Jump to content

  • Podcast:  

  • Podcast: 2022 Season Review & Trade Wrap 

2022 List and Contract Details


Lucifers Hero
 Share


Recommended Posts

Given Clarry's durability, he's every chance to break our games record now. Brilliant.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

 

image.png.00b252e7ff8583f91d72dc7724123f7a.png

 

Great work on this LH, really appreciate it.

Be interesting how we look at the remaining crop (other than Braysahw/Jackson) for 2022.  We'll need some extra cash freed up I'm guessing.

I'd imagine Baker, Bedford & Rosman would be on minimal and wouldn't save us anything replacing them with draft picks.  

There could be some savings in Hibberd who could re-sign on a lower base.  Melksham might be gone.

Smith and Hunt would nearly have to look for other opportunities now wouldn't they?  With Brayshaw playing wonderfully (and a clear priority) and Salem back, Tomlinson looking good in the twos as depth and Turner looking up to standard in his debut, we all of a sudden look fairly solid down back.

If the cashflow is tight, wouldn't be surprised to see both Smith and Hunt be released.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Want to keep Bedford and Brayshaw from this year’s list. I think thy might persist with Rosman. Will Hibberd go around for another year. He is a great player, I would like to see him have another year.

That would see 4 go. Smith is a political hot potato at the club. Don’t know what will happen there. Who knows what happens with Luke Jackson.

Edited by Thehardtackler
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

from here i see Baker and Meksham being in trouble, Weid and Hunt might test the waters but i suspect the rest of the senior group will stay on. wonder if the crows ask about chandler again but unlikely therefore he gets promoted on the back of his 2yr deal last season and maxing out his time on the rookie list meaning i'd suspect 2 live picks if weid and hunt stay on. Mbrown and to a lesser extend dsmith might be borderline expecting 1 year deals for JSmith, AMW, McVee, Hibbo, Bedford and Rosman. and hopefully nice 5+ yearsers for Gus and Dogga

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Deeko2 said:

Great work on this LH, really appreciate it.

Be interesting how we look at the remaining crop (other than Braysahw/Jackson) for 2022.  We'll need some extra cash freed up I'm guessing.

I'd imagine Baker, Bedford & Rosman would be on minimal and wouldn't save us anything replacing them with draft picks.  

There could be some savings in Hibberd who could re-sign on a lower base.  Melksham might be gone.

Smith and Hunt would nearly have to look for other opportunities now wouldn't they?  With Brayshaw playing wonderfully (and a clear priority) and Salem back, Tomlinson looking good in the twos as depth and Turner looking up to standard in his debut, we all of a sudden look fairly solid down back.

If the cashflow is tight, wouldn't be surprised to see both Smith and Hunt be released.

Thanks.

Your thoughts sums it up really well.  Maybe Baker goes as he has been on the list for 5-6 years and hardly played seniors and we have a few others like him for depth.

As Hunt is my equal number one favourite player, I sadly agree he needs to look elsewhere. 

There was a report yesterday that Turner is on the verge of signing a 2 year contract so will move from the 'rookie' to the 'seniors' list.

Chandler will also move from 'rookie' to 'seniors' as he was contracted for an extra year last year.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks LH it is getting very tight for spots on the list and we really need to top up on extra talls going forward.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Thanks.

Your thoughts sums it up really well.  Maybe Baker goes as he has been on the list for 5-6 years and hardly played seniors and we have a few others like him for depth.

As Hunt is my equal number one favourite player, I sadly agree he needs to look elsewhere. 

There was a report yesterday that Turner is on the verge of signing a 2 year contract so will move from the 'rookie' to the 'seniors' list.

Chandler will also move from 'rookie' to 'seniors' as he was contracted for an extra year last year.

I do wonder if Chandler will think about a move.  Toby has grasped his chances in the seniors better than Kade has, both good depth just curious how patient he is

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would give Hibbo 1 more year. Bedford, Hunt & Smith 2 years, Brayshaw and LJ whatever they want (within reason and cap) lets says 3 years. I'd elevate Turner and Moniz-Wakefield.

Delisting to Baker, M.Brown.

I would hold off on J.Melksham until year end to see if we need him again for depth. 

Not sure on others though haven't seen Casey play enough. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, roy11 said:

I do wonder if Chandler will think about a move.  Toby has grasped his chances in the seniors better than Kade has, both good depth just curious how patient he is

Interesting.  Adelaide were pretty keen on Chandler last year but he decided to stay.

He may think about it again this year with, as you say, Bedford getting games and Laurie in the wings. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2022 at 11:30 AM, Lucifers Hero said:

Interesting.  Adelaide were pretty keen on Chandler last year but he decided to stay.

