PREGAME: Rd 17 vs West Coast

13 hours ago, SPC said:

I think that if we were top 2 at this stage, it would mean we are flying, our forwardline had clicked and he would not be required. So our current situation suits him. 

We were top 4 this time last year and he was sorely missed come finals.

13 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I doubt he’d be thinking that way though. Our season’s not written off. A couple of consecutive wins, including a thumping, and who knows??? 

You’re right, he’s a top pro with a great attitude I’m sure he’s chomping at the bit to get out there. 
I still feel that the team has let him down a bit with current ladder position. 
If we had managed to put 2 more wins on the board( any 2 of the blues, WC or Lions) then it would be a very different situation he’s returning too. 
Hope he plays this weekend. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Demon17 said:

If not we clearly won't deserve a spit and cue in the rack immediately as you say.

Gee you’ve gone all Hawk Tuah (google or YouTube it) there. We’re not Richmond supporters we’re a classy bunch.

Edited by Dee Viney Intervention
  • Haha 1
  • Vomit 1

Obviously a pressure game   Last week 

in 3 quarters we kicked 3 goals

in 3 quarters they kicked 2

not sure I know what to expect

Whatever happens with Melk this year I'd still personally offer him another contract.

Deserves to at least have a crack at a full reason. Cannot be judged off whatever performance he displays this year because at the end of the day he hasn't got the miles in the legs from a full summer of training.

We'll go into next year with a younger list and I'd prefer if we can hang onto someone like a Melksham who is pretty much acting as an assistant coach with the forwards.

Hunter, Brown, Tomlinson are the more older guys I'd let go before Melksham.

• Like 18
  • Love 1
  • Clap 2
  • Thinking 1

20 minutes ago, 640MD said:

Great point. Our supporters look at our scoreline and bemoan the fact we scored the majority of goals in 1 quarter but ignore the fact that this is fairly common with most teams in tight, contested games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Whatever happens with Melk this year I'd still personally offer him another contract.

Deserves to at least have a crack at a full reason. Cannot be judged off whatever performance he displays this year because at the end of the day he hasn't got the miles in the legs from a full summer of training.

We'll go into next year with a younger list and I'd prefer if we can hang onto someone like a Melksham who is pretty much acting as an assistant coach with the forwards.

Totally agree

Plus the forward line is the one area we need as much experience as we can get!

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

20 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Never let Melksham go, he is mature and loves the game and the club, he will be a shepherd for the younger crew they will need guys like him on the field...we need him too he is all class.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

Great point. Our supporters look at our scoreline and bemoan the fact we scored the majority of goals in 1 quarter but ignore the fact that this is fairly common with most teams in tight, contested games.

Yes all you need to do is score more than your opponents,  but consistent scoring of at least 3 seems to do it.

Bit like the "filth" last year winning games by less than a goal  and in the finals, All you need is to be in front at the end of the game, but how you get there makes supporting them easier.

I still have no idea of what to expect this week, though on average over the last 3 or 4 years we should turn up and win well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

Totally agree

Plus the forward line is the one area we need as much experience as we can get!

(Forward line) Captain Coach!

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Deelectable said:

If Jefferson was making his debut wouldn't we have known by now?

If Petty is fit, they'll probably want to see what inserting Melksham into the forward line does before picking Jeffo

18 hours ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Surely Petty is Out based on that injury report this arvo? Probably needs a rest anyway and manahed with "hamstring awareness" may be more palatable than "omitted"

Perhaps gives an opportunity to bring in a Fullarton/Jefferson?

Rather Jeffy, Fullarton plays like a tall HFF not physical at all. Jeffy isn't either but is a natural forward.

3 hours ago, 640MD said:

Which game are you talking about.  In neither the north or Lions games are you figures correct for Oppo scores across any 3 quarters. In both cases they are better than us.

Posted (edited)

A feel a couple of months ago the comment's here were swinging towards Jeffo unlikely to make it in AFL, now we're begging to get him in. Love it. Never seen him play, would love to see him have a run though. 

I feel the posts about Melksham are keeping the door open for him to come straight in, which seems a bit odd. have I missed any confirmation either way on this? 

Otherwise just based off the game, I felt Tomlinson stayed in as a mature head with the smaller defenders being a younger bunch. Wouldn't be shocked to see him out for Salem. Besides that, not much. Don't know if Bowie is straight back in. 

