• Podcast: 2021 Season Review  

• Podcast: 2021 Season Review  

London Demons

Batmark

• Demonland changed the title to Watching the Game Overseas

14 minutes ago, 1 red eye 1 blue eye said:

Wondering if there are any Melbourne supporters there in London? My daughter and boyfriend are looking to hopefully link up with some Dees and watch the game together. Cheers 

Good luck mate.

Hope you have a big crowd but for goodness sake, stay away from Fosters....

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BritishDemonFan said:

I’m just outside London, I’m probably going to watch the game at home but I do know Belushi’s are a chain of sports bars that are popular with Aussies and are definitely showing the Grand Final. There’s 4/5 all over London to my knowledge. Hopefully that’s helpful.

Belushi's also showing it in Paris (near Gare du Nord if anyone's around). Need to book apparently.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Just had a look online Faulty. The Clapham Grand is showing it on a big screen as is Jetlag Bar in Fitzrovia. 

Was sure you were taking the [censored] until I Googled both.

Nice work.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BritishDemonFan said:

I’m just outside London, I’m probably going to watch the game at home but I do know Belushi’s are a chain of sports bars that are popular with Aussies and are definitely showing the Grand Final. There’s 4/5 all over London to my knowledge. Hopefully that’s helpful.

When I was in Shepherds Bush Belushi’s in ‘18 there was a fair contingent of Dees fans watching the elimination and semi. The Prelim was on at a shocking time and I was away for work so not sure if they showed it. But anyone near W12 I can recommend them. 

Challenge laid down to Dees fans in London, get as many shots of iconic landmarks with red and blue on them? (Or near them, don’t want anyone getting arrested!)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Pates said:

When I was in Shepherds Bush Belushi’s in ‘18 there was a fair contingent of Dees fans watching the elimination and semi. The Prelim was on at a shocking time and I was away for work so not sure if they showed it. But anyone near W12 I can recommend them. 

Challenge laid down to Dees fans in London, get as many shots of iconic landmarks with red and blue on them? (Or near them, don’t want anyone getting arrested!)

The only MFC merchandise I brought when I moved to the UK was a 2007 scarf.

view from Greenwich Park

6C7BFF1B-4F06-4B54-923D-2B0FDA8F04FF.thumb.jpeg.deff3ea1aacb646688e3a14c85371c7d.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Love 2

I live in Highgate north London, and have a couple of times over the last few weeks worn the red  and blue scarf on the tube on the way to and from work.  Hoping someone would notice ! No one yet! 

I’ll watch the GF at home ….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mach5 said:

Surely they’re playing it at the Redback or Shepherds Bush Walkabout. Even a Slug & Lettuce.

The ole sluts and legless?  Wow, they were the days.  I love London.  Best city on Earth (when pandemic free).  CARN THE DEMONS!!!

Edited by pinkshark

I’m in London too, (south east) but will be watching at home with my 8 year old son who I’ve somehow managed to raise to love the dees as much as I do, despite growing up over here. 5yo daughter is less interested, although she does love big Max! 

Very tempted to go to a pub, but 8yo is desperate to watch so have decided to stay home.

Like everyone, will be bittersweet if we do get over the line not being there with friends and family I grew up going to the footy with, but will be able to celebrate with the kids here and maybe go out for a special family dinner if we win. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

THE TRADING CHRONICLES 2021 by Whispering Jack

MUCH ADO ABOUT NOT MUCH The 2021 Free Agency and Trade Periods were billed by Fox Footy as promising a “period like no other and that certainly proved correct but not for the reasons that Network spin suggested when promoting its daily program of news from the trade desk. The truth is that the football public has endured an uneventful and forgettable fortnight unless you perhaps, happen to be a Carlton or a Hawthorn fan. The Blues managed to pick up the biggest name of the trade peri

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

THE APPRENTICE by Whispering Jack

Melbourne Next Generation Academy prospect Mac Andrew has had a meteoric rise in the eyes of many track watchers who follow the fortunes of football talent at the elite level. So much so that under the AFL's new rules which prohibit clubs from matching bids on their NGA players within the first 20 selections, there’s a widely held perception that Andrew is falling out of the club’s grasp.   Despite being buoyed by the Demons’ drought-breaking premiership, some fans are showing their a

