• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

PREGAME: Rd 01 vs Western Bulldogs

2 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Tomlinson kept Lobb to 2 marks and 0 goals in the corresponding game last year so ofcourse we go ahead and drop him for this one.

Big woop, you could play no one on Lobb and keep him to those stats, he’s a bone fide spud. Mind you we might play TMac on him and he’ll kick 6

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Tomlinson did everything right. Composed. Beat his opponent.  Tomlinson is dropped.

Play Tomlinson as a forward at VFL level, especially since he can't hold down a place in the backs.

If he kicks a few bring him in as a centre half-forward.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Thanks Mr Leg.  At least that explains why he was stiff.

Not sure why Tomlinson is always the fall guy. Clearly not one of Goody’s favourites.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

28 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

Big woop, you could play no one on Lobb and keep him to those stats, he’s a bone fide spud. Mind you we might play TMac on him and he’ll kick 6

That would not surpirse me at all.

Really hope T-Mac has found another gear over the off as he looked 2 yards too slow and no spring at all in his last few matches from behind the goals.  Couldn't even get to the drop to contest or impact.

Fingers & toes crossed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Not sure why Tomlinson is always the fall guy. Clearly not one of Goody’s favourites.

Had Tomo ranked 8th in my player ratings vs the Swans and his match rating was 9% up on his 2023 season rating.  Pretty decent improvement.

Not that that means anything to the FD, but statistically it adds some weight to what everyone witnessed on the night.

Selection integrity was on the wane last season imv Red.

Casey matches and players returning from injury can't come soon enough.

Need to see who really has the fire in the belly, talent and form in order to put some pressure on spots.

With particular focus on Petty (Hawthorn return), Woe (has to be close but no Casey to show where he's at), Sestan (see Woe) & McAdam ( roughly 2 weeks plus a run at Casey prior?).

Alot will also depend on whether we start posting Ws or Ls of course.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Clap 1

Don’t think any of the outs will be to shocked, Tomlinson did nothing to demand a spot, if he is supposed to free up lever and may that failed, better if have them be more accountable and bring in another runner

3 hours ago, Demonstone said:

Not necessarily.  He's one of the possibilities for the bench but the final 23 is yet to be confirmed.

I don't think he deserves to hold his spot BTW.

I’m thinking Billing’s may get a full game and Laurie is the sub.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Tom McDonald is hanging on by a thread … his body cannot sustain another year.  

And talking of hanging on, can we run a book on how many holding free kicks are given against TMac?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Swimming Dee said:

Interestingly no Jack Macrae for the Bulldogs. Is he injured or just not selected? 

Not selected acc to midweek tackle guys out of favour with Bevo. 

2 hours ago, hardtack said:

And talking of hanging on, can we run a book on how many holding free kicks are given against TMac?

Have you seen Tmac play this year?? 
Think  he is worth a chance down back but perhaps not forward however we have 2 other talls inc. BzBB and Fullarton.

Don’t think the SC could make up their minds. This week a surplus of talls last week of a quartet of smalls. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dl4e said:

Then it looks like tmac will get a game. bench of Salem, Billings tmac and kolt. Woey as sub. Tmac is past it.

Have you seen him play at all in 2024.? If not give him a go he is fit and had done ok ie 20 disposals in VFL practice. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hardtack said:

I’m thinking Billing’s may get a full game and Laurie is the sub.

I hope so.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, 58er said:

Have you seen him play at all in 2024.? If not give him a go he is fit and had done ok ie 20 disposals in VFL practice. 

Aside from Tmacs two final performances, I think the issue is we have seen Tommo play in a real game and he was one of our better players so he shouldn't get dropped. 

Not letting a player who’s keen to leave the club do so because they’re “required”, then dropping them for the second game of the season despite a solid performance in the first, is the epitome of poor player-management. 

Goodwin, though rich in “learnings”, seems to have learned nothing from the selection debacle of last year’s finals campaign. 

• Like 9
  • Clap 1

Im a bit bewildered by Tommo being dropped, he really does not get a great run at it. I wonder some time if its got to do with chemistry more than output?

might be on my own here but i would  prefer Tom Mc fwd, im not sure he has the agility as a back.. but happy to be proven wrong.

