PREGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

1 minute ago, picket fence said:

RIVERS was abysmal in delivery today and has been for a while, he turned it over time and time again A BIG NO

Our midfield can’t get even run with the ball to turn it over half the time and our backline could do with less turnovers.

So I’m not sure why moving Rivers because his kicking is bad would be a ‘BIG NO’. 

With the HTB reset I think it might be a time to go back to basics. With the changes in just a week our midfielders going back to high stoppage lots of tackles might be an advantage.

A loss against what will be the filths second side will be just as painful as today. Get ready people.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Billy said:

Sick of all this Maynard rubbish, it derailed our finals last year & mid 2024 we’re still taking about it, get over it!!!!!

Maybe a bit of focus about getting our season back on track

As if anyone is going to stupid enough to flatten him, just won't happen.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

Just now, dl4e said:

A loss against what will be the filths second side will be just as painful as today. Get ready people.

It’s curtains on 2024 for me if we get smashed by them next week.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

And next week JVR and Jefferson will be worst on and people will say bring back Turner and Petty

We have to stop blaming our key forwards for not getting a kick.

We’ve tried half the list and it’s abundantly clear no one can get a kick as a tall in this team.

-42 in CPs, -25 clearances, -31 inside 50s. 

I haven’t seen the game but that stat line tells me that it isn’t the tall forwards who are the primary problem. 

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

1 minute ago, titan_uranus said:

-42 in CPs, -25 clearances, -31 inside 50s. 

I haven’t seen the game but that stat line tells me that it isn’t the tall forwards who are the primary problem. 

Thank you!

To blame the forwards is to ignore the real issue. 
The numbers above are North Melbourne level putrid. You will never win games when the midfield and half backs are dishing up this level of uncompetitive garbage. 
You could have the best forwards in the entire world, but if they are getting no service, what are they meant to do? 

• Like 3
  • Clap 1

I’m hoping it’s a bring your mouth guard to training week. I’ve never seen this team under goodwin never have a crack like they did today. Couldn’t stick a tackle to save their life.

We really need to get back to our DNA of contest first. 

• Like 2

I’ve said this a couple of times (and been laughed at) but I’ll say it again. Switch Steven May to the forward line for at least next week. Oppose him to May-f’ing-nard. Love to see that scrap. But I also think May, along with JVR, will give us some grunt and fire that our forward line is desperately missing. Petty takes May spot in the backline - he ain’t no forward. 
I would like Oliver taken away from the midfield because he is still broken and unfit, and compared to the old Clarry, is just a faded shadow of his former self. I’d put him in the forward pocket (in place of McAdam) till he gets his mojo back. Kossie and, last week, ANB seem to be the only mids making an effort to clear the ball at centre clearances, apart from Tracc. Viney has gone back to his old bulldog ways - possibly because Oliver and Sparrow have not played their part at centre bounces. Gawn also must improve his tap outs - he was superb against the Saints in terms of hitting to our players advantage - but generally his tap work this year has not been up to standard. So for what it’s worth here is my side for next week:

McVee, Petty, Tomlinson

Bowey, TMac, Rivers

Langdon, Tracc, ANB

Salem, May, Fritsch

Oliver, JVR, Jefferson

Gawn, Viney, Pickett

Chandler, Turner, Woewoden, Windsor

Sub: Sparrow.

And I believe it’s time to get a new skills coach - hitting targets by hand and foot - as we are embarrassingly poor in these areas. The turnovers today through these basic skill errors killed us. 

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1
  • Vomit 1

17 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

No.  Tried and failed. Fumbles and slips and is not composed. Little kicks are not him.  He’s a HBF position.   Let’s no screw up Riv like we have to Petty.  

Rivers has never been in the midfield for more than a quarter. (With reasonable success.)

48 minutes ago, Deelectable said:

Has been gifted far too many games for mine. No real sign of improvement.  He's reached his 'ceiling'.

He's a genuine plodder.

Living out a luxurious AFL lifestyle of getting a game with his 12-16 disposal of pure nothing each and every week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

And replace him with who? What a dumb take. Embarrassing that you posted it twice and started a thread thinking it’s still Queen’s o

Anyone. Never forget the turnover in the dying seconds against Carlton in the finals. Nothing has changed. Runs on roller skates.

• Facepalm 2

8 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

He's a genuine plodder.

Living out a luxurious AFL lifestyle of getting a game with his 12-16 disposal of pure nothing each and every week.

That’s a bit harsh, he’s one of our hardest runners and crazy brave.

He earns every one of his dollars.

I was howled down after the flag for saying this is probably all he is.

But the thing is I think he can still improve and can certainly get back in form, but he’ll do it with 30+ touches at Casey. That’s how you build a player back in to touch.

Whether we can do it this week or not depends on the strength of the rest of the players available, but generally a freshen up at Casey to work on his skills would have him better for it. 

2 hours ago, Deelectable said:

Agree with some of that but what do we do mid season to replace Brayshaw? Get an unproven ruckman when the midfield is bare. Dunstan may have been ordinary but a ball magnet and miles ahead of most at Casey atm. Goodwin has always refused to rest our midfield stars and it's starting to tell.Numerous times Dunstan should have been selected but never was. Harmes and Jordon good depth. Just let them go. Don't let me get started on Grundy. 

I don't mean to knock the kid, but the decision to draft kentfield is bizarre. I just don't get it