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 3

OUR GRAND OLD FLAG by George On The Outer

When an AFL Grand Final approaches, supporters look for omens to help them foresee how their team will fare in the contest.   Melbourne supporters were, until just before Saturday’s opening bounce, the best in the business at looking for positives to give them hope and direction - a natural feeling after 57 years in the wilderness. So when the Bulldogs’ streamers kept slipping from the handle of the Premiership Cup as Glen Jackovich delivered it to Optus Stadium, they wondered whether it

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

THE ICING ON THE QUAKE by Whispering Jack

It’s not Christmas yet but if the Melbourne wins its last game of the 2021 season, then many of its fans will be celebrating early. There already are some parts of our town where the pending festivity is preordained. Houses are decked out with red and blue banners and streamers, some of which appeared as early as last Saturday week, on the morning after the Demons’ magnificent 83-point crushing of Geelong in their preliminary final at Optus Stadium. While it’s great to see the numbers of lo

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

CAT SKINNING by George On The Outer

When they defeated the Geelong Cats in the 2021 AFL Preliminary Final on Friday night in Perth, Melbourne proved that there is more than one way to skin those cats.  They did it in the ruck and in the middle, they did it in the forward line, they did it in defence and around the ground, but importantly, each and every player a Demon guernsey spent his night at Optus Stadium skinning an opponent. Following the after-the-siren win against Geelong in Round 23, there was an expectation of

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

THE POINTY END by The Oracle

The AFL’s two oldest clubs, Melbourne and Geelong, face off on Friday evening in a sudden death Preliminary Final. It’s a game that promises plenty in terms of fascination and intrigue as a result of the rivalry that’s been building between the teams over recent encounters that have been tight struggles which have gone to the wire with two of them decided by after-the-siren goals. The added touch of mystery attached to this week’s meeting comes by virtue of the fact that it’s going to take

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

THE VFL YEAR THAT NEVER WAS by KC from Casey

The rising case numbers and the continuing lockdowns in Victoria and NSW spelled doom for the 2021 VFL season which went through a slow, painful demise before its recent official cancellation. After weeks of indecision, the AFL decided to pull the plug on the season with the 10-0 Bulldogs recognised as minor premier, but without a premiership cup and without awarding the J.J. Liston Medal for the best and fairest VFL player. It was somewhat fortuitous for the integrity of the competition th

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

TAMING THE LIONS by George On The Outer

With nine finals debutants in the side, the Melbourne Football Club had a daunting assignment ahead of it in the First Qualifying Final — to overcome the competition’s highest scoring side, the Brisbane Lions. In the end, the Demons accomplished the task by putting the bite on their opponents on their way to taming the Lions and recording a 33 point win that propelled them into one the two Preliminary Finals of 2021.   It was one of those debutants, Luke Jackson, who put the bite in more

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

RETURN TO NEVERLAND by Whispering Jack

The greatest Demon A HIGHWAY OF DEMONS by Whispering Jack CHAPTER SIXTEEN - RETURN TO NEVERLAND  I have a six year old grandson who recently took up the family tradition of following the Demons. He had his first taste of the game a few years ago when he went to the “G” with his parents to watch the 107-point massacre of Carlton and he went to another game in the following season which was also a W for the Dees. But his appetite for the club has grown exponentially this year and wh

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 13

METAMORPHOSIS by Whispering Jack

I’ve always believed that when the home and away matches come to an end, the football season takes on a completely different shape and character. During the regular season, each team’s goals progress as the weeks pass and if you’re good enough to survive and make the grade, the situation changes. The comparison can be made with the life cycle of a butterfly going through stages from egg to larva to caterpillar, cocoon and in the end to a bright and colourful creature that emerges from darkness i

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

STEALING THE CATS’ CREAM by George On The Outer

They were leading by 44 points well into the third quarter of a game to decide the minor premier, having kicked nine unanswered goals. The Cats were about to lap up their bowl of cream, dreaming of next week but the Demons led by Max Gawn had other ideas. In a stunning finish, they stole the game from under them to claim the plaudits as best team and top of ladder position. In a remarkable game, it all came down to Max having to kick the winning goal after the final siren, something which s

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

SKIN THE CATS by Whispering Jack

The task ahead for the Demons as they wend their way down the Princes Freeway to Geelong on Saturday night will be to skin the Cats. For them to come away with the points from this game would mark an historic occasion for the club as it will finish on top of the ladder for the first time since its last premiership year, 1964. And it was in that year, that a trip to Corio Bay to meet the reigning premiers in Round 12, was one of the catalysts for Melbourne’s surge to the flag. It was a top o

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

• Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!