He may think about it again this year with, as you say, Bedford getting games and Laurie in the wings. 

Luci Chandler is contracted until the end of next year I understand. After yesterdays game his value may have gone up. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

Luci Chandler is contracted until the end of next year I understand. After yesterdays game his value may have gone up. 

Yes he is.  And his value would be higher.  Chandler is one who might chase senior game time next year as we have a bit of a long queue of small forwards.

He was given a two year contract last year, the first as a rookie the second as a senior player.  We did the same with JJ two years ago and might do the same with 'Disco' if the rumours of a two year contract are correct.  It will depend on list spots and sal cap for 'Disco'.

For Chandler and 'Disco' we will need to use a draft pick to promote them to the senior list.  But these will probably picks in the 70-90 range so do not affect our other drafting.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another one bites the dust!!  Updated for 'Disco's' new two year contract. 

image.png.c20fef6287aaae68ad3da615d0c55a00.png

 

Club statement says he will stay on the Rookie list in 2023 and will be promoted to the Seniors in 2024.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Another one bites the dust!!  Updated for 'Disco's' new two year contract. 

image.png.c20fef6287aaae68ad3da615d0c55a00.png

 

Club statement says he will stay on the Rookie list in 2023 and will be promoted to the Seniors in 2024.

Love your work, LH.

One point of order, Dogga is missing the cup denoting his premiership player status. 
Small oversight, but important nonetheless 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, DemonWorshipper said:

Love your work, LH.

One point of order, Dogga is missing the cup denoting his premiership player status. 
Small oversight, but important nonetheless 🙂

Thank you. 

Ooops!  A bad slip up.  Dogga's premiership status has been re-instated🙃

I will re-post the Table  it in the next contract update - hopefully his. 🙃

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2022 at 9:24 AM, Lucifers Hero said:

For Chandler and 'Disco' we will need to use a draft pick to promote them to the senior list.  But these will probably picks in the 70-90 range so do not affect our other drafting.

Out of interest, if another club were looking for depth in those areas, could they select Chandler or Disco before us in the draft?  Or because they are rookies they are off limits.

  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, deelusions from afar said:

Out of interest, if another club were looking for depth in those areas, could they select Chandler or Disco before us in the draft?  Or because they are rookies they are off limits.

When mfc move them from the 'Rookie' list to the 'Senior' list they do not go into the draft per se, so another club cannot draft them. 

We do need to use a draft pick to promote them to the 'Senior' list, usually a very late round draft pick and they count toward our three minimum national draft picks. 

I'm not sure if 'Rookie' players can be traded. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lucifers Hero said:

When mfc move them from the 'Rookie' list to the 'Senior' list they do not go into the draft per se, so another club cannot draft them. 

We do need to use a draft pick to promote them to the 'Senior' list, usually a very late round draft pick and they count toward our three minimum national draft picks. 

I'm not sure if 'Rookie' players can be traded. 

they can be, when sam murray left sydney for collingwood 5 or so years ago it was as a rookie onto the senior list via trade

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was under the impression that Rivers would be trained up as a midfielder . Luke Hodge ex Hawks become a midfielder and what a champion he was . We have plenty of small to large defenders . If we go out and get a quality mid then Petracca could play forward. The club is partially responsible for J.Smith lack of progression and that is due to his constant breakdowns . If I was him I would ask the selection panel to play himself up forward . starting in the reserves . Getting constantly injured playing back will suck the confidence out of him. Vin Waite played defence for Carlton and became a handy forward for North. Tomlinson and/or Howes need to become another version of T.Mac in other words a "swingman". As a club we lack player versatility. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • 3 weeks later...

I'm glad Gus signed for 6 years. It was really bugging me that there was a gap for 2028.

Just need to sign someone until 2027 now. Hopefully Kozzie.

Edited by Nascent
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hibbo and Melksham could now be looking at being on board in 2023

Jackson ?? 🤞

Baker - probably delisted  (or trade to Suns/Lions for “a 4th rd pick”) 

Joel Smith ?? Might request trade 

Weid ??  🚀 

Rosman might get shifted to the rookie list to create the 3rd spot 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Update for McVee, D. Smith and Moritz-Wakefield contracted as A and B rookies respectively for 2023.

image.png.fb4f7c75536cf5cf2301fee4afcab1e9.png

It is hard to see many OOC in 2022 being recontracted (excl Jackson).  Note that Chandler will be promoted to the senior list at the end of this year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of players contracted beyond 2022 encouraged or choose to depart.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks LH great effort as usual, it is going to be a very interesting and crucial 7 weeks for us, the club and a number of players. I was rapt to see the three youngsters given another year to find their feet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Update for McVee, D. Smith and Moritz-Wakefield contracted as A and B rookies respectively for 2023.

image.png.fb4f7c75536cf5cf2301fee4afcab1e9.png

It is hard to see many OOC in 2022 being recontracted (excl Jackson).  Note that Chandler will be promoted to the senior list at the end of this year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of players contracted beyond 2022 encouraged or choose to depart.

