Yze is a Demon Again

Chook in Perth

15 minutes ago, layzie said:

Chook is back!

Hope this is our Neil Balme back to Richmond moment.

Any news on amyone another appointments?

I know im clutching at straws but the leppa rumour of joining the dees would be great as well. Hes really highly rated at tigerland.

I know tigers supporters that rave about him. Kind of like us and Yze.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unleash Hell said:

Any news on amyone another appointments?

I know im clutching at straws but the leppa rumour of joining the dees would be great as well. Hes really highly rated at tigerland.

I know tigers supporters that rave about him. Kind of like us and Yze.

Yeah I've heard the same things. Very highly rated and obviously made a huge impact when he returned there. That would be something.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

Goody is going to get to hand pick his coaching panel, because this is make or break for his coaching career. 

Who selected his current coaching panel?  And who decided to let his experienced coaching support go last year and hire Richardson, if he didn't?

Based on the last 4 years, I have little confidence in his judgement of what makes a successful coaching panel.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Who selected his current coaching panel?  And who decided to let his experienced coaching support go last year and hire Richardson, if he didn't?

Based on the last 4 years, I have little confidence in his judgement of what makes a successful coaching panel.

No, i totally agree, so many of these things come back on Goody and if the only reason he hasn't been sacked is his contractual situation, that's a shame. 

I think missing finals this year with a clean bill of health demonstrates very clearly he's not the right guy, and it's time to get someone who can get the best out of this group. 

I look at the Saints, who in my opinion have a less talented list than us, but they've been consistently good all year, and made finals and now beaten a good side in a final

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

I look at the Saints, who in my opinion have a less talented list than us, but they've been consistently good all year, and made finals and now beaten a good side in a final

I always rated Brett Ratten right from when he had a great effect on our midfield waaaaay back in the day. Possibly even under Daniher!  He has also clearly done great work getting St Kilda organised and focused and competitive, making the most of a list with few stars but I'd argue reasonably even quality with a short 'tail'.

BUT

Before starting at St Kilda he had a six year term as a senior coach, and for all that he clearly was a good coach it still took him five years to win his first final.  His winning percentage over those six years was coincidentally almost exactly that of Goodwin's so far at Melbourne.

So I would argue it is perfectly reasonable for Goodwin to have 2021 to prove he has learnt more about this coaching caper.  I'd also say that based on our (and Simon's) known/apparent deficiencies, Adem Yze would be a sublimely well-matched assistant/sparring partner for Goodwin.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Anyone know what position he’s going into or likely to go into? 

He's well known for his match day tactics and played a huge role in Hawthorns ball movement during their flag years so i suspect it'll be something similar to the role Craig Jennings used to hold.

Edited by Patches O’houlihan
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

He's well known for his match day tactics and played a huge role in Hawthorns ball movement during their flag years so i suspect it'll be something similar to the role Craig Jennings used to hold.

Cheers, makes sense. Exactly what we need. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Is there a consensus here that Hawthorn will release him from contract?

Assume a post-Covid soft cap environment may make FD contracts a little more flexible, particularly if a forced 2020 pay cut was imposed

But still, assistant contracts have been a stumbling block before IIRC

Didn’t someone mention that his contract with Hawthorn prevented him from leaving unless it was a higher position (ie: coach). 

Perhaps the post-COVID rules will enable a parallel move. 

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Demonland said:

I’d play him one out in the square as a small/medium sized forward. 

I’m not against it. Surely we have a black glove and a long sleeve guernsey with the sleeves rolled up lying around?

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Demonland said:

Didn’t someone mention that his contract with Hawthorn prevented him from leaving unless it was a higher position (ie: coach). 

Perhaps the post-COVID rules will enable a parallel move. 

Generally assistant contracts seem to have a clause that lets the coach leave no questions asked for a direct promotion, but unless that's to a senior coaching roles it's a bit murky. 

I suspect given where Hawthorn is at they're not going to try and hold him this year, i think they probably thought they'd go a bit better this year

2 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

As always, I find myself in furious agreement with you once more. Well said. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, McQueen said:

On paper, our coaching box is pissypoor in comparison to most other teams (apart from Norf). 

About time we got some glam in there that the players can be inspired by. It will also be good is they can coach well. 

Roos was pretty glam in terms of salary ... 

2 minutes ago, Coq au vin said:

He was an average player with occasional highlights. He didn’t really care if we got into the finals. It was all about his highlight reel. His IQ must be about 20. Why would we want a such a person????

Skip off to another site troll 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Coq au vin said:

He was an average player with occasional highlights. He didn’t really care if we got into the finals. It was all about his highlight reel. His IQ must be about 20. Why would we want a such a person????

The big question is...why have I taken so long to put you on ignore? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4