Kings Birthday Sold Out

Demonland

3 hours ago, Hellaintabadplacetobe said:

Same! They used to always hand out flags, we loved it!

We still hand out flags! Before the match starts little kids and big kids and even the biggest kids (adults) can come down and ask anyone in the first three rows of M3 and they’ll be given a flag or a banner or even a giant head. Gotta get in early for a giant head though, they’re quite popular. And don’t even THINK of getting giant Riv or giant Ed because unless you’re prepared to prise them outta the cold dead hands of two of our DA gals, you ain’t getting either. Believe me, I’ve tried. 😁

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

Fellow D'landers.

I am currently overseas and was planning to watch the game via watchAFL.com.au.

However it is a daylight robbery, 24 dollars for one week! (it's basically what I am paying for my monthly Kayo sub).

Isn't there anyway to pay "on demand" (i.e. just for the one game)?

TIA.

8 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

We still hand out flags! Before the match starts little kids and big kids and even the biggest kids (adults) can come down and ask anyone in the first three rows of M3 and they’ll be given a flag or a banner or even a giant head. Gotta get in early for a giant head though, they’re quite popular. And don’t even THINK of getting giant Riv or giant Ed because unless you’re prepared to prise them outta the cold dead hands of two of our DA gals, you ain’t getting either. Believe me, I’ve tried. 😁

What if you gave them 50 bucks? 

On 6/6/2023 at 10:58 PM, Dr. Gonzo said:

Same but when I take the kids they want the hot chips etc no matter how many snacks/sandwiches I pack 🤣

I catch the train in that goes past the Springvale market. I get of at Springy and pick up a Vietnamese Pork Belly roll and get back on the train.

At the G I then buy a crappy meat pie (tradition or bad habit) and a beer or two (for the price you pay you sometimes think you are buying shares in the company!)

At half time I eat the roll I bought. I love it!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Absolutely! We have flags of every size, right down to little ones that are perfect for a 3yo to wave. Your boys won’t ever wanna sit anywhere else. 🤗

Incidentally, I did something I’ve always wanted to do on Friday night. When everyone had left the ground post match and it was only DA packing up, I had a go at waving our biggest baddest flag, much to the amusement of our guys who btw make it look easier than it is. I didn’t take anyone’s eye out so I’m chalking that up as a win. 😁

Knowing you WCW, I would of thought the flag was waving you 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Fellow D'landers.

However it is a daylight robbery, 24 dollars for one week! (it's basically what I am paying for my monthly Kayo sub).

TIA.

Can you just download a vpn and connect to an Australian server and then watch via Kayo or the 7+ app? 

2 hours ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Fellow D'landers.

TIA.

Unfortunately youll have to suck it up, unless you want to add an overseas membership with the club and then you get "free" access. Ive tried with VPNs before but the geo blocking is pretty good. If you are in the UK its televised.

27 minutes ago, HarpenDee said:

Unfortunately youll have to suck it up, unless you want to add an overseas membership with the club and then you get "free" access. Ive tried with VPNs before but the geo blocking is pretty good. If you are in the UK its televised.

I am in North America, yeah I just feel I am giving my money twice to Kayo, just for one game! Absolutely pathetic to be honest.

I am always concerned the VPNs won't work. 

Anyways I guess I will have to ponder the next couple of days if I am willing to give the 24 bucks to Kayo/7 Network/AFL

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Fellow D'landers.

TIA.

watchAFL should be free for Kayo subscribers - I had the same limitation when in Japan at the start of the season.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ElDiablo14 said:

I am in North America, yeah I just feel I am giving my money twice to Kayo, just for one game! Absolutely pathetic to be honest.

I am always concerned the VPNs won't work. 

Anyways I guess I will have to ponder the next couple of days if I am willing to give the 24 bucks to Kayo/7 Network/AFL

Yeah no idea, it's a real doozy though. Might be best to go with WatchAFL or get on a trial for one of the better VPNs. 

9 hours ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Fellow D'landers.

TIA.

Nope... welcome to the worst streaming system in Sports.

PS Have someone check the price for you back in Australia. The site uses a geolocator and prices by reference to areas. US price is high in $US (probably haven't updated the exchange rates for years..just like the platform.)

Edited by Diamond_Jim

1 hour ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

I want my footy, damnit!!!! 

Kat, just last week, you know Skippy, our biggest 40+ year old kid in the DA, he got a footy from Maysie, so don’t give up hope!

PS never seen such a big manly man morph into a 16yo girl so quickly. 😝

10 hours ago, layzie said:

What if you gave them 50 bucks? 

You could offer them $500, still ain’t happening. Our diehards are nothing if not committed. It could be said some of us need to be committed but that’s a whole different Dr Phil show. 

24 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Kat, just last week, you know Skippy, our biggest 40+ year old kid in the DA, he got a footy from Maysie, so don’t give up hope!

PS never seen such a big manly man morph into a 16yo girl so quickly. 😝

I know, and I looked on in jealousy!!!  I may have to suck up to Rivs :)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Fellow D'landers.

TIA.

Yeah, I found that so annoying when I was in Europe earlier in the year. I paid the money in the end (and watched us get rolled by Essendon from sunny Belfast). 

They are literally gauging fans who are away for a couple of weeks.

33 minutes ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

I know, and I looked on in jealousy!!!  I may have to suck up to Rivs :)

Join the queue. (Please form an orderly line.) Have you seen what happens when Riv comes anywhere near us during warmup? Remember when One Direction came to Melbourne? It’s that x 1000. 🤣

2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

You could offer them $500, still ain’t happening. Our diehards are nothing if not committed. It could be said some of us need to be committed but that’s a whole different Dr Phil show. 

Gee $500 could get you many heads!

26 minutes ago, FearTheBeard said:

100 seats have just gone on sale in bay Q32 rows CC-FF, looks like another case of someone forgetting to put them on sale or Collingwood giving back member allocations in the ponsford

How do you know all this stuff?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3