Ticketing 2023

sue

Just now, dworship said:

Need an allocated seat to get in. This is the problem I have at the moment as Guest Passes apply to a seating "area" not individual seats.

in that case what happens to the standing areas. they add to quite a number?

shouldn't they be selling an upgrade offering for standing only?

1 hour ago, Demongirl35 said:

My friends got a general admission ticket and unsure what happens now? Can they still get in with it? It’s so confusing what to do 

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/1333586/record-breaking-king-s-birthday-crowd-expected

From the article

"A limited number of general admission tickets have been pre-sold through Ticketek, these tickets will be able to access seats in the Olympic and Shane Warne Stands."

• Like 1

For those that have purchased a General Admission ticket on ticketek, there will be GA available in Q1-Q3 rows Q-DD and Q31-Q35 rows AA-MM. 

Please don't think you cannot enter the ground; this is separate from Melbourne GA members that need to purchase a reserved seat.

Melbourne members can upgrade to a reserved seat for $18, yes it is not great, but it guarantees you a seat

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dworship said:

I purchased a 3 game membership for our daughter at the start of the month as part of the Kozzie promo. While I was at it I booked and payed for a KB Redleg guest pass ($30). I rang the Membership team this morning as the Membership card has not arrived yet. They still don't have any advice regarding entry to the ground for this situation. They have been on the back foot as the MCG has sprung this on the Club and it caught everyone by surprise. If I have to pay extra for a "Reserve Seat" ticket I'll be annoyed but as long as I can get the daughter on level 2, I will do whatever I need to do.

Earlier this year a friend had the same problem and the club organised a paper entry which was collected at the membership office near gate 3 on the day of the game.  In addition, the digital barcode appeared in the mfc mobile app which could have also being used for entry. So under normal circumstances entry to the G is simple even without a card.

For the KB game, we just have to wait and see what the club comes up with re GA membership + Guest Pass.  I have two guests in this category for the KB game so am keenly interested in the outcome.

I'm confident they will find a solution that means we don't have to buy Reserve seats for guests (which I did last night to be on the safe side)

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Thanks 1

Only saw the email about, no GA entry available, a little while ago.

Went to the ticket site to upgrade my GA ticket and the GA from the 3 for $36 deal.

Got some tickets up in the nose bleed, Warne, level 4, BB.

So much for footy being affordable! 

Playing big clubs like the "boo'zers", is just uncomfortable, and pricey. 

Edited by kev martin

5 hours ago, FearTheBeard said:

For those that have purchased a General Admission ticket on ticketek, there will be GA, Q31-Q35 rows AA-MM

Are you sure about that? Oops, I see you mentioned GA bought on ticketek, not via the membership. 

The email sent said no GA admission. 

Screenshot_20230519_185129_Gmail.jpg

Edited by kev martin

14 minutes ago, kev martin said:

Are you sure about that? Oops, I see you mentioned GA bought on ticketek, not via the membership. 

The email sent said no GA admission. 

Screenshot_20230519_185129_Gmail.jpg

“This means that there will be no general admission Club Member scans for this match - instead all eligible members will need to upgrade into a reserved seat to access the venue. 

A limited number of general admission tickets have been pre-sold through Ticketek, these tickets will be able to access seats in the Olympic and Shane Warne Stands.”

The above is from the club website, says something similar on the MCG app.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Earlier this year a friend had the same problem and the club organised a paper entry which was collected at the membership office near gate 3 on the day of the game.  In addition, the digital barcode appeared in the mfc mobile app which could have also being used for entry. So under normal circumstances entry to the G is simple even without a card.

For the KB game, we just have to wait and see what the club comes up with re GA membership + Guest Pass.  I have two guests in this category for the KB game so am keenly interested in the outcome.

I'm confident they will find a solution that means we don't have to buy Reserve seats for guests (which I did last night to be on the safe side)

Says it all really.

For the AFL members on here, how did you go with getting KB tickets? Very happy with M16, since it's right next to the Melbourne members reserved seats I believe, and as far away as possible from the city end!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ben said:

For the AFL members on here, how did you go with getting KB tickets? Very happy with M16, since it's right next to the Melbourne members reserved seats I believe, and as far away as possible from the city end!

Premo spot! Good job. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ben said:

4 angry and feral demons in P25 with me, gonna be full of black and white and very loud. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ben said:

8 tickets in M19, got on at 2pm on the dot, seamless.

Will be a bumper crowd, I'd be surprised if AFL members isn't a sellout and MCC will be packed to the brim. Would be amazing if we come close to the Anzac day crowd.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

8 tickets in M19, got on at 2pm on the dot, seamless.

Will be a bumper crowd, I'd be surprised if AFL members isn't a sellout and MCC will be packed to the brim. Would be amazing if we come close to the Anzac day crowd.

AFL reserve already is just about sold out, only single seats Level 4 Back and Restricted view available with them selling standing room.

MCC reserved seating areas are nearly sold out on Level 4, probably another 3-5 days before they are all gone (Currently up to row AA in Q37-Q40 with Q41-Q48 sold out.

GA areas on the day I believe are going to be Q1-Q3 rows Q-DD and Q49-Q55 rows AA-MM. Expecting it to be around 86K

10 hours ago, FearTheBeard said:

AFL reserve already is just about sold out, only single seats Level 4 Back and Restricted view available with them selling standing room.

MCC reserved seating areas are nearly sold out on Level 4, probably another 3-5 days before they are all gone (Currently up to row AA in Q37-Q40 with Q41-Q48 sold out.

GA areas on the day I believe are going to be Q1-Q3 rows Q-DD and Q49-Q55 rows AA-MM. Expecting it to be around 86K

Should crack 90k

• Like 1

My daughter has been waiting over 4 weeks to get log in details so she can use her membership. Today she was given an excuse as to why it will take even longer.

What a joke, after paying $600 to be a member and then charged $10 for every seat which she is forced to buy and they can’t even send her details to her.

Couldn’t run a chook raffle this mob.

• Shocked 2

29 minutes ago, Redleg said:

My daughter has been waiting over 4 weeks to get log in details so she can use her membership. Today she was given an excuse as to why it will take even longer.

What a joke, after paying $600 to be a member and then charged $10 for every seat which she is forced to buy and they can’t even send her details to her.

Couldn’t run a chook raffle this mob.

Is this afl membership?