Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

London Demons

Batmark

• Demonland changed the title to Watching the Game Overseas

Wondering if there are any Melbourne supporters there in London? My daughter and boyfriend are looking to hopefully link up with some Dees and watch the game together. Cheers 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, 1 red eye 1 blue eye said:

Wondering if there are any Melbourne supporters there in London? My daughter and boyfriend are looking to hopefully link up with some Dees and watch the game together. Cheers 

Good luck mate.

Hope you have a big crowd but for goodness sake, stay away from Fosters....

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BritishDemonFan said:

I’m just outside London, I’m probably going to watch the game at home but I do know Belushi’s are a chain of sports bars that are popular with Aussies and are definitely showing the Grand Final. There’s 4/5 all over London to my knowledge. Hopefully that’s helpful.

Belushi's also showing it in Paris (near Gare du Nord if anyone's around). Need to book apparently.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Just had a look online Faulty. The Clapham Grand is showing it on a big screen as is Jetlag Bar in Fitzrovia. 

Was sure you were taking the [censored] until I Googled both.

Nice work.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BritishDemonFan said:

I’m just outside London, I’m probably going to watch the game at home but I do know Belushi’s are a chain of sports bars that are popular with Aussies and are definitely showing the Grand Final. There’s 4/5 all over London to my knowledge. Hopefully that’s helpful.

When I was in Shepherds Bush Belushi’s in ‘18 there was a fair contingent of Dees fans watching the elimination and semi. The Prelim was on at a shocking time and I was away for work so not sure if they showed it. But anyone near W12 I can recommend them. 

Challenge laid down to Dees fans in London, get as many shots of iconic landmarks with red and blue on them? (Or near them, don’t want anyone getting arrested!)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fanatique Demon said:

Anyone in south west France wanting to see the game can PM me.

Where are you in SW France, FD?

16 hours ago, Pates said:

When I was in Shepherds Bush Belushi’s in ‘18 there was a fair contingent of Dees fans watching the elimination and semi. The Prelim was on at a shocking time and I was away for work so not sure if they showed it. But anyone near W12 I can recommend them. 

Challenge laid down to Dees fans in London, get as many shots of iconic landmarks with red and blue on them? (Or near them, don’t want anyone getting arrested!)

The only MFC merchandise I brought when I moved to the UK was a 2007 scarf.

view from Greenwich Park

6C7BFF1B-4F06-4B54-923D-2B0FDA8F04FF.thumb.jpeg.deff3ea1aacb646688e3a14c85371c7d.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Love 2

I live in Highgate north London, and have a couple of times over the last few weeks worn the red  and blue scarf on the tube on the way to and from work.  Hoping someone would notice ! No one yet! 

I’ll watch the GF at home ….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mach5 said:

Surely they’re playing it at the Redback or Shepherds Bush Walkabout. Even a Slug & Lettuce.

The ole sluts and legless?  Wow, they were the days.  I love London.  Best city on Earth (when pandemic free).  CARN THE DEMONS!!!

Edited by pinkshark

Well done all you Diaspora Dees! Happy viewing - and gathering! Stay safe.

Post your Red n Blue pics over on the 'Flying the flag' thread🙂 

p.s. I do note there's an unfortunate third colour in national flags in your region. I hope you've got sneaky red and blue marker pens, etc, at the ready?

I’m in London too, (south east) but will be watching at home with my 8 year old son who I’ve somehow managed to raise to love the dees as much as I do, despite growing up over here. 5yo daughter is less interested, although she does love big Max! 

Very tempted to go to a pub, but 8yo is desperate to watch so have decided to stay home.

Like everyone, will be bittersweet if we do get over the line not being there with friends and family I grew up going to the footy with, but will be able to celebrate with the kids here and maybe go out for a special family dinner if we win. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

TRAINING: Tuesday 19th March 2024

Demonland Trackwatchers Kev Martin & Walking Civil War attended Tuesday morning's training session at Gosch's Paddock to bring you the following observations. KEV MARTIN'S TRAINING OBSERVATIONS Windy, even the Yarra has waves, warm and humid. They are doing plenty of warm ups, then a game of soccer, now run throughs. I think keeping it simple. May, ANB, Hore, Max. TMac, Billings, Sestan, on modified programs.  BBB, Spargs, Turner, McAdam (own program, talking to Whe

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

DEE-RUBBING by George on the Outer

For the second week in a row, the Demons had to endure some particularly oppressive match conditions — this time, playing in 30 degree temperatures at the MCG, following the humid sticky Sydney atmosphere of last week.   The warmer conditions didn’t seem to worry the Dee’s since the ball was so much easier to handle, and handle it with surety they did in handing out a 45 point drubbing to the much fancied Western Bulldogs.   After a slow start that saw the Dogs out to

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

PREGAME: Rd 02 vs Hawthorn

The Demons will return to the MCG next week to face the Hawks before 2 weeks on the road in Adelaide in the lead up to Gather Round. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 146

PODCAST: Rd 01 vs Western Bulldogs

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 18th March @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons victory at the MCG over the Bulldogs in the Round 01. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 65

POSTGAME: Rd 01 vs Western Bulldogs

The Demons finally open their account in the 2024 Premiership Season with a 45 point win over the Western Bulldogs at the Home of Football the MCG.   

