down that they have to justify their position.

If they all quit and went to work at something useful to society, no one would even notice.

Great to see all the courageous posters finding voice. Now that we have concerning trends occurring and being exposed about  Channel 9, why would we think that it does not unnecessarily apply to AFL Sport.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Willmoy1947 said:

Great to see all the courageous posters finding voice. Now that we have concerning trends occurring and being exposed about  Channel 9, why would we think that it does not unnecessarily apply to AFL Sport.

Yes we watched that with great interest last night sounds like Ch9 have a Very Toxic group leading their Culture, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. AFL haven’t covered themselves in glory either standing idly by watching the media personalities piling on to Dees and ignoring much worse cultural issues at other clubs. Grrrrrrrr…!!

• Like 4

The media paint whatever picture they want you to believe (brainwashing). I originally thought Houston not coming to the Dees was a bad thing, but we would have to cough up pick 5. Keeping picks 5 and 9 is great as we get a chance to improve our midfield department. Also we could play Tracc forward which is a win win for us. We could also pick up a younger version of Houston , this all depends on the type of training our coaches are capable off. Personally I would get in a person that has not got AFL experience as coach , a visionary who can think outside the square. This person gets to smooth things out between players and staff. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, COOLX said:

The media paint whatever picture they want you to believe (brainwashing). I originally thought Houston not coming to the Dees was a bad thing, but we would have to cough up pick 5. Keeping picks 5 and 9 is great as we get a chance to improve our midfield department. Also we could play Tracc forward which is a win win for us. We could also pick up a younger version of Houston , this all depends on the type of training our coaches are capable off. Personally I would get in a person that has not got AFL experience as coach , a visionary who can think outside the square. This person gets to smooth things out between players and staff. 

Love this post. Fair bit to cogitate on. And a couple of lateral thoughts do not go astray.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, biggestred said:

right off damo you *insert insulting name of choice*

Screenshot_20241018_090223_Samsung Internet.jpg

Oooooo....the venom in these words!🙄

It is pretty obvious now that Damien "Purple" Barrett has a deep and visceral hatred of the Melbourne Football Club.

There's actually a long list of Melbourne Demon haters in the media and they take sheer delight in our misfortune.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

IF...

Damien Barrett wasn't a longtime hack journalist who has built up a large list of enemies within the AFL community, because of his rubbish journalism, and braindead hot take opinion pieces...

Then...

He may occasionally get info right, and not have to resort to, petty, childish sarcasm when a football club makes him look like a fool.
Mess of a bloke.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Kevin dyson said:

Where was it reported Trac called Lamb?

Lamb says it in his final trade week presser at 3.20. Says “I spoke to Trac, he messaged me the other night after we got pick 9, he’s like a big kid he’s that excited and that happy and ready to go ”. I think Lamb also says something similar in his MFC site interview. If you want to get into semantics of text vs call go for it.

Contrary to media like Barrett, Lamb is not a liar, he plays the draft  game, but he doesn’t lie. Even if you think it is it’s risky to lie about a “disgruntled” current player who can simply prove him wrong. I believe him. 

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately Damien Barrett is the worst kind of media personality his behaviour is quite cowardly and vengeful. Time to go hard MFC, we cannot let this spiteful character get away with this attempt at face saving B S.

26 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

Unfortunately Damien Barrett is the worst kind of media personality his behaviour is quite cowardly and vengeful. Time to go hard MFC, we cannot let this spiteful character get away with this attempt at face saving B S.

correct although labeling him a personality is a stretch. He basically has none and is a talentless unpopular clown that to his credit somehow has managed a media gig despite seemingly adding no value. There are many media people that I don't like or don't agree with but I can see their relevance but with this individual genuinely cannot see any redeeming features.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IF....

Damien Barrett was respect by his colleagues...

THEN

Then he wouldn't have that godawful but appropriate nickname.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, DeeZone said:

Damien Barrett really comes across as a spiteful tantrum'ing child in that latest episode...what a mess of a bloke.

• Like 3
  • Love 1