2022 AFL National Draft prospects: The next batch

Whispering_Jack

15 minutes ago, 12345_54321 said:

Brayden George won’t get past the 20’s let alone the rookie draft. Phillipou will barely get past Essendons first pick let alone our first pick. Keeler is a chance. Jefferson will be the likely for our pick 13. Emile-Brennan will be on the list as a rookie if available.

I don't think Phillipou will be available. I'm thinking Melbourne would like to get in front of West Coast and select Elijah Hewett. It sounds like we are very keen on Ed Allan. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Storma and Wiz said:

I don't think Phillipou will be available. I'm thinking Melbourne would like to get in front of West Coast and select Elijah Hewett. It sounds like we are very keen on Ed Allan. 

West Coast will take Allen with their first pick (8) or second which is the pick before ours after selecting Busslinger with one of them. 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 3:48 PM, Caligula's cohort said:

I think Hewitt is our best option at our first pick even though he is a WA boy. There is something about him that looks to be a star in the making and compliments our midfield so well. However I imagine West Coast will probably take him and Busslinger... as Gold Coast are by all reports favoured to take Ginbey. If all that happens, I would look to trade out our pick 13 + 37 and grab West Coasts 20 + 26 so we can take Brayden George and one of Lachie Cowan, Harry Barnett or Max Gruzewski. 

The highlights are favourably edited to be indicative of an ability to perform across all of a game, every game. That's OK with me but it does sway opinion and shift the focus. The things that stood out for me on the Hewitt reel were:

• he is a one-touch possession midfielder  - that would be handy but not essential for us
  • he is a good distributor of the ball across multiple distances, kicking accurately and well with both feet, and eyes up for a receiver

We have a higher need for a mobile, well-built mongrel KP, front or back. 

• Like 1

Rival clubs believe West Coast may pounce on strong-running midfielder Ed Allan with their first pick as other sides circle this year’s big draft bolter.

The Eagles – who hold picks 8, 12, 20 and 26 – have shown significant interest in the 194cm West Australian, who is the son of former Hawthorn and Fremantle player Ben.
But Carlton (pick 10) also likes the look of Allan, along with the likes of Melbourne (pick 13) and Sydney (pick 14).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, adonski said:

Rival clubs believe West Coast may pounce on strong-running midfielder Ed Allan with their first pick as other sides circle this year’s big draft bolter.

The Eagles – who hold picks 8, 12, 20 and 26 – have shown significant interest in the 194cm West Australian, who is the son of former Hawthorn and Fremantle player Ben.
But Carlton (pick 10) also likes the look of Allan, along with the likes of Melbourne (pick 13) and Sydney (pick 14).

I’d be happy if WCE choose Allan with pick 8 or 12.  It would increase our chances of Hewitt, Phillipou or Hollands being available which would be a huge win to get either of these 3 youngsters.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

I’d be happy if WCE choose Allan with pick 8 or 12.  It would increase our chances of Hewitt, Phillipou or Hollands being available which would be a huge win to get either of these 3 youngsters.  

(yesterday)

AFL Draft 2022: West Coast show interest in son of former Fremantle skipper Ben Allan

West Coast could swoop on the son of a Fremantle legend in Ed Allan with the club being linked to the big-bodied Claremont midfielder.

Allan is the son of inaugural Fremantle captain Ben Allan, who played 47 games for the Dockers as well as 98 for Hawthorn.

Rival clubs believe the Eagles have shown strong interest in Allan who has bolted to a position where he is expected to go anywhere between 10 and 20 despite stress fractures in his back limiting him to just five colts games this season at the Tigers.

Several clubs including Carlton, Western Bulldogs, Sydney, Melbourne and Greater Western Sydney are also keen on the 194cm midfielder.

• Like 2

I have just re-read through Kevin Sheean’s list of tall forwards / rucks and he has listed 27 players that fit the category which surprised me a bit. So TL / JT will have players available at each pick if that is the way they are tracking.!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DeeZone said:

I have just re-read through Kevin Sheean’s list of tall forwards / rucks and he has listed 27 players that fit the category which surprised me a bit. So TL / JT will have players available at each pick if that is the way they are tracking.!!

Over recent years, Gawny has freaked them all out! Ruckmen, ruckmen, ruckmen - punch in the back of the head - ruckmen - body slam to that knee on the ground - ruckmen - punch in the kidneys - ruckmen. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, adonski said:

Someone put their copy & paste skills to work please

The only mention of Melbourne, is that we like the look of Ed Allan at 13, as do other clubs with picks around us.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 5:44 PM, Demonstone said:

I don't think Luke Molan is an example of anything other than a draftee who had a dreadful run with serious injury and was never able to show his true worth.

Still searching for the funny in this post...

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Deemania since 56 said:

We have a higher need for a mobile, well-built mongrel KP, front or back. 

That's why I put Max Gruzewski as that target with our second pick. Plays forward and back, strong hands and a good size albeit on the lower height of a KF at 193cm's. I see a bit of Steven May about him. I'm sure Jefferson will be a decent KF who has been touted as the second best KF, but I rate Gruzewski higher, simply because he's ready to go, has that mongrel about him and can play both ends and he's fallen down the draft order as he was injured mid year so is a bit of an unknown. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Caligula's cohort said:

That's why I put Max Gruzewski as that target with our second pick. Plays forward and back, strong hands and a good size albeit on the lower height of a KF at 193cm's. I see a bit of Steven May about him. I'm sure Jefferson will be a decent KF who has been touted as the second best KF, but I rate Gruzewski higher, simply because he's ready to go, has that mongrel about him and can play both ends and he's fallen down the draft order as he was injured mid year so is a bit of an unknown. 

Good call. I reckon he goes around the high 20s. But I agree he’d be a great addition if somehow Gruzewski got to the Dees. Not sure we will have takers if we try to trade our way up the board.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adonski said:

Talk Hewett may not even go 1st round as per Heraldsun Superfooty podcast

Massive slider if true. Must have off field issues as on potential and some output shown, he’s a first round prospect. Big watch this space with him it seems. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Travis said:

Massive slider if true. Must have off field issues as on potential and some output shown, he’s a first round prospect. Big watch this space with him it seems. 

They alluded to him not interviewing overly well

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Good call. I reckon he goes around the high 20s. But I agree he’d be a great addition if somehow Gruzewski got to the Dees. Not sure we will have takers if we try to trade our way up the board.  

GWS will take him before 20.

• Like 1