GAMEDAY: Rd 06 vs Richmond

Demonland

It's ANZAC Eve and the Demons return to the MCG after two weeks on the Road in Perth and Adelaide to face Richmond who have lost their last 3 games on the trot. They will need to win over the Tigers to retain their spot in the Top 8.

GameDayRd062023.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Demonland said:

It's ANZAC Eve and the Demons return to the MCG after two weeks on the Road in Perth and Adelaide to face Richmond who have lost their last 3 games on the trot. They will need to win over the Tigers to retain their spot in the Top 8.

GameDayRd062023.png

Big game from Trac he's due to tear them apart.

• Like 4

Well both teams are on the ropes but we have this. 

As we bounced back from the Lions game, so too tonight, we will conquer again.

May we channel the spirit of those mighty men of Gallipoli that have shown us such great courage and love of others.

Lest we forget.

• Like 4

Just now, BDA said:

If our attitude and approach is right, we will win. If not, we could lose (if Richmond weren't so injury depleted, we would definitely lose)

We'll find out tonight.

If Max is in, we will win.

20 minutes ago, BDA said:

If our attitude and approach is right, we will win. If not, we could lose (if Richmond weren't so injury depleted, we would definitely lose)

We'll find out tonight.

Brought to you by "Melbourne Demons supporters weekly ponderings of 2003-2020" (tm) 😀

Edited by Engorged Onion
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

Brought to you by "Melbourne Demons supporters weekly ponderings of 2003-2020" (tm) 😀

There have been a couple of 2003-2020 level performances recently hence the reversion.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

I've had this nervous rash for years. 

I went to the doctor and he said it's called mfcss.

He said it's incurable but can be treated with a premiership and it will go away for a while.

......the rash is coming back

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

11 minutes ago, Brownie said:

He said it's incurable but can be treated with a premiership and it will go away for a while.

Have exactly the same thing.  It's highly contagious.

I try to keep mine under control by watching the 21 gf replay but alas after the recent lions and Don's games, I feel it spiralling into  full a blown episode. The anxiety, sweats, the googling of injury reports and dread is tough stuff.

It's not easy to live with but it's important to have support systems like websites to vent one's experiences, symptoms, triggers and treatments.

I feel for you Brownie and we are all here for you. May the Dees thump the Tigers tonight and we all go into remission for a week.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Brownie said:

You sure it’s MFCSS, Brownie? Sounds a lot like some other affliction. 😉 

• Haha 2

Like many Demonlanders, I have a galloping case of MFCSS, brought about by our insipid performance last Saturday, and not helped by the Casey result yesterday.  The remedy is simple!  Play the Melbourne way, with our ‘trade mark’ defence, intensity and contest work, and we’ll walk away from tonight’s big stage with our pride and reputation in tact ……….  I’m not prepared to even think about the alternative!

Edited by Deeoldfart
Typo
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

You sure it’s MFCSS, Brownie? Sounds a lot like some other affliction. 😉 

Haha, yes but those rashes cleared up once I stopped fraternising with Collingwood supporters 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clap 1

Anzac eve game is a huge game, I really enjoy the ceremony and build up to it. 
Being such a big game I have no doubt the players will bring the level of intensity and effort required and I’m very confident in the win. Having our captain back will he’ll too. 

• Like 6

Today is why I hate Monday night games.  They take so to come around and right now it feels like I've been stewing on the insipid performance against Essendon for an eternity.  All we want to know is will our hope pendulum swing back to "we're still a serious contender" or will it slip further into "we're making up the numbers and there's something seriously wrong".  7:25 can't come soon enough.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

My good self and my entourage shall commence pub crawling our way to the G at around lunchtime.

I am fully confident of enjoying a comprehensive victory tonight and, with that in mind, have given my Sportsbet account a jolly good  thrashing.

we’ll let you know how the game goes!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

GameDay on steroids right here. I’ve been up since 5am like a kid on Xmas morning. In terms of banner this is the biggest H&A match for the season. Every week there’s a maximum number of people allowed on banner crew (for the raising of it). That number is halved tonight because it’s a shared banner so half the spots are filled by the Richmond cheer squad. I'm proud to say I got a guernsey. I’m beyond grateful. Others who’ve had the honour tell me it’s an experience like no other, especially since we’re out in the middle for the entire ceremony.

I’ll defs post pics of both sides of the banner tomorrow or Wednesday in the banner thread, but I really wanna show a closeup of two elements without spoiling the whole spectacle of it in it’s entirety. The wattle is on Richmond’s half and the poppies are on ours…

0E5E9BBE-81EF-44CE-91C1-95F2B2EC71C3.thumb.jpeg.765b75128bb21d3de89fd4617b9aeee3.jpeg73653682-FB23-4118-AD24-1B237C7A7C88.thumb.jpeg.8de166d0efc767254ca2c654d099e825.jpeg

If I seem subdued (ie not my usual annoying, excitable self) that’s because I’m genuinely humbled by the opportunity afforded me.

PS:  It still looks weird to see Richmond folk at our site. 😁

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 15
  • Clap 1

22 minutes ago, layzie said:

Unrelated to gameday but is anyone going to the dawn service at the shrine tomorrow morning? 

I'm going to my local 530 am service here in Bulli Nsw. I have a few of my grandad's medals. He fought at the Somme. 

Can someone please tell me if it's appropriate to wear any of them?

My son has in the past but do adults who haven't served where them out of respect too.? Tx for any advice.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Two years ago this was the game that made the competition stand up and see us as real premiership contenders. The rest was history. 
Let’s hope today is the start of a beautiful 2023 campaign that ends much the same way. 
We’ve been good at best and mediocre at worse over the last 5 weeks. Time to start taking things seriously. 

• Like 13