PREGAME: Rd 18 vs Essendon

2 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

Melksham looks like he got off without any penalty.

Yep, all clear for Melk.  Only Yeo got a fine for umpire contact in our game.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

3 hours ago, Binmans PA said:

We just need a contest in the ruck, and he's more than proved he's a good contested mark forward and back.

I think we'll find you are close to the mark.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Swooper1987 said:

Yep, all clear for Melk.  Only Yeo got a fine for umpire contact in our game.  

As he should have 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

No worries. We'll agree on disagreeing.

Stop it with the harmony and politeness. Have you forgotten where you are Uncle? This is Demonland and respect and manners don't go unpunished. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Swooper1987 said:

The ruck position is important in so far as you don't want to be dominated in that spot.  An ability to at least negate is important.  However, I agree with Binmans PA that Petty could be an adequate replacement around the ground with his marking ability.  He's absolutely useless at centre bounce, as demonstrated by his efforts in the Alice against Freo, but he can take a mark and he moves reasonably well.  He's no Gawn, but he's probably the best option we have.  Also, re Draper specifically - he loves to get forward - remember how he torched Grundy last year.  At least Petty could defend him when he runs inside 50. He might also be able to hurt him the other way.

Is Petty fit enough to run with Draper?

44 minutes ago, Billy said:

3 weeks for Maxxy 😢

Amazing. Not like we play two top 4 teams in the next two weeks who happen to have really good ruck combos. 

2024 is not it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

18 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Amazing. Not like we play two top 4 teams in the next two weeks who happen to have really good ruck combos. 

2024 is not it. 

Careful.... that's pessimism

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Vomit 1

16 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Careful.... that's pessimism

No, that is realism.  Because we do play 2 such teams and we are missing the Captain.  It's pessimism to say we haven't got a hope of winning a single clearance and just as well play Billings in the ruck.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 2

7 minutes ago, sue said:

No, that is realism.  Because we do play 2 such teams and we are missing the Captain.  It's pessimism to say we haven't got a hope of winning a single clearance and just as well play Billings in the ruck.

Of course it's realism.

Thankyou

But you're not allowed to speak about 'reality' here according to some.

Realism is seeing something for what it is. Anything else is sentiment.

Absolute travisty . Playing 3 teams who will benefit enormously from Max's abscence.

Speedy recovery big fella.  No need for heroics Max, just a good rehab. 

The reset is for 25 . 

Just now, beelzebub said:

Of course it's realism.

Thankyou

Absolute travisty . Playing 3 teams who will benefit enormously from Max's abscence.

The reset is for 25 . 

all true, but there are too many pessimists on here who are unrealistic in their pessimism.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1

2 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Of course it's realism.

Thankyou

The reset is for 25 . 

So who’s rent free for whom now?

Of course, assuming you’re referring to me, the bolded bit is not at all what I said. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Surprised more hasn’t been made of the incident around here.

A chance to miss a week or 2 after finally making his return…

Personally I was in too much shock to be jumping up and down about it, then I slid seamlessly into denial. Now I’m straight-up furious. If he’s suspended it will be disastrous for him as well as the team. I can’t imagine how he’s feeling right now. All the bloody work he’s done to get back and this happens. 🤬

edit: been offline all arvo. Just heard the great news 🥳🥳🥳

Edited by WalkingCivilWar

4 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

So who’s rent free for whom now?

Of course, assuming you’re referring to me, the bolded bit is not at all what I said. 

Oh look who popped up.... the feebie landlord.

Change your story all you like mate. Whatever makes you feel good.

Throw in the gardening.... cheers.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Fat Tony said:

Melksham looks like he got off without any penalty.

Can Demonland please provide us with a joyful dancing emoji response?

Wait hold the press, I've heard conflicting reports.

Any updates please,?

Edited by leave it to deever

4 minutes ago, Billy said:

Call me crazy, l still think we’ll win

You’re not crazy

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Go the Biff said:

Just PM @Jaded No More. She has a GIF for all occasions. She'll sort out your joyful dancing requirements

She makes me nervous.

I don't want to bother her.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Haha 3