CHANGES: Rd 09 vs West Coast

Demonland

14 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Eagles and Norf over the next two weeks

Potential to be danger games - beware their desperation

Rest Lever, mindful of covid protocols

8 points and move right on....

Agrees. If fit play, in niggle miss. No different to any week. Just as long as it's 8 premiership points who cares. Keep marching forward

• Like 2

Just now, WalkingCivilWar said:

van Rooyen (lowercase v, capital R) 👍🏽

To start a sentence? It changes between the Netherlands and Belgium. No idea about Zimbabwean-Australian. 

Edited by Skuit
  • Like 1

Just now, whatwhat say what said:

Perhaps these days, which is mebbe why they have not won a premiership since 2011 and we are reigning premiers and 8/0?

No injuries, no change

Yeah, they won a few more flags than us with the same approach. 

Our mantra is not to make any changes until we have to. I would stick to that mantra as tempting as it might be to change it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skuit said:

To start a sentence? In changes between the Netherlands and Belgium. No idea about Zimbabwean-Australian. 

Anywhere in a sentence. It doesn’t change. 
Tune in next week for “Overuse of hyphens and commas” 😉

• Haha 2

I'll be listening keenly. I love hyphens. An MFC man through-and-through-and-through.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nicko said:

If lever is injured then Tomlinson in for him

otherwise no change 👍🏻

But would he have to fight his way back through Casey 😱

1 hour ago, jumbo returns said:

Eagles and Norf over the next two weeks

Potential to be danger games - beware their desperation

Rest Lever, mindful of covid protocols

8 points and move right on....

Play very wide of the Eagles to avoid 🇨🇳🦠

1 hour ago, Skuit said:

Also, does anyone know if it's Van Rooyen or van Rooyen? And what to use starting a sentence. I don't know the custom for Zimbabwe. @WalkingCivilWar

Afrikaans I believe use the small van / von. 

51 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Hy-phen’s and apo’strophe’s are ‘so often mi’sunder’stood. 

Edited by monoccular
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Skuit said:

I'll be listening keenly. I love hyphens. An MFC man through-and-through-and-through.

How, do, you, feel, about, commas, though,?, Personally, I, don’t, like, them,,, I’m more of an exclamation mark kinda gal

How, do, you, feel, about, commas, though,?, Personally, I, don’t, like, them,,, I’m more of an exclamation mark kinda gal

It takes a lot for me to cop a ! Commas, on the other hand, I live for. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I reckon Gawn played hurt in the second half.  Hardly anytime on ball and a lot of the last quarter on the pine. Was riding the bike a bit too.  Might be a good time to let him sit one out.  He's got a big few weeks coming up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Swooper1987 said:

I reckon Gawn played hurt in the second half.  Hardly anytime on ball and a lot of the last quarter on the pine. Was riding the bike a bit too.  Might be a good time to let him sit one out.  He's got a big few weeks coming up.

Majak or Mitch, or Weed?

1 hour ago, chook fowler said:

If anybody suggests dropping JJ I’ll box their ears.

Jordon was fantastic today. There were a couple of plays right in front of us where his composure and footy smarts were on show. He can't of played 50 games yet either!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, illbarto said:

Jordon was fantastic today. There were a couple of plays right in front of us where his composure and footy smarts were on show. He can't of played 50 games yet either!

And he has released Gus to play half back where is in All Australian form

• Like 3

I'm not fussed if sore players are 'managed.'  Lever might be better off missing the long flight with his corky and Jordon was definitely hobbling all last quarter. I'm sure he'd be right for the game though if it's not a short turnaround.

49 minutes ago, Demonstone said:

Lever copped a corky according to Goody so hopefully his foot is fine and he won't need to miss any more games.

Goody is pulling your leg. 
Lever was visibly limping and couldn’t put weight on the foot. He hurt it and was taking lots of painkillers. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Everything I hear is that Lever by his own admission didn't come back fit enough post 2021, and (this is my own thought) he is paying the price a bit this year in terms of injuries and lack of continuity.

He is a very smart player and doesn't need to rack up the kilometres so has been a valuable contributor in games he has played despite the above. Even so, I reckon he would benefit by using the next couple of weeks to get his body right and get a bit of fitness back.

If he doesn't he'd probably still get through the year ok and be a very handy player for us - just not the absolute best Jake Lever he can be.

Edited by Chook

Not a bad idea to manage anyone who is a bit too sore this week, Worst Coast are at their lowest ebb and we love playing at Optus Stadium so whatever team we send out there is going to get the job done pretty easily you’d imagine