Who comes to mind?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    CHANGES 2022 Part 03 by The Oracle

    Part Three - Comparing apples with pomegranates by The Oracle One of the truly pointless exercises after each year’s draft is the game over which club “won” the period in question. The reality is that there is no winner or loser at the time and it’s only years further down the track when a full assessment of how the picks turn out can be made, that the winning hand is revealed. And the draft results cannot be considered in isolation; you need to look at where each club stood before the

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    GRAND NEW FLAG by Meggs

    Daisy was at pains to tell everyone who asked that the grand final story was NOT the Daisy Pearce story.  She wanted people to focus on the Melbourne Football Club, our wonderful players and non-playing teammates, her legacy buddy head coach Mick Stinear, the assistant coaches, the Club volunteers, the Board, the administrators, #DeeArmy, all supporters, in fact anyone who bleeds for the red and the blue.  But it is also a bit about the pioneer, role model, mother who is Daisy Pearce

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    EYES ON THE PRIZE by Meggs

    The Stinear/Pearce partnership has evolved over the 7 AFLW seasons and they have built a team with talented, committed footballers who play for each other and execute a highly entertaining brand of footy. On Sunday can a premiership be added to this legacy? This may well be the last time we see Daisy in the mighty red and blue as she contemplates her start date for a coaching role ‘Down at Kardinia Park’.  Last week’s sensational sealer in the Prelim showed everybody that Daisy could s

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    DAISY’S DEMON DRIVE by Meggs

    On a blustery Saturday afternoon when the conditions affected marking skills and the ball bounced unpredictably, the Mighty Dees stuck fat against a determined Kangaroos outfit to break away with two final quarter goals to none to win AFLW Preliminary Final 2 by 17 points — an all-time high winning margin between these two teams.  From the outset it was a fiercely fought contest with Melbourne unable to find the ball in space. North really amped up their one-percenters an

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    NOT A MOMENT TO MISS by Meggs

    The AFLW Season 7 fixture was carefully crafted to purposely handicap the better teams and give the expansion and developing sides an easier draw.  Nonetheless, this weekend’s Preliminary Finals will showcase the Lions, Demons, Crows and Roos, teams widely accepted as the best 4 in the competition.   In Friday night’s Prelim 1 the minor premiers, Brisbane, will start warm favourites at home against Adelaide.   On Saturday afternoon at Ikon Park, Prelim 2 between Melbourne and North is

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    STICK TO YOUR GUNS by Meggs

    The Dees convincingly overcome the fast-starting reigning-premiers Adelaide to win by 21 points in a fiery Qualifying Final match at Ikon Park on Friday evening.     In that first quarter Adelaide jumped out of the blocks kicking their first goal inside 20 seconds finishing with 3 goals to nil. All was quiet at Ikon Park.     Melbourne, having easily outplayed lesser opponents over the past six weeks took time to ratchet up their intensity.  But, by mid to late first quarter, the Dees be

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    HEAVYWEIGHTS by Meggs

    AFLW heavyweights Melbourne and Adelaide kick off the AFLW Season 7 Final Series with a massive Qualifying Final clash at Ikon Park this Friday night at 7:10pm.  The game promises to be a cracker.   Last season’s Grand Final combatants last met in Round 1where Melbourne came away with a strong 18-point victory at Glenelg Oval. The Dees will be hoping to replicate the result and move directly to the Preliminary Final.    While Adelaide may not have been as intimidating this season as in p

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MISSED IT BY THAT MUCH by Meggs

    Congratulations to Daisy’s Dees on a huge 78-point one-sided win against West Coast in challenging windy and wet conditions at Casey Fields.     The banner celebrating Sarah Lampard’s 50 games was a victim of the wind, but nonetheless Lampy received a warm round of applause from the parochial crowd in attendance.   Melbourne has the double-chance and is excited about its chances in the Season 7 AFLW finals. If this means the Grand Final is played at Metricon and the Demond make it, then

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    LIVE IN THE MOMENT by Meggs

    The final home and away match of Season 7, sees the mighty Dees at Fortress Casey hosting the 16th placed West Coast.     A win assures the Dees of a Top-2 finish, with the ultimate placings dependent upon the previous night’s result between Brisbane and Collingwood and the relative percentages.   As our match is anticipated to be one-sided, interest may turn to monitoring the live ladder to see whether or not Melbourne has secured the minor premiership.     The Demons (Lions and Cro

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...