Bohdan Babijczuk

Yze_Magic

Who is the genius that hired this bloke?

How many soft tissue injuires do we currently have?

The bloke had a terrible record at the Hawks, and it has continued with the MFC

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could not agree more. Surely someone did a reference check like you would in any other business. Perhaps if they were 400m athletes they would be the fittest they could ever be. Pity this is AFL.

I remember Neiter saying that the team was at 100% fitness - ready to win the premiership. I had a feeling then, that something was not quite right.

Oh well.

Who is the genius that hired this bloke?

Absolute crap Yze Magic! The fittest person in the world can pull hamstrings. No amount of conditioning can stop this occurrence. Did you blame Melbourne's fitness man last year when we had our USUAL number of soft tissue injuries? When Judd pulled a hammy last season was it because he wasn't fit? Come on get real and stop looking for scapegoats. BB is a good guy who is working his butt off. Have a look at most of our last quarters. We are running games out well. That is the REAL sign of FITNESS.

A mate of mine who is a Hawks fan said he definitely got the team quicker, but they did have quite a few soft tissue injuries, and that soon as Clarkson arrived, he showed him the door and recruited one of the fitness guys from the Power when he was there.

Who ia the genius that hired this bloke?

I suppose he's responsible for someone treading on McLean's foot and breaking it? Or for Neitz, Robertson and Bartram wrenching their knees? They are the four injuries that probably hurt us the most.

What rubbish.

A mate of mine who is a Hawks fan said he definitely got the team quicker, but they did have quite a few soft tissue injuries, and that soon as Clarkson arrived, he showed him the door and recruited one of the fitness guys from the Power when he was there.

Sounds like a job for the boys. Nothing to do with BB's work. He just wanted his mate to do the job.

I suppose he's responsible for someone treading on McLean's foot and breaking it? Or for Neitz, Robertson and Bartram wrenching their knees? They are the four injuries that probably hurt us the most.

What rubbish.

Good on you mate. We played alongside each other in the Dees glory years.

Have a look at most of our last quarters. We are running games out well. That is the REAL sign of FITNESS.

LOL, running out games well? That 'sign of fitness' could have something to do with the fact that we didn't even play footy for the 7 previous quarters before the last against the roos.

Fitness is not an issue .

The problem rests with the decision to scale back the weights and put the emphasis on lighter bodies and speed .

We can see the puny bodies against every team we've played this year , and ironically we appear to have become slower too .

If injuries are bad luck it must follow this guy around, Hawthorne also had a lot of bad luck injuries whilst he was in charge of there fitness. However, when you change your fitness training as extremely as we have it will take a year to adjust.

Fitness is not an issue .

The problem rests with the decision to scale back the weights and put the emphasis on lighter bodies and speed .

We can see the puny bodies against every team we've played this year , and ironically we appear to have become slower too .

How much weight has been lost from players, from whom and how has it affected us?

From information I have seen there has been collectively about 12 kgs shed across the team list. Hardly puny players!

You may want to focus for starters why we are getting smashed continually in the centre clearances. McLean and Pickett missing????

Now there's something.

Next thing you know we will be blaming the push in the back rule for all our ills.

How much weight has been lost from players, from whom and how has it affected us?

From information I have seen there has been collectively about 12 kgs shed across the team list. Hardly puny players!

You may want to focus for starters why we are getting smashed continually in the centre clearances. McLean and Pickett missing????

Now there's something.

Next thing you know we will be blaming the push in the back rule for all our ills.

I'm talking about muscle not weight .

For starters, look at Miller , Jones , Carroll , Rivers , Bruce , even Neitz and McLean - they are all much less muscle-bound than they were last year . They are obviously not puny when compared with normal human beings , but line them up against The West Coast , Adelaide , Hawthorn , and even the Kangaroos , there is no denying that we pale significantly in strength , by comparison .

Sounds like a job for the boys. Nothing to do with BB's work. He just wanted his mate to do the job.

Jobs for the boys no doubt. That's not unusual in any industry. A new manager or coach in this instance comes in and often so do 3 or 4 of his mates from a previous workplace. Happens where I work constantly.

