PREGAME: QF vs Collingwood

Demonland

1 hour ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Jack and Sparrow, hit men right in the two-way guts. May is overdue for some maiming, as well. Just call it 'mongrel' - even Kozzie can dish it out and Chandler could try a few moments of close contact.

Great, so Viney, Sparrow, May and Koz to be suspended…….Just beat them at the footy

• Like 1

Hibberd is cooked.

The last time he played on Jamie Elliot was last year round 21 and Elliot gave him a bath and kicked 4 goals on him.

Love Hibberd, but he's lost his pace and would struggle to keep up with the quicker forwards. 33 year old who would get shown own under thr finals pressure cooker.

I mean, no coincidence that Goody hasn't considered him much at all since he got beaten badly by Gary Rogan in his last full game.

McVee will get the job and do the job just fine just like he's done all year on the dangerous forwards.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 3

Nearly uncomfortable how confident I am heading into this game.

If we can kick straight I can't see Collingwood matching it on recent form

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

I want our team to physically hurt them early, set the tone for the night.

Totally agree..  need to be a brick wall ..need that wall to come down.on them..

Let them know they don't belong...any more.

This is finals...

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

The same feeling is what scares me. The Pies are great underdogs 

They're...umm..  favourites.....  😀 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1

2 hours ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Binman

What's the single most important thing we need to replicate from the KB match?

As I have expressed before in another post, the pressure at the source of Collingwood's transition game is key, in my view (see McVee,Salem and Lever).

We must win the territory contest at all cost!

Pressure

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Pressure

Yep

Teams that have beaten the Filth are the ones that stay in their face all game, give them no room and don't allow the overlap running.

Lose that and they go to water.

Brisbane did it (twice), we did it, so did Blues and Hawks. 

Edited by JTR
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

I don’t think they will start the game as favourites…..most believe the Dee’s will win. I’d say the money will end up on us

Tbh... i disregard the money on games like these.. 

Far too many obsessive filth...who'll lay down bills  😉

6 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I'm pretty sure I've heard or seen something official from the AFL that the decision was made that the Thursday night slot was always going to be given to the team finishing top as a "reward" for finishing first so as to give them the longest break should they lose their first final and need to play the following week. What I don't know is whether that's a bit of post-facto rationalisation once the AFL knew that Collingwood was going to finish first.

To be fair, it's a logical decision.

That may be the spin but we all know it's because they knew the Coll/Melb QF would be a sellout regardless of when it is played and the Carl/Syd game had a better chance of a massive crowd if on a Friday. It's always about the numbers for the AFL, they don't give a stuff about the clubs or supporters.

• Like 5
  • Clap 1
  • Sad 1

I don't know what's inside Petracca's mindset, but I do know my own mindset for the QF. I believe Carlton could and will beat Sydney. Therefore, I want Dees to send Collingwood to Carlton on Thursday night, and then have Carlton send Collingwood back to the Collingwood district a week later 😊

• Like 1

I’d love Pickett to go berserk and kick 5 or 6 on the night.

Re weather. Pies rely on quick ball movement and handballs. Good luck doing that in the rain. It’ll hurt them too. 

Last thing we want is a shoot out with them. The weather will slow the game down.

• Like 1

Grundy meeting Hinkley (and then getting caught out by reporters) with a huge final for the club 6 days away is a bad look and all it can do for the club is prove to be a distraction.

Naive (at best) by Grundy and selfish (at worst). 

Two people I know (who would know) have made comments to me that his attitude since being dropped hasn’t been as good as it should have been. I understand he is upset that it isn’t working out as planned but he should be mature and experienced enough (he certainly is paid well enough) to put the club first at this stage of the year and sort everything else out at seasons end.

17 hours ago, binman said:

Tell the pies tragic that that may be the story the pies are leaking out to the nuffies.

But the real reason they picked the Thursday night (which i think is true actually) is they know they are going to get beaten and are desperate to get as much time as possible between the loss and the semi final against the blues - which will surely be Friday week.

Many thanks.  I feel a lot better this morning having read your second para.