What they area saying at Punt Road

Lucifers Hero

2 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

We won finals by a combined total of nearly 200 points. It was the perfect season. 

Yeah it was. But it didn’t look perfect every game. Far from it. No one would have predicted we would do that coming into the finals either. 

• Like 1

The tigers fans I know were reasonably philosophic about the loss. They didn't expect to win, but could (arguably should) have if they kicked even 1 or 2 of the 3 shots they missed when they were on top in the last. 

They were very happy with how their pressure and speed showed up, which really really hampered our ball movement

What the Tigers fans should be talking about now is how good the top draft pick is, but that they are going to get out tanked by Hawthorn.  At least they might be able to get ahead of Freo in the draft race - "oh wait, maybe we can beat Melbourne on that one!" Pitty the second and third best players in the draft are a crow eater and a sandgroper who love their mummies.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

What the Tigers fans should be talking about now is how good the top draft pick is, but that they are going to get out tanked by Hawthorn.  At least they might be able to get ahead of Freo in the draft race - "oh wait, maybe we can beat Melbourne on that one!" Pitty the second and third best players in the draft are a crow eater and a sandgroper who love their mummies.

GWS has Richmond’s 1st pick 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1

In all seriousness, I was rapped with how sedated the Richmond fans near us were all game.  A few started to get a bit extravagant when they got that run-on (umpire assisted) in the second quarter.  But overall, they weren't the most feral obnoxious supporter group I've come across.  Guessing they're pretty content with their three flags and are resided to knowing the time of thier current list is up.

Incidentally my feeling was that MFC supporters significantly out numbered RFC ones last night and / or were alot more vocal in support of their team.  Could make for a massive crowd at the Kings birthday clash against the Pies in a months time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Incidentally my feeling was that MFC supporters significantly out numbered RFC ones last night and / or were alot more vocal in support of their team.  Could make for a massive crowd at the Kings birthday clash against the Pies in a months time.

Totally agree with this. There were 84,000 people there, and we outnumbered Richmond supporters 2:1. I reckon the club would be thrilled with that - as they should be.

The noise at 3/4 time was incredible.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Interesting you say that, I was baffled and annoyed on Twitter by Richmond fans, upon hearing there were neary 84,000 at the G, saying they were all Richmond, and that Melbourne supporters were at the snow.  Like we hadn't heard that joke a million times before.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

24 minutes ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

Interesting you say that, I was baffled and annoyed on Twitter by Richmond fans, upon hearing there were neary 84,000 at the G, saying they were all Richmond, and that Melbourne supporters were at the snow.  Like we hadn't heard that joke a million times before.....

Shows how silly they are - too early for snow!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Clap 1

On 4/24/2023 at 11:10 PM, Crompton's the man said:

It would be interesting to know what they’re saying now 

my opinion - Richmond couldn’t play any better than that (save for improved accuracy) but Melbourne definitely absolutely can 

If their fans are realistic, they should have one over-riding concern about their performance: their best players included Reiwoldt, Cotchin and Martin. That's not going to happen every week, and certainly won't happen next year. If Richmond supporters want something to look forward to, they need to see other names appearing in their best players. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

They have to feel like they won something

I can confirm there were plenty of Richmond supporters there.  The aisles were full of them heading to the exits very early into the final quarter when we were less than 2 goals up.  Don’t let Tiger supporters claim they are thing more than one of the most fickle supporter groups in the league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Went to the game with my son and his two daughters, 16 and 14 and they brought a friend each, the younger friend is a mad Tigers supporter, her whole family are. She was really good during the game and bless her little heart, clapped and sang our club song at the end of the match.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

10 minutes ago, Dante said:

Went to the game with my son and his two daughters, 16 and 14 and they brought a friend each, the younger friend is a mad Tigers supporter, her whole family are. She was really good during the game and bless her little heart, clapped and sang our club song at the end of the match.

This is a form of conversion therapy I can support.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1