For starters, look at Miller , Jones , Carroll , Rivers , Bruce , even Neitz and McLean - they are all much less muscle-bound than they were last year . They are obviously not puny when compared with normal human beings , but line them up against The West Coast , Adelaide , Hawthorn , and even the Kangaroos , there is no denying that we pale significantly in strength , by comparison .

Is it that you always look smaller when you are a beaten side playing crap football?

Firstly none of Rivers, McLean and Neitz have been on the ground much.

Whats changed with Miller? He's continued to be ordinary,

Carroll has been good under pressure and looks the same.

Jones has dropped weight to improve endurance and what do you know?? He was outstanding in the last.

Bruce continues to rack up 30 possessions a week in a losing side although his kicking remains flaky at best.

I think there are bigger problems in the team than that.

Sorry, I don't see it. If the team has collectively only lost 12kg (i.e. about 0.5kg per player average), how can we be "much less muscle-bound"? Muscle is a much heavier component in the human body than fat, so if they'd lost a lot of muscle it'd show in their body weights, which clearly aren't down much.

Conversely if they are near to the same weight but less "muscle bound" as you say, the only alternative is that they've put on a lot of fat, which clearly is not the case.

I haven't seen evidence of the players being shoved off the ball any easier. Our tackling is near the same level as last year. I agree with Rhino when he says the loss of some tough inside players like McLean, Moloney and Pickett has made a difference around the ball. Jones, if anything, was overweight and as a midfielder is running much better than last year, while at the same time looking stronger.

The only people who would have any idea on why Hawthorn and now Melbourne have had a horrible run with injuries under his fitness regime would be the people who work close to him not us, but the question has to be asked how can a man with such a big reputation have so many players injured as soon as he goes to the club? Someone has to be made the scapegoat wether it's him and\or Paulo so be it this can't continue to go on, changes must be made and I hope they are not the only changes, if we accept that it is just plain bad luck I think we will be going nowhere.

The only people who would have any idea on why Hawthorn and now Melbourne have had a horrible run with injuries under his fitness regime would be the people who work close to him not us, but the question has to be asked how can a man with such a big reputation have so many players injured as soon as he goes to the club? Someone has to be made the scapegoat wether it's him and\or Paulo so be it this can't continue to go on, changes must be made and I hope they are not the only changes, if we accept that it is just plain bad luck I think we will be going nowhere.

How about we actually determine what really caused the injuries rather than fly off on uninformed innuendo and rumour and chop heads through a witch hunt?

Many of the injuries have come through on field player contact and there is high degree of bad luck with that.

Lets stick to the facts.

How about we actually determine what really caused the injuries rather than fly off on uninformed innuendo and rumour and chop heads through a witch hunt?

Many of the injuries have come through on field player contact and there is high degree of bad luck with that.

Lets stick to the facts.

Robertson, Neitz and McLean are bad luck (who knows if Bartram's training mishap could have been avoided ). The rest have got to be questionable. I never wrote that I was informed on injuries but I find it hard to believe that heads won't roll due the horror season that we have had. When things go bad things change if they didn't no one would ever change it's a fact of life.

LOL, running out games well? That 'sign of fitness' could have something to do with the fact that we didn't even play footy for the 7 previous quarters before the last against the roos.

We have won almost all of our last quarters this year, if that isnt your definition of running out games well, then I dont know what is. That fitness is what has almost single handedly got us to within a goal of victory 3 times in the last month. I know this year, that if we're within 3-4 goals of our opposition at the last break, then we're a good chance to snatch a victory.

We have won almost all of our last quarters this year, if that isnt your definition of running out games well, then I dont know what is. That fitness is what has almost single handedly got us to within a goal of victory 3 times in the last month. I know this year, that if we're within 3-4 goals of our opposition at the last break, then we're a good chance to snatch a victory.

Thats because the game has been over by half time for 50% of our games and the others we stopped running for a quarter or two, the other teams go into shut down mode. Every AFL is fit and unless you are the Kangaroos last year there is not much difference between the fitness levels of clubs. It gets down to having your best players avaliable and the management of players through four quarters by the coaching staff.

Hmm.. Adem yze out now with a groin injury

And bate with a hammy?

The evidence just keeps mounting

i think this is a ridiculous thread. most of our injuries have been collision based injuries. hamstrings are caused because in our game we kick and bend over while running at speed. the hammy might occur at a different moment but the stresses placed on the body are un reasonable.