Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Perception of usernames

Skuit

2 minutes ago, Salems Lot said:

I remember being cool.....now mainly invisible.

Take some comfort from Leonard Cohen…

“You start off irresistible. And, then you become resistible. And then you become transparent – not exactly invisible but as if you are seen through old plastic. Then you actually do become invisible. And then — and this is the most amazing transformation — you become repulsive. But that’s not the end of the story. After repulsive then you become cute – and that’s where I am.”

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, 4_Kent_Watts said:

I had you at the top of the tree for liking extreme metal and hip hop as I'm a tech death head who likes hip hop but I think he's in front now. Just WoW.

Yeah other than meeting Janick Gers of Iron maiden, speaking to Trey Azzagoth after Morbid Angels tour in 92/3, Burton C Bell pulling me up on stage when I got stuck trying to get up to stage dive I don’t have a lot of metal stories, hung out with quite a few punk bands over the years. 

54 minutes ago, Mel Bourne said:

I always return to “Enter The Wu Tang (36 Chambers)”. It’s got such a dark, subterranean mood throughout, and just drops you into their world. It’s the “Exile On Main St” of hip-hop. 

I will just stick to “Exile on Main St”!!

A magnificent State of Mind from start to  finish”

F727CF92-409F-44B7-871D-8D36040DD9E0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Salems Lot said:

I remember being cool.....now mainly invisible.

Yeah, it’s weird getting old. I’m 44. I’m currently doing this program with people mostly in their 20’s and it’s really obvious they think I’m not that cool. It’s the first time I’ve really felt judged for my age.

The only good part is that when I make jokes about f*#king their mums they look terrified, because it seems plausible.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Yeah other than meeting Janick Gers of Iron maiden, speaking to Trey Azzagoth after Morbid Angels tour in 92/3, Burton C Bell pulling me up on stage when I got stuck trying to get up to stage dive I don’t have a lot of metal stories, hung out with quite a few punk bands over the years. 

Took my Old Man to The Rust in Peace tour 1991 then the Iron Maiden concert at Festival Hall. Pete Sandoval is who really got me hooked on extreme music. His drumming was so far beyond everyone I'd heard before. Seen Morbid a few times. I remember his snare at The Palace half falling forward and he still didn't miss a blast beat. Now every second drummer are killers. My only claim 2 fame in music is getting a mention in Bias Bs song My Melbourne Memories. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, 4_Kent_Watts said:

Took my Old Man to The Rust in Peace tour 1991 then the Iron Maiden concert at Festival Hall. Pete Sandoval is who really got me hooked on extreme music. His drumming was so far beyond everyone I'd heard before. Seen Morbid a few times. I remember his snare at The Palace half falling forward and he still didn't miss a blast beat. Now every second drummer are killers. My only claim 2 fame in music is getting a mention in Bias Bs song My Melbourne Memories. 

Did you ever get the privilege of seeing Damadged, Melb band and their drummer was insane!

Some of the best drummers I’ve seen are Dave Lombardo, Inferno, Frost and seriously one I can watch a million times over is Darkside, 

I encourage anyone who likes music to watch this drum cam, you don’t really hear the rest of the band so should be too bad for those who hate metal. I was at this festival and saw this live. Couldn’t believe how good he is.

1 hour ago, 4_Kent_Watts said:

My only claim 2 fame in music is getting a mention in Bias Bs song My Melbourne Memories. 

Idk if you can call it a claim to fame but I was in a Skyhooks music clip (for a brief time before it got banned). The song was “Women in Uniform.” I was about 11yo, standing at a tram stop with a bunch of girls (all of whom were much older than me) after school, in our uniforms, and didn’t even know we were being filmed. In fact, I didn’t know I was in the vid until the night my older sister was watching Countdown and yelled out, “Hey, there’s WCW!” My mum made me tell Sr Margaret Mary, our principal, who was aghast and who then promptly went about getting it banned. I was NOT popular with the other girls who were in the clip. 😬 

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 2

36 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Did you ever get the privilege of seeing Damadged, Melb band and their drummer was insane!

Some of the best drummers I’ve seen are Dave Lombardo, Inferno, Frost and seriously one I can watch a million times over is Darkside, 

I encourage anyone who likes music to watch this drum cam, you don’t really hear the rest of the band so should be too bad for those who hate metal. I was at this festival and saw this live. Couldn’t believe how good he is.

Pretty amazing.

Speaking of drum Cams I recommend people get a look at a Danny Carey drum cam.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, layzie said:

Pretty amazing.

Speaking of drum Cams I recommend people get a look at a Danny Carey drum cam.

