Jump to content

  • Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview  

  • Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview 

Membership Tally 2023


george_on_the_outer
 Share


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Hawk the Demon said:

You haven't followed the entire thread sir.

Great for the Club - good money - and I suspect the same for all Clubswas my earlier post.

Just looking for the truth (for us, the AFL and all Clubs) - I am sure George will get that from the Club eventually....

A membership is a membership which is a membership.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


I called the membership department and was told the 2023 numbers will be posted in the new year.

I mentioned in past years they started to appear on mfc website form mid Oct/early Nov.  The feedback was it is the marketing department who do the update and they have been quite busy.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

I called the membership department and was told the 2023 numbers will be posted in the new year.

I mentioned in past years they started to appear on mfc website form mid Oct/early Nov.  The feedback was it is the marketing department who do the update and they have been quite busy.

hmm…in basic english that means our member numbers are well down and marketing is hiding it! It’s the same play book we use re hiding injuries that might influence someone to not sign up. 

  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Wells 11 said:

hmm…in basic english that means our member numbers are well down and marketing is hiding it! It’s the same play book we use re hiding injuries that might influence someone to not sign up. 

I didn't interpret it that numbers are down.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

I called the membership department and was told the 2023 numbers will be posted in the new year.

I mentioned in past years they started to appear on mfc website form mid Oct/early Nov.  The feedback was it is the marketing department who do the update and they have been quite busy.

busy? what a laugh. they do have computers and it would be a 5 second query to get the number and a further 5 second job to update the web page. in fact the whole process could easily be automated. this is the 21st century after all.

too busy just doesn't compute

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

busy? what a laugh. they do have computers and it would be a 5 second query to get the number and a further 5 second job to update the web page. in fact the whole process could easily be automated. this is the 21st century after all.

too busy just doesn't compute

I felt the same.  After all, it was the membership department I called and if they don't have the latest numbers I don't know who does. 

I wasn't asking for the website to be updated which I can see is a marketing role.  The person could have just given me the numbers over the phone.  Having said that the person I spoke to wasn't very helpful.  The little info I got was like drawing teeth.  Haven't encountered that with our membership dept in the past.

Maybe you can try, daisy.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

I felt the same.  After all, it was the membership department I called and if they don't have the latest numbers I don't know who does. 

I wasn't asking for the website to be updated which I can see is a marketing role.  The person could have just given me the numbers over the phone.  Having said that the person I spoke to wasn't very helpful.  The little info I got was like drawing teeth.  Haven't encountered that with our membership dept in the past.

Maybe you can try, daisy.

They will only be able to give you the number if they in turn ask the AFL. All Clubs' membership data is held by the AFL, via Ticketmaster. Whilst you are dealing with MFC staff when you sign up or renew - the system it is logged onto belongs to the AFL.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

I felt the same.  After all, it was the membership department I called and if they don't have the latest numbers I don't know who does. 

I wasn't asking for the website to be updated which I can see is a marketing role.  The person could have just given me the numbers over the phone.  Having said that the person I spoke to wasn't very helpful.  The little info I got was like drawing teeth.  Haven't encountered that with our membership dept in the past.

Maybe you can try, daisy.

i'm not in any real hurry,  luci. i can wait till new year.

of course the membership person knew the number (at least approx). nothing to do with anyone too busy.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree DC and LH, do we have a Comms problem at MFC, interviews with new draftees, updated player profiles, membership numbers, surely Benny Gibson wasn’t in charge of everything. Could be staff turn/over, lack of staff- turnover, as you say computerisation provides instant information at our fingertips. MFC need to step up to the plate.!!

ps( AFL website hasn’t been updated for a while).

Edited by DeeZone
Added AFL
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Hawk the Demon said:

They will only be able to give you the number if they in turn ask the AFL. All Clubs' membership data is held by the AFL, via Ticketmaster. Whilst you are dealing with MFC staff when you sign up or renew - the system it is logged onto belongs to the AFL.

The person didn't say anything about asking the AFL so not sure that is correct.  It certainly hasn't been the case in the past.

Other clubs are showing it on their website.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

The person didn't say anything about asking the AFL so not sure that is correct.  It certainly hasn't been the case in the past.

Other clubs are showing it on their website.

Apologies for the detail, but best to be accurate.

From the Company Secretary:

'I am also informed that all of the eighteen football clubs that participate in the AFL
have a similar membership data arrangement with the AFL.


 When a customer applies to purchase a MFC membership product online, MFC's online
application process is directly linked and managed by Ticketmaster and all data is
uploaded onto the Archtics database.....

If a customer applies to purchase a MFC membership through some other means (for
example by contacting MFC over the phone or by applying through a third party affiliate)
then the membership data is still recorded into the Archtics database.....'

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hawk the Demon said:

Apologies for the detail, but best to be accurate.

