Oliver Trade Rumours

5 minutes ago, FreedFromDesire said:

I don't believe the club will allow him to be traded though.

Ok, in my opinion, he hadn't been mistreated

48 minutes ago, Little Goffy said:

Is it too late to amicably and mutually end his contract and allow him to move as he free agent? 

Geelong would love it because they wouldn't have to give up anything, and based on the compensation for Josh Battle we would be awarded more draft picks than Tasmania.

So we have 122 pages on Clarry leaving based mainly on info by media people at 3AW ..even Tom Morris had dropped off. I’m tipping next Thursday the posting on this will drop significantly..

• Like 6

Not sure if it's been said already but once a club shops a player around, then the club has to expect the player to look for greener pastures

Just put yourself in Oliver's shoes ... what would you do if there was an opportunity elsewhere?  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mo64 said:

"The media are full of [censored]" could refer to anything. He could be talking about his reported off-field indiscretions, missed appointments, meetings with Geelong officials and players, etc. Why didn't he just come out and say which media reports were incorrect?

We all know the reason why he didn't.

You need to listen to the podcast.  In it he talks about what he's looking forward to in 2025, ie running around with his Melbourne teammates, he talks about what he loves about the Melbourne culture, etc.  You should listen to it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

well done, both of you agree he hasn't been mistreated :)

But the media are intimating that we have treated him poorly

But I can't see any evidence of mistreatment

What we can all see is the player going rogue ... that is indisputable 

Edited by Macca
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dee-tonator said:

The trouble with our Ferrari is that it keeps blowing its gaskets.

We need to get its engine running smoothly again.

I don’t disagree mate, but people holding onto the idea that the current Oliver is worth what he was 12 months ago on the market is farcical. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roy11 said:

That really is a ridiculous quote. It looks like it’s made up to me. You could also say that a lot of people believe in aliens - doesn’t necessarily make it true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DeeGee said:

That really is a ridiculous quote. It looks like it’s made up to me. You could also say that a lot of people believe in aliens - doesn’t necessarily make it true.

You haven't read enough posts here then. 

Edited by Palace Dees
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Apparently, he's 'cleaned out his locker'

Hit me up if you want me to spread a rumour that Clarry also has OCD, I'll add it to the one about Lloydy coaching us next year 👍

• Haha 1
  • Clap 1

We at Demonland don't have a problem with discussion proceeding on this subject but have to remind posters once again that we have a code of conduct and personal abuse to other posters will not be tolerated.

In that regard, any further instances of personal abuse of posters on this thread will result in a minimum of seven days suspension from the site.

Thank you.

• Like 9
  • Clap 2

19 minutes ago, Macca said:

Not sure if it's been said already but once a club shops a player around, then the club has to expect the player to look for greener pastures

Just put yourself in Oliver's shoes ... what would you do if there was an opportunity elsewhere?  

I think it depends how much Oliver blames his behaviour on the club shopping him around last year. If he blames himself, then he could decide to work hard and regain respect

But none of us really know what happened so who knows

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DeeGee said:

Sounds like a metaphor to me, I.e. he's checked out and doesn't want to come back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

No anger from my end lol. Don't just presume things just future reference also.

Hahahahahah! Pulled me up on what? I've already forgotten what you even said, that's how irrelevant it was to me

What a hero... lunchbox variety! 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BLWNBA said:

I don’t disagree mate, but people holding onto the idea that the current Oliver is worth what he was 12 months ago on the market is farcical. 

But you also don’t trade him out for nothing but a hand shake either, his value is rock bottom right now, even if we go through this again next year we could still get the same deal then and most likely much better if he is actually committed to getting his body right 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Whispering_Jack said:

We at Demonland don't have a problem with discussion proceeding on this subject but have to remind posters once again that we have a code of conduct and personal abuse to other posters will not be tolerated.

In that regard, any further instances of personal abuse of posters on this thread will result in a minimum of seven days suspension from the site.

Thank you.

What be banned for the whole trade period?? BAN ME NOW 😂

• Love 1
  • Haha 9