Edited by Viney Vidi Vici
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Viney Vidi Vici said:

A feel a couple of months ago the comment's here were swinging towards Jeffo unlikely to make it in AFL, now we're begging to get him in. Love it. Never seen him play, would love to see him have a run though. 

I feel the posts about Melksham are keeping the door open for him to come straight in, which seems a bit odd. have I missed any confirmation either way on this? 

Otherwise just based off the game, I felt Tomlinson stayed in as a mature head with the smaller defenders being a younger bunch. Wouldn't be shocked to see him out for Salem. Besides that, not much. Don't know if Bowie is straight back in. 

The club made the right move with JVR, keeping him down despite the supporters rabidly demanding his selection.  JVR himself said he wasn't ready after the fact.  Reckon we should trust them re: Jeffo.

I'd be amazed if Milkshake plays in the ones this week, you'd reckon he must get a run in the twos.

If fit, Bowie and Salem should come in - they are easily in our best 22 and are two of the best kicks in the team. I dont reckon Tommo should keep his spot as he's so limited. Howes would be the ideal replacement for him.

If Petty is out, and I know this is as likely as myself getting selected, but Id like to see TMac up forward.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Hey lets start this game by tagging Reid and (if he plays) Tim Kelly and shutting down Waterman. All three killed us last time

Stop them and you stop the Eagles.

But I bet we don't try to stop them , We'll just try to play our way.

• Like 2

On 01/07/2024 at 16:19, Fritta and Turner said:

Feel a big win coming on

For whom...

A friend asking ...

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Hey lets start this game by tagging Reid and (if he plays) Tim Kelly and shutting down Waterman. All three killed us last time

Stop them and you stop the Eagles.

But I bet we don't try to stop them , We'll just try to play our way.

Yep...might be a huge difference in current strategies   Goodwin V Mitchell

Hopefully Simon's topped up on those 'learnings' 

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

loving the fact that milkshake is available for selection; add me as another saying 'straight back in' 

OUT: tomlinson, pup brown
IN: salem, melksham

milkshake as sub; the roar when he comes in from 25k or so mad melbourne fans when he comes on ground will sound like 125k are at the g

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1

Surely Melksham needs some touch and match fitness after 9 months out. 3/4 game for Casey then back in

• Like 7

22 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C86Z00lPCQL/?igsh=MWZodjZoNHV4a3Zkag==

(swipe left to see Selwyn announce the great news at the team meeting)

Please pardon my ignorance WCW  but, is the area where the cheer squad sit, all ticketed, for this game against the Eagles.   Or with GA tickets can you walk there and sit down,  Cheers  thanks

3 hours ago, DubDee said:

Surely Melksham needs some touch and match fitness after 9 months out. 3/4 game for Casey then back in

Both of Melky and Salem are ( when playing at their top) best 22 without a doubt.  Whether they are in that form now , 

but I would think both straight in ! And no other changes.    Perhaps Petty and Windsor a rest.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 640MD said:

Please pardon my ignorance WCW  but, is the area where the cheer squad sit, all ticketed, for this game against the Eagles.   Or with GA tickets can you walk there and sit down,  Cheers  thanks

For this week’s match anyone can sit in our bay (M3) with a GA ticket. The back half of the bay, that is. The front half is reserved for DA members. The only condition is strictly no opposition colours allowed anywhere in our bay.

The whole of the adjoining bay (M4) is GA, and Demons fans are encouraged to sit there, particularly towards the front of the bay.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

For this week’s match anyone can sit in our bay (M3) with a GA ticket. The back half of the bay, that is. The front half is reserved for DA members. The only condition is strictly no opposition colours allowed anywhere in our bay.

The whole of the adjoining bay (M4) is GA, and Demons fans are encouraged to sit there, particularly towards the front of the bay.

Thanks, 10 years ago convinced a niece to support the Dee’s.  First game she has seen (13 now)  with her mum I think. Good to have support around.

Go Dee’s 

• Love 1

On 02/07/2024 at 18:40, WalkingCivilWar said:

2 - 3 at Casey??? Noooooo. What a waste that would be. He’s ready now. The Lions brought Ashcroft straight back in and he was absent for a longer period of time. 

Ashcroft is 20, Melk 32

I do appreciate all the love for him, and am genuinely wrapped he is back to playing, but would be a stretch to play him straight into AFL I think

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1