From the Company Secretary:

'I am also informed that all of the eighteen football clubs that participate in the AFL
have a similar membership data arrangement with the AFL.


 When a customer applies to purchase a MFC membership product online, MFC's online
application process is directly linked and managed by Ticketmaster and all data is
uploaded onto the Archtics database.....

If a customer applies to purchase a MFC membership through some other means (for
example by contacting MFC over the phone or by applying through a third party affiliate)
then the membership data is still recorded into the Archtics database.....'

My comment was solely about your reference to 'ask the AFL'. 

I didn't doubt the comment about the AFL data base and Ticketmaster etc.  MFC staff have 'read' access (as a minimum) to that data base.  They also have 'update' capability because they have updated my info while I'm on the phone.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting I just looked at the membership department on the MFC site. With the exception of the lowest level memberships everything else is "wait list" so it would appear all except general admittance memberships are sold out. Not  so long ago you could buy any level and they were happy to upgrade you.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, old dee said:

Interesting I just looked at the membership department on the MFC site. With the exception of the lowest level memberships everything else is "wait list" so it would appear all except general admittance memberships are sold out. Not  so long ago you could buy any level and they were happy to upgrade you.

that's coz all the other memberships have a mandatory gfg attached, which limits it to about 12k i think

in turn that limits reserved seats to the same figure

only leaves ga options with no reserved seat options

membership growth will be difficult this year if they don't increase the reserved seat (no strings attached like gfg) numbers

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

that's coz all the other memberships have a mandatory gfg attached, which limits it to about 12k i think

in turn that limits reserved seats to the same figure

only leaves ga options with no reserved seat options

membership growth will be difficult this year if they don't increase the reserved seat (no strings attached like gfg) numbers

That would appear to be the case dc. at 60k+ the benefits of being a member start to appear slim to those uncommitted supporters. I would consider a higher membership without GFG to get a better spot for viewing etc.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


22 hours ago, daisycutter said:

that's coz all the other memberships have a mandatory gfg attached, which limits it to about 12k i think

in turn that limits reserved seats to the same figure

only leaves ga options with no reserved seat options

membership growth will be difficult this year if they don't increase the reserved seat (no strings attached like gfg) numbers

Thsts not  correct I have GA mship plus GFG.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, 58er said:

Thsts not  correct I have GA mship plus GFG.  

think you missed the point

reserved seat option with ga - but gfg is mandatory (in fact gfg mandatory for all mbrships with a seat. ie everything except plain ga with no seat option)

limit of about 12k gfg in total, therefore limit of 12k seats and already gorn

if you want a seat you are stuffed, and it is only dec

 

heard a rumour (very loose) club may be looking for more reserved seats possibly in nw area. if so these may be available for ga with no gfg? 

 

Edited by daisycutter
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let’s hope so DC it’s a great way to create additional revenue and customer satisfaction even if you don’t gain GFG.!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

Let’s hope so DC it’s a great way to create additional revenue and customer satisfaction even if you don’t gain GFG.!!

i wanted ga plus reserved seats for me and 2 grand kids

didn't want gfg for all 3 as the $200 for gfg was worth much much more than their tickets. In fact when you added gfg for all three of us it more than doubled the cost. 

in addition there are no grand final junior prices so kids pay full adult prices to go to the gf

and the gfg doesn't give you any discount towards gf ticket prices anyway

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/19/2022 at 12:57 PM, Lucifers Hero said:

My comment was solely about your reference to 'ask the AFL'. 

I didn't doubt the comment about the AFL data base and Ticketmaster etc.  MFC staff have 'read' access (as a minimum) to that data base.  They also have 'update' capability because they have updated my info while I'm on the phone.

I find the entire question/ comparison regarding "membership" numbers pointless. The only real factor that matters is revenue.

As an example; last year we contributed 2 x Redleg, 2 by 3 game and Silver sponsored a player. How many memberships is that equal to at Richmond, Geelong, Collingwood, Essendon etc? I don' know the answer and I don't care. The only thing I care about is that we are a strong, debt free, viable Club that doesn't rely on the AFL.

In a way I don't mind that we are portrayed as a "small" Club as that may help drive "membership". Ultimately however; it only matters that we remain strong financially. Yes, I understand that we still need to maintain a strong crowd at games but all things compared, would you rather 70000 members contributing $2million or 50000 members contributing $4 million?

 

  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/22/2022 at 3:21 PM, daisycutter said:

think you missed the point

reserved seat option with ga - but gfg is mandatory (in fact gfg mandatory for all mbrships with a seat. ie everything except plain ga with no seat option)

limit of about 12k gfg in total, therefore limit of 12k seats and already gorn

if you want a seat you are stuffed, and it is only dec

 

heard a rumour (very loose) club may be looking for more reserved seats possibly in nw area. if so these may be available for ga with no gfg? 

