Vale Clyde Laidlaw

Whispering_Jack

Of the 13,000-odd players who’ve played AFL/VFL, he tops the poll for having the winning-est career of those having played 100 games or more: 81.05%. 

Saw him at a local cafe last year, sporting his Demon cap. Nice man. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Wow, the man barely knew what a loss was! 

May he continue his winning ways at the G in the sky, and hopefully watch us return to such comprehensive dominance very soon :-)

RIP

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Clyde Laidlaw what a man, what a winning record another of Norm Smiths Legends follows his skipper and coach into MFC History. RIP Clyde.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I was fortunate enough to have a 30 minute convo with Clyde at a granny breakfast a few years ago. What a lovely man. And a Demon through and through. Goody had just taken over from Roosy and he was very bullish on the Dees. Really knew his football - good footy brain as they say.

He also loved Brasso like a brother and said our success in the 50's and 60's had much to do with Ron's drive and desire to win at all costs. He also loved Norm.

Roost 'em from the Smoker's stand flank Clyde - and may the umpshires wave two flags in your direction forever more. Lov ya Man.

Edited by Queanbeyan Demon
Typo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

The Melbourne champions of my youth are moving to football heaven far too quickly, but the memories will linger forever.  RIP Clyde.  Condolences to his family.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I would have seen Clyde play in 1959 and 1960 and he fitted in to our champion team very nicely at CHF.

Tough and uncompromising he will meet more of his glory  days mates in heaven. Plenty of looking down and in awe of their record. 

R.I.P. Clyde and sincere sympathies to your family and friends. 

• Like 2