Really the key in this game is our defence. They are stacked in the fwd line, i think we can edge them in the middle and we can expose their backline if we get it in there with purpose, but if we can nullify their weapoms we are in the game.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

15 minutes ago, Mel Bourne said:

Not letting a player who’s keen to leave the club do so because they’re “required”, then dropping them for the second game of the season despite a solid performance in the first, is the epitome of poor player-management. 

Goodwin, though rich in “learnings”, seems to have learned nothing from the selection debacle of last year’s finals campaign. 

I think Tomlinson can be considered a required player, even if only playing 10 games this year in a depth role in circumstances such as:

No one is willing to trade anything of value for him: are we better with Tomlinson as depth or pick 85?

12 minutes ago, deanox said:

I think Tomlinson can be considered a required player, even if only playing 10 games this year in a depth role in circumstances such as:

No one is willing to trade anything of value for him: are we better with Tomlinson as depth or pick 85?

I’m talking specifically about how this affects a player’s mentality. It’s evident that Tomlinson wanted out, and would likely have been satisfied with any club who was willing to give him more game-time. But instead he’s been treated to the same frustration within the first two games of the year. If I were him I wouldn’t give a toss about our club. 

Wow, I cannot believe Tommo is out. He was one of our best against Sydney and I just checked to see if the Dogs were going small like us, but no they've picked Naughton (May), Ugle-Hagn (Lever) and Lobb (Hore).

Of course it's possible that T-Mac will come in and play down back on Lobb, but like many here, the shock is how Tomlinson gets the chop after Amartey and McDonald virtually diodn't touch it and only Mclean took a few marks - one was clearly Gawn's fault, another was on May and yes I think one was on Tommo.

This is not to say that Tommo is a must play team member, it's just that T-Mac isn't either anymore and I can only presume that T-Mac will be in the final and play on Lobb.

Of course, it's possibe that Goody will go even smaller than last week - leaving out T-Mac, BBB and Fullarton from the extended squad. That may sound fanciful to some of you, but given the obsession that Goody has with smalls, he might just even smaller.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Deespicable said:

10 minutes ago, Deespicable said:

Wow, I cannot believe Tommo is out. He was one of our best against Sydney and I just checked to see if the Dogs were going small like us, but no they've picked Naughton (May), Ugle-Hagn (Lever) and Lobb (Hore).

Of course it's possible that T-Mac will come in and play down back on Lobb, but like many here, the shock is how Tomlinson gets the chop after Amartey and McDonald virtually diodn't touch it and only Mclean took a few marks - one was clearly Gawn's fault, another was on May and yes I think one was on Tommo.

This is not to say that Tommo is a must play team member, it's just that T-Mac isn't either anymore and I can only presume that T-Mac will be in the final and play on Lobb.

Of course, it's possibe that Goody will go even smaller than last week - leaving out T-Mac, BBB and Fullarton from the extended squad. That may sound fanciful to some of you, but given the obsession that Goody has with smalls, he might just even smaller.

Your not alone in your disbelief Despicable. I think it's pretty clear not a few Demonlanders are scratching their heads on this one.

I hope Billings gets picked over Laurie as the sub this week too.

It must be somewhat demotivating for poor Tommo to be dropped.

Edited by leave it to deever

If they replace Tomlinson with TMac surely people will start doubting Goodwin’s coaching. I mean Tomlinson played his role, he’s no champ but sheesh he was above plenty last week. TMac can only dream of being that useful.

Oh, look at that. As a byproduct of renewing Kayo through the club, I seem to have received a GA ticket in addition to our normal memberships. Clearly the old bloke had no idea what he was doing.

DM me if you can use a Gen Admission tkt. for Sunday.

I suspect this will recur for all home games.

2 minutes ago, Olgreybeard49 said:

Oh, look at that. As a byproduct of renewing Kayo through the club, I seem to have received a GA ticket in addition to our normal memberships. Clearly the old bloke had no idea what he was doing.

DM me if you can use a Gen Admission tkt. for Sunday.

I suspect this will recur for all home games.

Wow, I didn't get that.