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 444

VOTES: Rd 01 vs Western Bulldogs

Last week Jack Viney polled the maximum number of votes to lead the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May and rookie Blake Howes are equal second. Your votes for the win over the Bulldogs. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 75

GAMEDAY: Rd 01 vs Western Bulldogs

On the back of a disappointing Opening Round loss to the Swans in Sydney the Demons return to the MCG today to take on the the Western Bulldogs in a bid to even the ledger early in the 2024 season.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 467

TRAINING: Saturday 16th March 2023

Demonland Trackwatchers Kev Martin and Dee Zephyr wandered down to Gosch's Paddock on Saturday morning to bring you their observations from the Captain's Run in the lead up to Sunday's Round One match against the Bulldogs. KEV MARTIN'S CAPTAIN'S RUN OBSERVATIONS Rehab  is out early. A beautiful Saturday morning, though plenty of dew on the paddock  Verrall doing hard sprints along the boundary.  McAdam individual program and has started, ball work, change of direction drills,

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

CROSSING THE PICKETT LINE by The Oracle

Melbourne’s performance in losing its Round Zero contest in Sydney has certainly caused the club, the coach and the players to come firmly under the watchful eye of the football world and exposed all of its aspects to a microscopic lens.   Much of the commentary surrounding them has been less than complimentary and, while some might argue that this is unfair after only one round, leaving aside some of the scuttlebutt that surrounds a lot of the discussion around the game, a fair amoun

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!
  • Podcast 

• Podcast 

• Podcast Stream 

Open Stream in
    New Window
        TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • Support Demonland  

• 2021 Premiership  

• Social Media 

• Non MFC Games  

NON-MFC: Round 02

Discussion of all the other games that don't involve the Demons in Round 02 ... READ MORE

Demonland | Round 02

• Training  

Tuesday, 19th March 2024

Demonland Trackwatchers Kev Martin & Walking Civil War attended Tuesday morning's training session at Gosch's Paddock to bring you the following observations ... READ MORE

Demonland | March 19

• Latest Podcast      

PODCAST: Rd 01 vs Western Bulldogs

The boys analysed the dismantling of the Western Bulldogs praising the masterful performance of Clayton Oliver, the dominance of Max Gawn and the defence and rebound of Steven May ... LISTEN

Demonland | March 19

• Match Report      

DEE-RUBBING by George on the Outer

For the second week in a row, the Demons had to endure some particularly oppressive match conditions — this time, playing in 30 degree temperatures at the MCG, following the humid sticky Sydney atmosphere of last week ... READ MORE

Demonland | March 17

• Post Game      

POSTGAME: Round 01 vs Western Bulldogs

TThe Demons finally open their account in the 2024 Premiership Season with a 45 point win over the Western Bulldogs at the Home of Football the MCG ...READ MORE

Demonland | March 17

• Votes      

VOTES: Round 01 vs Western Bulldogs

Last week Jack Viney polled the maximum number of votes to lead the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May and rookie Blake Howes are equal second. Your votes for the win over the Bulldogs. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...READ MORE

Demonland | March 17

• PreGame      

PREGAME: Rd 02 vs Hawthorn

The Demons will return to the MCG next week to face the Hawks before 2 weeks on the road in Adelaide in the lead up to Gather Round. Who comes in and who goes out? ...READ MORE

Demonland | March 19

• Game Day      

GAMEDAY: Round 01 vs Western Bulldogs

On the back of a disappointing Opening Round loss to the Swans in Sydney the Demons return to the MCG today to take on the the Western Bulldogs in a bid to even the ledger early in the 2024 season ... READ MORE

Demonland | March 17

• Training  

Saturday, 16th March 2024

Demonland Trackwatchers Kev Martin and Dee Zephyr wandered down to Gosch's Paddock on Saturday morning to bring you their observations from the Captain's Run in the lead up to Sunday's Round One match against the Bulldogs ... READ MORE

Demonland | March 16

• Match Preview      

CROSSING THE PICKETT LINE by The Oracle

Melbourne’s performance in losing its Round Zero contest in Sydney has certainly caused the club, the coach and the players to come firmly under the watchful eye of the football world and exposed all of its aspects to a microscopic lens ... READ MORE

Demonland | March 14

• Training  

Monday, 11th March 2024

Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin braved the scorching heat on a public holiday to bring you the following observations from Training ...READ MORE

Demonland | March 11

• Preseason Training  

Saturday, 2nd March 2024

On the eve of the 2024 Season I ventured down to Gosch's Paddock for one of the final preseason training session before we head up to Sydney to take on the Swans. Here are my observations from the training session ... READ MORE

Demonland | March 02

• Special Feature  

SCRUTINY & RESILIENCE by Whispering Jack

If the week when preseason training melds into scratch matches with other clubs, is the first marker for the beginning of a new season, then this has certainly been a torrid opener for the Melbourne Football Club in its campaign to remain a leading AFL premiership contender in 2024 ... READ MORE

Demonland | February 24

• Farewell  

Angus Brayshaw Retires

After 167 games including the drought breaking Premiership Angus Brayshaw has made the heart breaking decision to medically retire from football as a result of a series of serious head knocks over his nearly decade of footy. We wish Gus all the best and he'll always be a hero at Demonland ... READ MORE

Demonland | February 22

• Latest Podcast  

PODCAST: Koltyn Tholstrup Interview

I interview the Melbourne Football Club’s newest recruit Koltyn Tholstrup to have a chat about his journey from the farm to the Demons, his first few weeks of preseason training, which Dees have impressed him on the track and his aspirations of playing Round 1 ... LISTEN

Demonland | December 14

• Latest Podcast  

PODCAST: Jason Taylor Interview

I interview the Melbourne Football Club's National Recruitment Manager Jason Taylor to have a chat about our Trade and Draft period, our newest recruits, our recent recruits who have yet to debut as well as those father son prospects on the horizon ... LISTEN

Demonland | November 27

• Next Match 

Round 02

vs   

Saturday 23rd March 2024
    @ 04:35pm (MCG)

• MFC Forum  

• Match Previews & Reports  

• Training Forum  

• AFLW Forum  

• 2024 Player Sponsorship

• Topics