 

Hooray!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    TRAINING: Monday 30th January 2023

    PICKET FENCE'S TRAINING REPORT NO SHOWS JACK VINEY, MATT JEFFERSON, CHRISTIAN SALEM. Also Did not see ADAM TOMLINSON  INJURIES MODIFIED DUTIES MAX, JOEL SMITH, ANB, AMW,( NO 47 Not sure who ) and during training CLARRY ( More on this latter)  SKILLS , DRILLS AND MANOUVERS After warm ups and Run Throughs, players broke of into 3 Groups doing a variety of Close in Handball through traffic to hit clean target with players pressuring. One on one groundh

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Wednesday 25th January 2023

    DEMONLAND’S TRAINING REPORT Rehab Group: Lever (in runners but kicking the ball well and seems to be moving well), Max (not present), Melksham, Howes, AMW, J Smith - then later joined by the following not participating in contract drills/Match SIM - Brown, Spargo, D Turner, Verrall, Adams  Stafford was out early with Grundy & Verrall doing ruck drills.  White Guernseys: May, Bowey, Trac, JVR, Rivers, Sestan, Nibbler, Kozzie, Grundy, Hunter, Harmes, Fritsch, Laurie, Jord

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Monday 23rd January 2023

    WIZARD333'S TRAINING REPORT I went down and it was locked out for first hour but could see through fence then allowed in. Max Gawn ran laps — it looks like a 3 to 4 week injury. Andy Moniz-Wakefield ran laps. Blake Howes was taken off late as was on restricted minutes. Adam Tomlinson loudest on track and a leader - surprised me but won't be in best 25. Jake Lever on bike and walking up n down stairs, yelling out as he does. Melky copped a niggle so ran laps but

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Friday 20th January 2023

    TOUGH KENT'S TRAINING REPORT I journeyed out to Casey today and was fortunate enough to watch two quarters of match simulation. Here is a brief rundown of random occurrences/thoughts. First of all, there was no Jake Lever (ankle) or Joel Smith involved. AMW is still in rehab and was running strongly. It was Blue (Probables) v Red (Possibles) JvR was in blue. Ben Brown, T-Mac, Hibbo and Tom Sparrow were in red. Gus Brayshaw started at half back for blue and stayed there all game.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Wednesday 18th January 2023

    DEE ZEPHYR'S TRAINING REPORT Morning all. First time at Goschs for a while, there’s a scoreboard set up which I’ve never seen here before. Possible match sim? Williams yelling out to players to get their hands off hips during drills. Gus looks fine to me. Absolutely., first two mins of match sim and his kicking is exquisite on both sides. He’s moving incredibly well.  Some observations from a match sim drill that lasted about 15-20 mins. The purpose se

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Monday 16th January 2023

    STINGA'S TRAINING REPORT Went with a friend to watch training this morning.  They have 3 sets of temporary grandstands set up next to the rooms for spectators and get a good view of everything. Fritsch was the only absentee and J Smith was on the bike for the whole session. Everyone in their own numbers except JVR in 44,   Kye Turner is 47 and Burgoyne 33. Started off with goal kicking which has been described before. Then an agility routine where where they ducked aroun

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Friday 13th January 2023

    REDLEGS23'S TRAINING REPORT Got to training about 9:50 & headed off by 11:30. Rehab / Light Drills: • Jed Adams • Kyah Farris-White • Will Varrall • I think i spotted Joel Smith, but could be wrong. The above doing light drills. Andy Moniz-Wakefield & Trent Burgoyne doing seperate laps / runs for the whole session. James Harmes, Angus Brayshaw & Steven May all started with the main group but then progressed to light duties / laps for the remainder of th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Wednesday 11th January 2023

    WAYNE WUSSELL'S TRAINING REPORT Haven’t noticed Oliver, Petracca and Hunter, just about everyone else accounted for. Petracca here! J Smith striding out in rehab. BB taking lots of shots on goal after session marking in goal square v Stafford Younger players tending to float short passes to leading forward (D Smith, 33, 39, KF-S) while Petracca, Viney, Kossie, ANB shoot hard and low bullets Harmes, Verall, & Adams doing agility, ball handling JVR stand out in te

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Monday 9th January 2023

    DEESPENCER'S TRAINING REPORT The 4 unsighted Kozzy, Petty, Hunter and Oliver . Lots of players in different numbers making it confusing. Brayshaw mostly doing some kick to kick and repeat jogging with Adams and Verrell. May and Harmes were in more drills then pulled out for light stuff. Burgoyne, Deak and Joel Smith on light duties. Joel did some solid repeat sprints. AMW on the watt bike. For a solid period they split in to 3 groups. Group A did a drill from the half fo

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...