PREGAME: Rd 17 vs West Coast

On 30/06/2024 at 13:56, Diamond_Jim said:

Casey play the Lions in Brisbane on Saturday.

Will definitely be a weakened Casey team to say the least

Ahhh. Just love the "support / feeder competition" organisation.   Pathetic.

23 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

If we lose this weekend, I’d sooner stick hot knitting needles into my eyeballs than go on Demonland.

👀🪡

10 hours ago, chook fowler said:

He's special

Surely, in the context, you should be saying "isn't he special"?

10 hours ago, OhMyDees said:

Not going on Sunday….

Not because I’m an armchair critic waiting for the next 9 games to be a Optus but I’m still recovering from foot surgery. 

God I hope we get some percentage. I feel like if we’re going to make the 8 we’ll need it in a big way.

Good luck in your recovery.   Have a chat to TMc and Petty.🙄

7 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Hopefully Petty gets up, even though we were all screaming for him to be dropped a couple of week back.

When JVR is in the ruck or on the bench we'll only have Turner as a tall forward which will mean McGovern and Barrass will mark everything.

Actually, if Petty is out, do they look at T Mac up forward and Tomlinson retained down back?

Fullarton??

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I’d say the other 2 on the bench will be Salem and Bowey which means Tomlinson and Tholstrupp will be dropped.

Alternatively Bowey plays a not altogether undeserving game at Casey. and Kolt keeps his spot.

Woewodin will be the obvious sub.

Tholstrupp would be very stiff to be dropped.  Maybe sub??

1 hour ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Too many of our forwards get too close to the man-on-the-mark, kicking vertically too late in the run-up, without the ball control splendours of Kozzie and Fritta. Even the Melk used to do this every second shot at goal. If the ball goes through the goals, it looks spectacular; most times, it misses the six points. The kicking coach should get this extremely bad habit under control, immediately. Snaps are different, but a set shot (free kick or mark) is NOT a snap-style delivery. Set shot accuracy is a matter of 'room of release' before the m-o-t-mark, plantar flexion of the foot, lowering the ball drop, leading the kicking action with rapid lower leg extension and an even more rapid follow through with a straight knee-joint through the thigh in the very direction of goal line. Most of our forwards do not practice this as one 'whole body' movement time and again. The great forwards always did ... 

Deemania - where do we send the application form for MFC Kicking Coach??

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I said (Jack) “Darling.”
You were supposed to say “Yes, honey?” or similar.

Never mind, was funnier in my head, you didn’t get it, and the moment’s passed.

As you were. 🤗

Cpt Darling: I say, listen - our guns have stopped

Lt George: You don't think ....

Pte Baldrick: Perhaps the war is over. Perhaps its peace

Cpt Darling: Thank God. We lived through it. The Great War, 1914 - 1917.  Hip Hip hooray

• Clap 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I’d say the other 2 on the bench will be Salem and Bowey which means Tomlinson and Tholstrupp will be dropped.

Alternatively Bowey plays a not altogether undeserving game at Casey. and Kolt keeps his spot.

Woewodin will be the obvious sub.

Woewodin is named on the wing so don’t think he can be sub. I think it’s going to be Tholstrup.

My tip is:

Ins: Melksham, Salem, Bowey

Out: Brown, Petty, Tomlinson,

Sub: Tholstrup

We’re probably a bit too tall down back with the 4 talls but now I feel we’re probably a bit undersized up forward. I can’t see Fullarton coming in over Jeffo but it’s going to be a struggle when JvR in the ruck with just Turner down there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, picket fence said:

GOODWIN has lost the plot!

Shouldn’t that be ‘Goodwin is losing the plot’? Countless times you’ve said he’s lost the plot. Once one loses the plot, isn’t that it? The plot is gone forever? I mean, how many plots does one have? Or is it that one can lose the plot, find it, then lose it again, etcetera, etcetera etcetera. As a fellow-ranga would say…

Explain Facebook Live GIF

🙃

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, DubDee said:

We can’t lose Petty and Tommo. 

WC have 3 tall fwds in darling Allen Waterman. not huge talls but all dangerous

Petty Brown out 

Melksham Salem in

So Bowey misses? It’s a good point you raise. If we lose a tall during the game we’ll be [censored] as we don’t have the luxury of swinging Petty back. Bowey would be unlucky though and he’s in our best 22.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I said (Jack) “Darling.”
You were supposed to say “Yes, honey?” or similar.

Never mind, was funnier in my head, you didn’t get it, and the moment’s passed.

As you were. 🤗

Doh. Slipped one through my defenses and yorked me @WalkingCivilWar. Hate it when im fed a good line and stuff it up. i'll be lining up in the back pocket in the reserves on Sunday.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Shouldn’t that be ‘Goodwin is losing the plot’? Countless times you’ve said he’s lost the plot. Once one loses the plot, isn’t that it? The plot is gone forever? I mean, how many plots does one have? Or is it that one can lose the plot, find it, then lose it again, etcetera, etcetera etcetera. As a fellow-ranga would say…

🙃

I told my friend a joke about losing the plot @WalkingCivilWar, but halfway through, I forgot what it was about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Woewodin is named on the wing so don’t think he can be sub.

I could be wrong but I’m sure I’ve seen other clubs name a player in the starting 18 on Thursday but then relegate him to sub on game day.

Hence I’m tipping Woewodin to start as sub. I was surprised he was listed in the 18 to start off with.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, picket fence said:

Fullarton instead of Jeffo!! Are we tanking? Explain how Jeffo travelling emergency last week played an excellent game in the wet last week and not even in the extended squad??

JEFFERSON IS NOT READY FOR SENIOR FOOTY 

Nbc Brooklyn 99 GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Vomit 1

20 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

A poster on the West Coast bigfooty saw Waterman at a clinic and was limping around with a bandage to his knee.

I heard that at that time an Orange Bellied Parrot was resting on his shoulder... 🤭😏

Edited by Grr-owl
  • Haha 4
  • Clap 1

11 hours ago, picket fence said:

Fullarton instead of Jeffo!! Are we tanking? Explain how Jeffo travelling emergency last week played an excellent game in the wet last week and not even in the extended squad??

Most annoying on DL.

• Haha 2
  • Vomit 1

10 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

🙃

Maybe the plot was a metaphor for something that was inside us all along?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, layzie said:

Maybe the plot was a metaphor for something that was inside us all along?

🤯

way too early in the morning for that sort of thinking, Layz .

I’ve yet to have a coffee so I’m struggling to know which shoe goes on which foot  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

🤯

way too early in the morning for that sort of thinking, Layz .

I’ve yet to have a coffee so I’m struggling to know which shoe goes on which foot  

Am I crazy? Or am I so sane that your head just spun? 😝

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, layzie said:

Am I crazy? Or am I so sane that your head just spun? 😝

The answer is a pineapple 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1