HF: Billings, van Rooyen, Neal-Bullen

F: Spargo, Fritsch, Pickett

FOLL: Gawn, Oliver, Viney

IC: Bowey, Sparrow, Chandler, Windsor

SUB: K. Brown

• Like 2

On 15/02/2024 at 07:29, leave it to deever said:

Good to see Tommo get a spot.

Tomlinson plays we lose. He is that bad. He plays 1 good game out of every ten the rest are rubbish. Haven't given up on T.Mac hopefully he gets a game against Carlton to prove himself. Sick of the rubbish from Tomlinson he's not up to AFL standard.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, WERRIDEE said:

Tomlinson plays we lose. He is that bad. He plays 1 good game out of every ten the rest are rubbish. Haven't given up on T.Mac hopefully he gets a game against Carlton to prove himself. Sick of the rubbish from Tomlinson he's not up to AFL standard.

I agree. They should send him to Werribee....

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

I'm not sure he's been given ten games.

Tmac could barely move in his last two games ( our finals) so I'm not sure we have much choice.

I would love to see a fit Tmac running and moving freely, but I've been holding out for almost three years now.

• Like 3

FB: McVee  May ????
HB: Rivers Lever Bowey
C; Langdon Salem Windsor
HF: Billings  Petracca Spargo
FF: Fritsch JVR  Chandler
Foll: Gawn Viney Sparrow
Int: ANB, Woey (half back), Oliver/Laurie?, ????
S: ????

Plenty of question marks. Didn't like the look of Tomlinson or Howes down back, would see if a tall puts their name up and try Woey on a back flank.

Midfield it's a matter if Clarry gets the approval or is made to wait.

2nd ruck/key forward is a big problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Satan said:

Parker broken arm , not playing for sydney plus mills

Handy out. That's 23 possessions and possibly a goal they'll have to find elsewhere.

Whilst I agree that Tomlinson was awful last week, who are the talls that will go up against McDonald, McLean and Armatey if we leave Tomo out?

• Like 2

Geez can't believe i am reading blokes want T Mac of all people in for Tomo LOL

T Mac is COOKED and should never get a game

Marty Hore should be in front of T Mac

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Against a very tall Swans team i would go with this for Round 1

B - McVee, May, Hore

HB - Rivers, Lever, Salem

C - Langdon, Viney, Windsor/Hunter

HF - Neal-Bullen, Schache/Fullerton, Billings

F - Fritsch, van Rooyen, Chandler

Ruck - Gawn, Petracca, Sparrow

Int - Oliver, Woewodin, Bowey, Spargo

23rd - Tomlinson/Hore/Fullerton/Schache/Windsor/Hunter

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SthSea22 said:

Geez can't believe i am reading blokes want T Mac of all people in for Tomo LOL

T Mac is COOKED and should never get a game

Marty Hore should be in front of T Mac

Premiership player show some respect. He's better than Tomlinson.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

16 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

TMAC is not the answer and unfortunately well past it. You can say "pay respect" etc however if he is playing at CHB, we are in huge trouble.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I love TMac he has been a great servant of the club and I would love to see him back in  his ‘21 early ‘22 form but failing that Tomlinson has to fill the void and personally I think Adam compliments Mayzie and Lever. Time will tell WERRIDEE.

42 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

FWIW, my order of preference is:

Turner, Hore, Tommo, TMac but I'll hold off until after the Carlton game to see if TMac has found some mobility, re- familiarity with the backline. Perhaps they'll have an extended interchange and play both or all three. TMac can also swing forward if desperate.

• Like 1

Its likely Tmac will likely be have to be re-swung forward again now with all the injuries.

As a backman I agree with the above. Its been many years since he played back consistently. Even then while he was great one on one in the air and competed well, his kicking was subpar. With how easily you can get burnt off backline mistakes these days we must ensure we have reliable kicks in our back half.

Tomlinson is a much better kick and competes so well one on one. While he's not too fast he can actually still turn a corner unlike Tmac who is like a train on the tracks. As a backman that's a big liability.

Its been two years since Tmac played in a premiership as a forward. Since then he's played seasons of 15 and 9 games. Last year he struggled to get into the side and even when he did was out of desperation for positional need and was one of the most disappointing in those two finals where he needed to stand up.

Edited by Young Blood
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

You telling people to “show some respect” whilst repeatedly insulting Tomlinson at every opportunity is a bit rich.

McDonald is a premiership player Tomlinson is nothing the sooner he is shown the door the better

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 4
  • Vomit 1