Grand Final Celebration at the G

Demonland

• Demonland changed the title to Grand Final Celebration at the G
1 hour ago, daisycutter said:

what were the white sheets draped over the l1 seats and upto l2, between the 2 small screens on the southern stand for?

Sight screens for the cricket.

These are used when the crowd is low (Shield Cricket) as it avoids the need for a sight screen attendant. Plus covers up anything that might be reflecting from the inner parts of the Stand such as catering signs.

The two small screens can be wheeled into place if necessary.

At many English grounds this area is permanently painted white and you can sit behind these little fences so only your head shows up to the batsman.

Edited by Diamond_Jim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Allus Monk said:

It was a sponsor activation, for Zurich from memory. 

They didn’t really have any signs it was a replica. I just managed to notice by a thing they had on their desk. I hope nobody was fooled like us

• Shocked 1

On 12/6/2021 at 7:39 PM, daisycutter said:

talking of missing soldiers, i didn't see paul roos or peter jackson on sunday, nor any acknowledgement of their part in the club's rebuild to a flag.......unless i missed it

I remember days after we won Paul Roos came out and made a comment about our win. Pretty sure he is in Hawaii still anyway. 

I think this board and CEO are focusing on the future ad not the past. Kate made a comment on Sunday that she used to hear Melbourne supporters called long suffering Melbourne supporters, she said now we are just Melbourne supporters. This is a new era and may it continue. 

On another note was Choco there on sunday? 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 10:55 AM, monoccular said:

I guess a conspicuous absentee from the past players was the guy who played 42 games between 1989 and 1992, first in #48 and later in #24. 🤭

Likewise, another conspicuous absentee was the guy who played 41 games between 1996 & 1997 wearing No. 23...:D

• Haha 2

Finally got my tickets booked in to see the Melbourne Demon's 2021 AFL Premiership Cup with my 72 year old Dad on the weekend of the 18th and 19th December and take some photos. 

Gonna cry a little...but only tears of joy! It will definitely be an emotional experience for me and my Dad. 😭

The fact that we have survived 57 years in the wilderness before finally breaking our Premiership drought is absolutely incredible. Just being able to survive as an AFL Club in 2012 and 2013 was an achievement. I am glad that we finally have those dark days behind us and we can hopefully look forward to more sustained success and further Premiership glory!

• Like 5
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, rpfc said:

Looks like the club staff stuck around for the best office Xmas party ever. Daisy was there, Shannon Byrnes.

And is that Darren Burgess on the left? 

Could be...a smattering of board members, coaches, players as well as staff.

A happy club.

• Like 1

Just wondering if anyone else bought raffle tickets for prizes on offer at the event. I bought seven at $10 a pop but haven’t heard anything re results. Two of the prizes were ‘money can’t buy’ experiences that were only applicable on the day, but I don’t remember hearing any public announcements while at the event as to the drawing of winning tickets etc. 

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Just wondering if anyone else bought raffle tickets for prizes on offer at the event. I bought seven at $10 a pop but haven’t heard anything re results. Two of the prizes were ‘money can’t buy’ experiences that were only applicable on the day, but I don’t remember hearing any public announcements while at the event as to the drawing of winning tickets etc. 

i did buy too , winners emailed friday  before last sunday , 3rd prize was 5 x200 merchandise packs

• Thanks 1

The cheering for the ex-players became noticeably ;louder when the Cup was handed to the Ox and the Wiz.

I know he could not be there (surely) due to quarantine rules but the applause would have been even louder still for Jako.

That said, his interview after the game is legendary.

• Like 2

Where I was sitting, after Clarrie kicked that goal a lot of folks stood up and pointed a finger to the sky and it kinda went eerily quiet. What an experience!

2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Where I was sitting, after Clarrie kicked that goal a lot of folks stood up and pointed a finger to the sky and it kinda went eerily quiet. What an experience!

Out of reverence for a biblical-level devastation, before their very eyes. These things only happen in books!

• Love 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.