Maynard unscathed

3 minutes ago, Doug Reemer said:

When you’ve got a supporter base full of members who find it to emotionally distressing to turn up. Why should the club go after him? 

There isn’t a softer club in the AFL than us. We have as much backbone as the apologists on this forum that think it’ll be ok and we aren’t that bad..

I’m sure I’ll be torn down for this comment. But I couldn’t care less. I went to the game and stood in the outer until the final siren went.

I was one of the 5k melb members there.

Wether some see the problem or not, it's not going to change the outcomes on the field win or lose, you're a "I told you so" type of sad little human. Congrats 👏 you see the issues. [censored].

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Vomit 1

37 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

I thought he'd at least be on the receiving end of one or two crunching tackles.

He gave them instead. And his mate Moore pushed his knee into Tracs spleen.

Way to wave the flag for Gus.

Maynard not bruised even fairly isn't a great look.

Especially after all the talk about a response.

Childish and tracs injury a football incident move on.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Problem is that we, as a club, are too nice.

It's good to be nice and gentlemanly when warranted, but against the likes of Collingwood... Spare me any sportmanships.

Yes but this isn't the wild west anymore. I like all my sporting teams (not just the dees) to compete like beasts but to be hard and fair.  Last 2 weeks they've not done very well with that. 

Focus on the game not a vendetta.

• Like 2

Collingwood were cheering Maynard loudly all day drowning out the meekly attended Melbourne supporters boos.

The guy is a hero for giving someone brain damage. What a crazy F…d up world we live in.

Edited by DeeZee
  • Like 8
  • Angry 1

25 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Would have preferred him on the trolley rather than Tracca.

There was no need for Moore to put his knee out. It was always a spoil.

Just like Maynards act wasn't a footy one.

That's the dirty way the pies play.

About time for once we did the same.

We were a good player down just like last time.

It's straight out of the filth playbook.

And we let it slide.

Just like we nobody gave Moore a hard time.

Just shows what you know about football and to wish someone injured is pathetic.

Just now, demon3165 said:

Just shows what you know about football and to wish someone injured is pathetic.

Your a [censored].

You can't even read.

Where did I wish someone harm.

I said Id rather Maynard injured than Tracca. That was a hypothetical in not wanting Tracca injured so where is the credit for that.

Grow up.

Langers called the filth all duck and no dinner and 5 of their players jumped on him in the first two mins. 
That scum bag finished Gussys career and our finals with that deliberate shoulder hit and not one of our player puts a hand on him the whole game. 
We are soft as butter and its big part of the reason we are out of the 8. 
Better to stand for your teammate than stand for [censored] all. 

• Like 15
  • Clap 2

35 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

And his mate Moore pushed his knee into Tracs spleen.

I’ve seen you post his close to half a dozen times already… sorry, I believe that to be nonsense. Moore flew for the mark no differently to the way in which most players do; it was an unfortunate footballing accident; there is no way that he targeted Trac in that contest. Sure there’s a lot to hate about the Pies, but Moore is one of the only players of theirs that I actually admire as a hard but fair player.

If you’re suggesting that the ‘knee out’ position in marking contests should be reportable, then you can pretty much kiss the ‘speccy’ goodbye.

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

7 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Your a [censored].

You can't even read.

Where did I wish someone harm.

I said Id rather Maynard injured than Tracca. That was a hypothetical in not wanting Tracca injured so where is the credit for that.

Grow up.

To even say it is childish full stop you said it at least own it.

Edited by demon3165
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Really Layzie.

If your best mate was retired from his career wouldn't you wave the flag for him.

Not talking about illegal whacks but some crunching tackles by several players to at least put him off his game.

Not like he didn't deserve them.

And as for winning the game we didn't. So the two things are not mutually exclusive.

In fact some agro would have served us well I reckon. Maynard played well. We didn't make him panic.

And at the end of the day at least probably put a smile on poor Gussys dial.

It's not a WWE storyline though Deever. It's not about a guy that needs to get their comeuppance and the ratings shooting up. We needed to win the football game today that's what I wss hell bent about. Not spilling Maynard's blood all over the G.

Now if you can let him know you're there with a bump here and there then yes I'm probably with you but can you imagine how stupid we'd look if we flew the flag and still lost? 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Colm said:

Langers called the filth all duck and no dinner and 5 of their players jumped on him in the first two mins. 
That scum bag finished Gussys career and our finals with that deliberate shoulder hit and not one of our player puts a hand on him the whole game. 
We are soft as butter and its big part of the reason we are out of the 8. 
Better to stand for your teammate than stand for [censored] all. 

100% Colm

Weak as [censored] performance from the entire club today.  Starting from the top down bar about a handful of players.

Then to have Clarry and May suck up Mayturd's arrzz afterwards.  Sickening.

I would banish them both to Casey for the remainder of 2024 and bring in Tommo & Sesto starting with North.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, layzie said:

It's not a WWE storyline though Deever. It's not about a guy that needs to get their comeuppance and the ratings shooting up. We needed to win the football game today that's what I wss hell bent about. Not spilling Maynard's blood all over the G.

Now if you can let him know you're there with a bump here and there then yes I'm probably with you but can you imagine how stupid we'd look if we flew the flag and still lost? 

Apologies Layzie.

I quoted the wrong post.

Sorry.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

I'm not usually like this..... but do we need a line in the sand type game round 24?

This side and club have bullied us for most of the past 20 years. Something has to change.

After what happen the last time we played the filth, if this game wasn’t going to be a line in the sand game I can’t for the life of me see why the round 24 game will be.

Not having a go, just can’t see if we had no mongrel in us for this game how we will have any for round 24. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

I'm not usually like this..... but do we need a line in the sand type game round 24?

This side and club have bullied us for most of the past 20 years. Something has to change.

You're taking the proverbial urine surely? Our team playing a line in the sand game? We'd probably rather punch slap each other than the opposition.

2 minutes ago, leucopogon said:

You're taking the proverbial urine surely? Our team playing a line in the sand game? We'd probably rather punch slap each other than the opposition.

Yep that’s the issue. There is no mongrel in this side anymore. It’s embarrassing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I miss the days of Tom Bugg, Bernie Vince (Dangerfield Ike scrag), Jake Spencer and Michael Hibberd. 

Guys who were always willing to fly the flag and show a bit of fight.

• Like 10

51 minutes ago, JJR said:

Wether some see the problem or not, it's not going to change the outcomes on the field win or lose, you're a "I told you so" type of sad little human. Congrats 👏 you see the issues. [censored].

And I’m happy to be.

Because not many on here can see much of the whats happening.

Edited by Doug Reemer