• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Daniel Bell

Dappa Dan

Right. I love demonland, and ordinarily I wouldn't dream of telling anyone what to think, but I've come on here to absolutely smack some of you closed-minded, trolling little children into submission. And I'm doing it because you deserve it with some of the garbage you've written on here.

Daniel Bell is a good player, and could be a sensational defender at MFC.

- He's played 2 good games where many of his team-mates couldn't bring 1. Admittedly last weeks game was below par, but above the average for MFC on the day.

- He is a sensational kick, particularly under pressure where he seems to find a target's chest at 40 metres while being bumped.

- He's lightning fast, and has been using his pace lately to great effect.

- He's hard at it, doesn't mind the body-on-body stuff, loves to play close-checking then run off his opponent. What more could you ask for from a defender than to play accountable high possession defensive footy?

- He's fit as all buggery and reputedly works as hard as anyone at MFC.

- The one, weak-as-[censored] criticism you can bring to his game has shown very little sign of rearing its ugly head. His awareness. Kosi is worse, and still gets a good run from AFL supporters. Bate has problems in this area. Ditto Jamar. Bell has realised this is a problem and is working towards correcting it.

- Williams was well held by Bell in the NAB cup game, and wasn't given the job yesterday. Without a doubt our best smal defender of the past decade was given the job, and had a shocker. What does that say to you? He's beaten other guns like Chapman and Farmer...

Fair dinkum, the visitors to demonland are an embarassment sometimes. I can live with the criticism of players who just aren't going well, like Miller/Yze/Godfrey. These guys have limitations or have attitude/form problems. They're fair game, and while they don't deserve abuse it's ok to criticise, I'm sure they're prepared for it.

But Bell has been putting up FANTASTIC performances since his OP was no longer a factor. He plays a good game yesterday and all the closed-minded twits on here come on and start calling for his head!! Why? because they just don't like him... pure and simple. It has nothing to do with how good he is, or how well he played on the day. You've all resigned yourselves to the idea that he's no good. God knows why. You've been far more forgiving of Trav and Sylvia, who've taken longer with more talent.

He's going to be a ripping defender. He has EVERY attribute you need, and best of all he plays the role to perfection. Perhaps he has some bad luck or bad form some time in the future. We all know what will happen then, everyone will say he's crap, always has been, and drop him.

All you hack football supporters need to pull your heads in and give this guy AN OPEN - MINDED CHANCE!!!

Don't make me come back here with a large stick. I'm prepared to use it...

Dan, I agree with most of what you say.

I love Belly, his attitude and commitment. Like you say he is quick, brave and has good skills. I think not only will he be a solid player for us, he is the sort of leader we are looking for.

That said, I am not a fan of playing him in the back line, he goes OK, but I think he would be much better utilised in the midfield as a run with player in the Brad Sewell mould. That's just my opinion - put him in the game and use his assets.

Dan, I agree with most of what you say.

I love Belly, his attitude and commitment. Like you say he is quick, brave and has good skills. I think not only will he be a solid player for us, he is the sort of leader we are looking for.

That said, I am not a fan of playing him in the back line, he goes OK, but I think he would be much better utilised in the midfield as a run with player in the Brad Sewell mould. That's just my opinion - put him in the game and use his assets.

I'm an unashamed fan of Bell and would also like to see him spend more time in the midfield Graz. We do see to be in the minority of opinion on this one though

Bless your cotton socks Dan!

Sometimes I think I'm the only one around here who actually sees Belly for what he truely is, a great player with loads of potential. Rock on Belly! :)

P.S.- midfield for me too, just as long as Wheels finds some form.

Bless your cotton socks Dan!

Sometimes I think I'm the only one around here who actually sees Belly for what he truely is, a great player with loads of potential. Rock on Belly! :)

P.S.- midfield for me too, just as long as Wheels finds some form.

I have to agree.

I thought Bell was good. His disposal under pressure really impressed me and I also see him as more of a midfielder.

Interesting. the reason I don't get on Belly's case as a midfielder is because we've got a fair few of those already. Our small defenders, or defender as it were, are thin on the ground. When wrecker finally hangs up the boots I want to have another small back that is on the list in pen, not pencil. Honestly I don't reckon we can afford to let Belly out of the defensive third for anything more than a quarter a game. We're leaky enough as it is.

Best? Really? Wow. What about Wrecker? Do you consider Bell a mid-height and Whelan a small?

OH THANKGOD!

Finally! Somone else who thinks Bell is good. he has his moments with his awareness, and often second guesses himself but he's always in there working his butt off for the red and blue and that there is the makings of a true great footy player.. the ability to, even when you're having a bad game, to keep working at it. Maybe Bell should do some talking to Davey and Johnstone about that!

Bell is a defender, and always has been. i dont think its a good idea to move him too far out of position, however in circumstances such as yesterday, especially in that 4th quarter resurgance, i would've liked to see Daniher let him run forward a bit more and i personally cant wait for the day when he gets that first goal on the board!!

Keep going Belly... there are plenty of people who think you're fantastic!