One of the greatest thing to take from it is no matter how fast or intricate it gets the 4/4 beat never stops, no matter which hand the snare is played, and the fact he plays it with his off hand is great, the fact he continually switches is next level.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 12:56 PM, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I've always felt disappointed, even sad, for anybody too young to see Robbie Flower play. Having read this thread, I now have a second reason to feel disappointed. Anyone too young for Robbie Flower is also too young to know The Beatles in their prime. I've tried to explain the influence on contemporary music and the seven glorious years of Beatlemania to my children and they just don't understand. All the discussion comparing metal bands in this thread is rather like discussing the merits of Neitz versus Schwarz when Robbie Flower towers over them majestically.

My guitar gently weeps in sympathy down that long and winding road. Feel very much the same; the Beatles actually had the talent with incredible mystique that affected the whole world, not just partisan minorities. As for Robbie, it would be terribly bad fortune to have missed watching his talent week in, week out. There never was and never will be a another player on the paddock like Tulip. 

Edited by Deemania since 56
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Nah that would of been my Spiderbait, Cosmic Psychos. Hard Ons, Magic Dirt and Fireballs time. Was into a lot of Psychedelic Stoner Rock then. Being a black metal fan I hope you listen to Ne Obliviscaris. They're from Melbourne and my fave Aussie metal band at the minute. Opeth like. If you like drummers check out Kevin Paradis playing Nile or anything Benighted. 

8 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Haha I’ve met Janick as well. Met Rod Smallwood the same night. Both nice guys.

Here’s “me” with LG…RIP the poor bugger.

2E28FAFE-F403-41F7-8A3A-01777F36E136.jpeg

• Love 1

3 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Idk if you can call it a claim to fame but I was in a Skyhooks music clip (for a brief time before it got banned). The song was “Women in Uniform.” I was about 11yo, standing at a tram stop with a bunch of girls (all of whom were much older than me) after school, in our uniforms, and didn’t even know we were being filmed. In fact, I didn’t know I was in the vid until the night my older sister was watching Countdown and yelled out, “Hey, there’s WCW!” My mum made me tell Sr Margaret Mary, our principal, who was aghast and who then promptly went about getting it banned. I was NOT popular with the other girls who were in the clip.  😬 

You definitely can claim that as a claim to fame. You can even say that you've changed music clip history if the clip got banned. No-one else could claim that. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 4_Kent_Watts said:

Nah that would of been my Spiderbait, Cosmic Psychos. Hard Ons, Magic Dirt and Fireballs time. Was into a lot of Psychedelic Stoner Rock then. Being a black metal fan I hope you listen to Ne Obliviscaris. They're from Melbourne and my fave Aussie metal band at the minute. Opeth like. If you like drummers check out Kevin Paradis playing Nile or anything Benighted. 

The Hard Ons are still going around, now with Tim Rodgers on vocals. One of the guitarists in my band, Ged Corben, was originally with the Lime Spiders and later, with his brother, formed the Cruel Sea.  I’ve never been much into metal, but have a lot of time for Ministry.

Over the years I’d got to see Lemmy with Hawkwind (awful band), the Sensational Alex Harvey Band, the 101ers (Joe Strummers first band before The Clash), Kilburn and the High Roads (Ian Drury’s first band) and numerous others, but the show that stands out most for me, was getting to see Tim Buckley live at Knebworth in the UK… on a bill with The Allman Brothers and others.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, 4_Kent_Watts said:

Nah that would have been my Spiderbait, Cosmic Psychos. Hard Ons, Magic Dirt and Fireballs time. Was into a lot of Psychedelic Stoner Rock then. Being a black metal fan I hope you listen to Ne Obliviscaris. They're from Melbourne and my fave Aussie metal band at the minute. Opeth like. If you like drummers check out Kevin Paradis playing Nile or anything Benighted. 

Fireballs were amazing. One of my fav psychobilly bands.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Beetle said:

Haha I’ve met Janick as well. Met Rod Smallwood the same night. Both nice guys.

Here’s “me” with LG…RIP the poor bugger.

2E28FAFE-F403-41F7-8A3A-01777F36E136.jpeg

I was lucky enough to 12+ when the whole death metal kicked off so I remember and had (have) the first release of Morbid Angel, Entombed, Morgoth, Grave, Unleashed, Dismember, Vader etc

It was like every time a new album dropped it offered something different to what had come before it. Was a good time to be alive. (Still is!)

• Like 1

@Demon_spurs I love your avatar, the cutest little demon baby, and just wondering if that’s your child? 

On 10/25/2022 at 2:28 PM, The heart beats true said:

Yeah, it’s weird getting old. I’m 44. I’m currently doing this program with people mostly in their 20’s and it’s really obvious they think I’m not that cool. It’s the first time I’ve really felt judged for my age.

The only good part is that when I make jokes about f*#king their mums they look terrified, because it seems plausible.

the simpsons adult GIF