NEALE DANIHER

Guest the Sorcerer

Guest dee'viator

The players are full of complacency, not giving their all. Not turning up to play. Poor application. Poor intensity, etc, etc. IMO the graffiti is splattered all over the wall.

On SEN he said something that fair dinkum nearly made me crash.

The question was something along the lines of "What do you tell your players to do now?"

His answer..

"Just shrug your shoulders and get on with the next one."

What a joke.

We all know it, but won't say it. It's not a case of Daniher "may" be gone. He has already made the decision, and is coaching to maintain his reputation. This is not the words of a coach who is DESPERATE to save his job. He couldn't give a stuff, he's no longer bleeding for the club, how can you expect the players to do the same?

At least that's the way I see it.

aww c'mon...Danner s is a top bloke.. great club man.. his coaching knows no equal..lets sign him up before he gets away !!

no for the intellectually challenged....some of that was true...some of it was sarcasm.

end of day...doesnt matter one iota....does it.

aww c'mon...Danner s is a top bloke.. great club man.. his coaching knows no equal..lets sign him up before he gets away !!

no for the intellectually challenged....some of that was true...some of it was sarcasm.

end of day...doesnt matter one iota....does it.

I dont understand the coaching plan. Why change our game plan when we made a semi-final last year playing an attacking, free-flowing & most importantly DIRECT style of football?? It's got me baffled.

Thats a question for the ages there dees rule......

And its one that frankly, should not have to be asked.

it begs so many questions doesnt it.

I personally think that whilst Danners adds much to the constitution of the MFC and its intelligencia..he is simply a level below the better coaches. He seems to have been sucked into a vacuous place whereby he thinks he needs to emulate all the good hings that others do withot recourse to what our players can actually offer.

I wait with expectant fervour to the wise words of our beloved guru as to what went wrong this week...as opposed to what went wrong last week ..and the week before that etc.. .. I mean...there surely cant be a pattern to all this ? ..

We probaly played a couple of quarters of dumb footy,we probably had a few players who were a bit off colour, we probably were a bit slow to react to this or that!! but its ok coz i'll pop up on befoe the game , crack a few jokes and all will be right with the demonic world.

Hows the farm treating you Neale ? hope its a happy reunion

I've already made my views on Daniher known on this site so I won't bother repeating myself but please remember what coaches say to the media and what get said behind closed doors aren't the same. There is no way Daniher would have told any media what he really said after the game.

when it comes downto it I dont give a damn as to what Danners portrays to the media.. for me he is the coach. Its only important what he says to the players, its only important that what he says is effective and invective.

Ought to be good when that starts !!!

I posted this on 'ology earlier, think it's relevant here:

In the middle of last year and then again late last year I did some threads that showed the statistics of our performance through the year in third quarters and how we lost them a large majority of the games. It was a problem we had and I was highlighting because despite overcoming this weakness it worried me.

This year we have been belted in the third quarter both games. One of the commentators today mentioned how the Demons looked completely disinterested when the came out after the long break last year.

I want to know what is happening with the coach that he can't rev up his players at half time. Is his message going so stale that the more time the players spend with him the worse they get?

A harsh call, but the reason I did the analysis last year, was that despite winning more ofen than not, this really worried me.

Can someone offer any explanations as to why we have been consistently losing third quarters for over a year other than the coaches message isn't getting through (either that or the message is wrong)?

If we lose the next 4, danners is gone. Mark my words.

The cats will MURDER us, we will be 0-3. If danners cant get this team up and running like 2006, his season will be cut short.

I dont understand the coaching plan. Why change our game plan when we made a semi-final last year playing an attacking, free-flowing & most importantly DIRECT style of football?? It's got me baffled.

Raise it on every radio station you can - this question needs all the exposure it can get because its spot on.

Hopefully some of the TV and print journos take it up because its blatantly obvious to the rest of us what is going on.

Raise it on every radio station you can - this question needs all the exposure it can get because its spot on.

Hopefully some of the TV and print journos take it up because its blatantly obvious to the rest of us what is going on.

I just sent a message to sams mailbag and the channel 9 show on tonight. Here for my letter

There is nothing wrong with the game plan that they have put in place, it is just not being implemented correctly. The same thing happened last year. i have a feeling that the fitness program has changed and although everyone said there were aiming for round 1 i think they are planning to peak for the second half of the season. If third quarters seem to be a problem then they need to change what they do in the halftime break, i know that its easy to go flat over the long break, i hate half time personally. It is important know just to focus on the most important aspects of the gameplan, Tackling, chasing, blocking, spoiling, sheperding and most important Talking, and if we can do all those things to the best of our ability the scoreboard will look after itself.

A fresh faced coach could take this side to a flag in 2008

Can you imagine how good Brock, Colin and Jones will become if Michael Voss took over?

surely game plan and implementation go hand in hand..?

they are really two sides to the same coin..... part of the plan IS its implementation, or its ability to be implementated. If thats failing then its all failing ...simple really.

Listen kids, I've been a member since 1957 and I've seen some REALLY bad coaches at this club, and 1 really good one. Daniher is a mediocre coach, a good strategist, a smart list builder, a very poor tactician (and match day coach) and a breeder of mental softness. We have built a good list in his time, but have hung on to poorly skilled players for far too long. But to suggest that Michael Voss, with no training as an assistant coach would be an improvement is infantile. Same with Hird (as if he would give up his stockbroking and other business interests to coach Melbourne - absolutely laughable). This is a list that needs a tough scary coach - one who will brook NO softness. This may sound silly, but if the filth were to get rid of Malthouse (who has a great record in the first 5 years at clubs he has coached) or if Sheedy were available (Essendon want ND, apparently - a straight swap would do), they would stand for no s**t from players, and would get rid of any softness.

I have been saying for 5 years that ND is no good - but his replacement has to be carefully thought out. Roos was a special case as he was much loved by the Sydney players and faithful - and even he was an assistant for 18 months.

And what about putting Curran back with the forwards, and Riley back with the backs - the changeover has paid no dividends. As for Paul Williams...

pretty well spot on Astro.. . not sure I could differentiate between good strategest/ poor tactician though :-)

Voss is a ridicuous suggestion... but there is a crop of assistant coaches we should definitely start feeling out.

But the note about npt standign for any [censored] is right on the money....imagine our line up with Mathews... now stop drooling people... but for many that would have got the blood a little excited.. You just cant help but feel many of our players have the rev worked out. Thats NOT what you want in a footy club...well not at the elite level.... They ought to be playing for that jumper each and every week with the knowlwdge that its not automatically handed back the next one !!

Stategist - long term planner. Tactition - planning tactics used in today's battle, and changing them quickly as the stuation demands. Matthews would be a dream come true. As for the assistants available - there are a lot of ordinary ones around. Hopefully one or two good ones, but IMHO we need a gnarled tough old veteran.

stategist /tactician.... point understood

Id be happy with gnarled... doesnt have to be old per se...just that older school of thought....i.e ...we take no sh!t here !!...as they are oft to say..all the good ones are taken.. we may need to look at anup an comer !! maybe that style of attitude might be infectious !!..well we couldnt do worse !!..... often when the cameras pan to the coaches box after some silly play or such and you see Danners thumping the desk... I have this strange co-vision of Homer Simpson exclaiming D'OH !! ... it happened.. and it will happen again ...you just know it with Homer...and you just know it with Neale !!

You mean like they played in the last 1/4 yesterday?

(ignoring Wheatley's stupid 50m penalty)