POSTGAME: PF vs Geelong

Demonland

10 hours ago, david_neitz_is_my_dad said:

I CANT BELIEVE IT!

It is fantastic to win so well. The result totally invalidates the umpires' performance of the Dees match against the Cats in the final round of the H & A games, where Geelong were gifted so many unjustifiable frees and scoring opportunities whilst the Dees' frees were largely un-officiated - yet we still got home with a ripper fourth quarter.  

For the PF, the Cats still received at least three scoring opportunities from the umpires - all highly questionable and invalid - just to keep them in the game but it was too evident, too biased, too illegimate to charitably sustain after half-time.

The result has left Geelong reeling; they were poised to expect their normal 'quota of assistance' from the umpires but the exposure was too great; they crumbled in a game where the mandatory quota of umpire-assistance was only marginally applied. The mighty Dees were subsequently seen as the more skilful team, the more capable team, the more dominant team off their own bat - and their progress across the game was outside the realm of the standard all-powerful intents of snot goblin game-fixing.

If we play the Dogs in the GF, circumstances like the above will again apply and the Dees will dominate all game, to crush them. If we play Port in the GF, we will win, anyway - we have more talent and fitness, we can sustain games and related intensity for four quarters. We have the footballing public 'on our side'. Carna Dees!

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, layzie said:

I have to report I suffered my own Steven May injury scare last night. 

I was blasting Aces High by Iron Maiden 5 mins before the bounce and started running and jumping around getting pumped. Next thing I know I land with my heel closer to the wall than I thought. Ankle rolled outwards, slight pop. The Glenlivet balm I used at the time masked things but it is pretty darn sore this morning. 14 day rehab, could be touch and go. 

Killer selection of tunes, I had Painkiller on just prior to bounce. Maiden could be the theme of the day. 

On Bowey, fantastic game again by a very skilled and composed player. Books a GF appearance in what will be just his 7th game. Recall in '97 a certain Simon Goodwin won a flag in his 10th game... dare we dream?

On the other end of the football ledger, the mixed emotions our warrior Nathan Jones must be feeling. 300+ games, a beacon through the bad times, wife on the other side of the country soon due soon with twins, and he's just fractionally outside selection. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Demongirl35 said:

Ive never seen a performance like that from a ruckman.. oh my dayssssss!

No football watcher in history ever has…..

• Like 3
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Caligula's cohort said:

What a great way to wake up for my birthday... Melbourne heading into the Grand Final, whilst also giving Geelong a good thrashing. 

Gawn, Petracca, Oliver, Salem, Lever were amazing again last night, as they have been all year. But I was so impressed with Brayshaw's defensive efforts and Bowey's skill and composure from a 7 gamer in a big final. This kid is something! 

Soak this feeling up everyone. We don't experience these days often! Go Demons!

Brayshaw was outstanding - his second and third and follow-up attempts across the game were examples of just what the Dees are made of - bullocking effort and anticipation.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I just can’t get over the destruction of Geelong. 
Making a grand final also pretty good I guess. 

Lets not forget that if Max missed that goal in round 23 cats were minor premiers. ( they must hate Max)

Its not like we thrashed a team that just scraped into the final eight.

The cats also had a lot of players with much more finals experience.

Our key defender did a hammy.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Brayshaw was outstanding - his second and third and follow-up attempts across the game were examples of just what the Dees are made of - bullocking effort and anticipation.

I think he has lifted a lot lately.

• Like 2

Great to be alive this morning. Love reading all the Demonlanders good vibes.

Apart from all the great performances, I am astounded at the football being played by our newbies. Rivers was a bit scratchy at times, but Bowie and Sparrow = wow! I said to my family last night that I see Sparrow becoming an A grader. A big call I know but his attack on the ball, his ferocious tackling, and great kicking hint at what he will be in 2 years.

And I was one of those who thought Viney would lose his place in the team come finals. Very full belly this morning because of the huge slice of humble pie I had to have with my toast. He was brilliant. Captain-like, actually.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

How good is Ben Brown.

Seven marks. Two goals a poster and a very near miss on another.

Really starting to strut his stuff and clucking his marks.

Not many backlines are having intercept marks with him, max and jackson about.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, No Plan B said:

PHOTO-2021-09-10-22-38-01.thumb.jpg.4b060f66a5957c838d31cc9f23bf0551.jpgDeadset one of the most powerful images I've ever seen in footy.

A few months ago I was thinking about this scenario that if we were comfortable in a prelim what players would you take off. I also posted it on here but I would never believe it would play out.

They were the 4 I would have taken off & I'm so happy they could sit back & enjoy it