Perception of usernames

Skuit

2 minutes ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

It's possibly true of many, if not most, here, but it's particularly true in this case: you are a rich tapestry, @WalkingCivilWar 😊

Awww thanks (I think?)

Since it’s you Tim, I take it that’s a compliment. 

2 hours ago, Engorged Onion said:

@Salems Lot - what's yours a reference to?

@Webber - I do think of bbq's and cooking!!

Indeed - I do like my cooking. Not a naked chef though, but good food access the heart and souls of people. And when I was younger led to romantic encounters!

It is probably a bit of my latent cheeky side - most peoples head goes to a certain place when they hear the word 'engorged'...

The onion bit is a work reference... to peeling back the layers of the individual to appreciate their 'core'.

Mine is merely a Dad Gag referring to our wonderful #3 and the Stephen King novel.

Previously I was How?Jeremy Howe but sadly that became untenable

• Haha 2

@Nasherit's definitely Dean-ox. Nickname started in highschool and has continued ever since, there might have been a bit of a David Schwartz reference in there originally as well given my love for the Dees at the time.

@WalkingCivilWarsometimes I forget that's still my avatar, as it's the only one I've ever had. I had probably just read Clockwork Orange for the first time when I created my Demonland account all those years ago!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Mine is some of my initials. I thought, jeepers, ya dope, you probably shouldn't have most of your name in a public forum, hence changing it to not all my initials haha. Very boring story.

And good memory @Salems Lot.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Awww thanks (I think?)

Since it’s you Tim, I take it that’s a compliment. 

Most definitely! 😊

• Love 1

Yes, mine is a tip to all those MCC Officials (the Blue Coats in the old days), who stand at the gate preventing entry into the “members enclosure”, usually on the grounds of how you look. And, no matter how hard you plea your case that your collarless shirt or ripped jeans are state of the art designer fashion statements,  I have never seen one of them back down. “Call them what you will sir, those jeans are ripped…….” These confrontations have always made me laugh! My avatar, is of course, the great John Cleese, during his “upper class twit of the year” phase. “I’ll let you draw your own conclusions there!!!! Anyway, a brilliant thread for this down time between seasons!!! Go Dees

• Like 6
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, deanox said:

@WalkingCivilWarsometimes I forget that's still my avatar, as it's the only one I've ever had. I had probably just read Clockwork Orange for the first time when I created my Demonland account all those years ago!

And a horrorshow book, at that. But to viddy the movie!  For mine, the only time the movie is better than the book. Coz Kubrick 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Demonstone said:

My username is simply a combination of two of my greatest loves - The Rolling Stones (hence the Keith Richards avatar) and Melbourne Football Club.

Similar to this thread - always thought the Stones were singing about 'pistachio ice-cream' as a kid. Easy guess as to the song? 

Edited by skort

1 minute ago, Nascent said:

I always read @WalkingCivilWar as a reference to themselves being extremely uncoordinated, clumsy or injury prone. No offence 😅

All of the above, Nascent! 😂

So no offence taken. It is indeed a multifaceted username. 

• Like 1

Shout out to those who named themselves for the 57-year zeitgeist and finally took wing, and a name extension, on 25 September 2021 - @Longsufferingnomore for one. Any more?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, skort said:

Similar to this thread - always thought the Stones were singing about 'pistachio' as a kid. Easy guess as to the song? 

“Start me up” ???

Am I correct, SKORT

• Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

Shout out to those who named themselves for the 57-year zeitgeist and finally took wing, and a name extension, on 25 September 2021 - @Longsufferingnomore for one. Any more?

@Jaded No More  although she can sometimes still be a little jaded. I say that with affection. And I’m sure she would agree. 😘

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

@13thFlagIsComingneeds to update. 😁

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

The exact opposite, Loges. A pacifist til the end. In fact I was gonna change my username on February 24th this year, the day Russia invaded Ukraine. I didn’t like having the word “war” in my name. 😢

Yes I get that 

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, Call Me What You Will said:

Anyway, a brilliant thread for this down time between seasons!!! Go Dees

Isn’t it, though?!

I never knew the origin of your name. That’s so funny. 😁

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, skort said:

Similar to this thread - always thought the Stones were singing about 'pistachio ice-cream' as a kid. Easy guess as to the song?

Is it "Gimme Shelter" (It's just a shot away)?

edit:  No, it's not!

Edited by Demonstone
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, skort said:

I'm way too easy. 

I’m just glad I didn’t suggest “jeggings”

1 minute ago, Demonstone said:

Is it "Gimme Shelter" (It's just a shot away)?

I reckon mine’s closer! If y’ start me up… pistachio? 

A little off-topic I know, but since when has that ever stopped me, amirite?! 

One day I got to thinking about how if someone dies suddenly their online contacts may never know. To this end I had a convo with my middle son. I said, “if I was to die suddenly, don’t worry about FB, nor Insta, nor any of the band forums I’ve ever been on, there’s just one thing I want you to do online. I want you to tell my friends on Demonland that I’m dead. You don’t have to create an account, just log in under my account and let them know.”

He said, “so, to be clear… if you die you want me to log into your fan forum, as you, to tell them you’re dead. Okaaay” 😳

So I said “ok then, create your own account for the purpose. You could call yourself SOWCW as in Son Of WCW.” He said, “nah, I’d be Walking Civil Unrest, and he (points to his younger brother) can be Walking Minor Spat.”  😂

Yep, we put the FUN in dysFUNctional!

• Like 2
  • Haha 14