POSTGAME: Rd 23 vs Brisbane

Demonland

8 hours ago, Older demon said:

ANB was doubled over off the ball and I want to know who punched him in the guts. Surely there will be camera vision somewhere of the sniper attack.

I was there. Seems it was number 43 (some no name). Harmes spent a good 2 minutes getting stuck into him afterwards, then ANB did the same when he got up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Angry 1

Someone earlier mentioned in the thread 'rope a dope'. A reference, of course, to Ali absorbing a heap of punishment and taking all Foreman could give and then letting lose after George was worn out

A tongue in cheek comment no doubt.

But the way we lead out of the forward line, spotted up targets, created space, and broke forward efficiency records signalled to me we have plenty up our sleeves! Even some of the loopy kicks forward hit their leading target last night.

I remember when playing we had set leading lanes for our FF and CHF. We practiced them week after week. We identified set positions our forwards could run to and we had to kick to space.

As far as I've seen, we haven't seen any of the plays used last night in the first 22 rounds. Jackson spotting up  Brown. Fritta and Melk leading to space...

Maybe I'm giving Goodwin too much credit but I think he still has a few tricks up his sleeve!

Game on!

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, Davos said:

I was there. Seems it was number 43 (some no name). Harmes spent a good 2 minutes getting stuck into him afterwards, then ANB did the same when he got up. 

Nibs on his knees, vomiting is enough to fire anyone up. 😡 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dee-tox said:

Mighty impressive performance.

Trac was back tonight! Our barometer.

Loved the straight kicking.

Luke Jackson's best game since Gold Coast game.

Beating up Brisbane is a good feeling!

Clarry maybe a Brownlow vote or two?

BBB brilliant.

Hibbo's job on Cameron.

May' physicality!

Hunt great game for four quarters.

Rivers excellent.

And the Kozzzzzzzzy magic

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davos said:

Answerth

Would love to have seen the incident.  Hard to imagine the network doesn't have it as they have down the ground cameras.

Hopefully, the MRO asks for vision.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Vomit 1

Excellent game by Rivers.

A distinct difference to his past games was that he had so much time and space.  He has really worked on his 'composure' with the ball (lessons from Salem perhaps) and is so much more effective.

He went to Casey to improve his kicking.  He has and so much more. 

• Like 12

I was so willing Hunt's after the siren torp to go through.

Fond memories of the after the siren torp for a goal in the NT a few years ago.

He also had an excellent game.

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

You can feel that both Hunt and Melksham want to be there. 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, doc roet said:

Well folks, I've just come out of surgery or so it seems,  to have the middle lobe of my right lung removed because of a growth in the collapsed lung and my diaphragm piltrated (stiched down).

Don't want to bore you all with the ****ty stuff, but I must say timing of this operation was of not my doing. 

To my elation I was to be at the hospital at 6.30 am Friday to be prepped  for a morning procedure that would  likely last 4 hrs. So I'm thinking start at 9 finish at 1 gimee time to come around to watch the game. Didnt allow for the effects of the ongoing drip fed ketamine and oxycodone .

So to say it appeared as a dream is an understatement. In and out of consciousness but managed to see the whole game (I think) unless I have died and gone to heaven.

Hope all goes well with your recovery. Looks like the Dees played their part well!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Answerth

Would love to have seen the incident.  Hard to imagine the network doesn't have it as they have down the ground cameras.

Hopefully, the MRO asks for vision.

They won't, if it was a team outside the eight they would. But they don't want lessen the finals games. At best Zorko  will get a fine. 

53 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

We were really pulling for that one too, almost felt the same as that night in Darwin but just fell short.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jumbo returns said:

Harmes was enormous

Certainly was Jumbo. Was at the ground and he played mainly on our side of ground. Did a great job and just shows how fit he is when he played after 5 days. You people that thought this was a bad move, go and hide for a few hours.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Docs Demons said:

Certainly was Jumbo. Was at the ground and he played mainly on our side of ground. Did a great job and just shows how fit he is when he played after 5 days. You people that thought this was a bad move, go and hide for a few hours.

For all money the general fan would have thought Harmes was coming in to do the job on Neale. Bam, Brayshaw goes to him and Harmes plays on that wing and does a bang up job. 

For the goons who still think Goody can't coach, hi.

• Like 7
  • Love 3