That's what I thought. And you're probably right given that Belly lined up on Dixon at the start. In my mind it's the Wheatleys and CJs of this world that are mid-heights. You know... the guys that lope around the field that are juuuust short of 190cm?

Dappa Dan as usual a top post.

Can someone please explain to me why bell wasn't given a shot at williams. williams doesn't play as a crumbing forward but rather as a leading player, and bell is arguably the fastest player on our list, and could match him on the lead. completely befuddled me that he wasn't give a shot at all on him

He's going to be a ripping defender. He has EVERY attribute you need,

You forgot to add 'guts'.

Lats 1/4 he was the only defender 20 m from hawthorn's goal who seemed to realise we needed fast run out of defence.

takes on 2 Hawks with his pace, sides step a 3rd, and then lets go with a solid 50 m pass to half forward.

I forget what happened, but that was the sign of someone who decided to DO something.

Dappa Dan as usual a top post.

Can someone please explain to me why bell wasn't given a shot at williams. williams doesn't play as a crumbing forward but rather as a leading player, and bell is arguably the fastest player on our list, and could match him on the lead. completely befuddled me that he wasn't give a shot at all on him

He was moved onto Williams after Wheels gave him another charity goal by diving on his back.

Can someone please explain to me why bell wasn't given a shot at williams.

bell is arguably the fastest player on our list

You have to give wrecker first shot on the small forward, he's the senior defender and is in his prime. All things being equal I always back in wrecker at this stage, he's more than earned it. What's frustrating is that after those 4 goals he kicked, Bell was thrown on him as an afterthought. For every game that Bell plays better than Whelan, Whelan would play 2 better than Bell. Champion MFC player.

Very arguably. Davey? But yeah. I see what you mean, especially yesterday. He's Ward with a decent kick and accountability. I've been watching people sling crap on him for a couple of years now, and how they don't get EXCITED by him is beyond me.

I suppose it seems silly to sing a player's praises in the light of such demoralising losses. But if you're going to tear strips off Trav, Davey and others you must be bale to do the opposite when a player deserves praise, otherwise what are you? A troll.

Very arguably. Davey? But yeah. I see what you mean, especially yesterday.

in a 'on the lead' sense. devey would beat him over 30 metres, but bell would match him over the longer distance, hell yesterday franklin tore davey a new one, and it took such an incident to spark davey into one of his chases.

I will be the only to disagree about bell but i find it interesting that DD you told people not to get too harsh on Bell. I think he deserves the pressure unlike many 'bate bashing' comments, a player who has done very well. I'm not going to start ranting as to y i don't like Bell, that's been done in other posts but i will say that unlike some, i have little confidence in him.

I must admit I got a little bit lost in there, but I think I get your point occo. Fair enough.

I reckon it's ok to be sceptical about him, so long as you open your mind enough for him to be given a chance to prove himself. If he goes on to cost us games, gets dropped and generally becomes a depth player then is delisted or traded, then fine... I'll throw myself at your mercy. But if I'm right mate, I'll be barking up your tree, don't you worry about that!

Now let me bookmark this thread so I can retrieve it in 3 years time...

goign to be a great defender? i thin khe already is a great defender. Ive been a big fan for a long time now....

infact i would like to see him start in the middle next week. With Sylvia and Brock out we really need some tough hard clearence winning ability in the center. Jones and JMac cant do it all. Give belly a shot in there at least as part of the rotation....his work in close could prove very handy.

infact i would like to see him start in the middle next week. With Sylvia and Brock out we really need some tough hard clearence winning ability in the center. Jones and JMac cant do it all. Give belly a shot in there at least as part of the rotation....his work in close could prove very handy.

I'd like to see him go with Chapman, be it up forward or in the middle.

He always tears us apart, but I think Belly can match him in toughness and speed, plus we'll get to see a bit of Belly in the midfield that way.

Master Demon

Right. I love demonland, and ordinarily I wouldn't dream of telling anyone what to think, but I've come on here to absolutely smack some of you closed-minded, trolling little children into submission. And I'm doing it because you deserve it with some of the garbage you've written on here.

Fantastic, best thread I 've seen in a long time and probably there are other players who deserve the attention you could give them in contrast to the continuous criticism by other members. Keep up the good work.

I'd like to see him go with Chapman, be it up forward or in the middle.

He always tears us apart, but I think Belly can match him in toughness and speed, plus we'll get to see a bit of Belly in the midfield that way.

I'll put a buck or two on that idea.. I often think Danners plans get a little too regimented...and possibly changing up a bit to a more fluid game plan..and by fluid I mean allowing the role to move with the need. Sometimes defense is more about the man than the paddock he patrols.. Bell is an 'intelligent' player.. he should be given the largaise to go with the role. yep id be happy to see Belly on Chapman... i think he would eat him :-)

I know it's pretty easy to say now, but I've always rated Bell.

His physical attributes (Strength, speed) are excellent and his footskills are very good. He is also very hard at it and accountable.

I personally think he should move into the midfield more (As it has already been said) as he would be a good tagger, as not many players will run away from him or outmuscle him.