Demons QLD Hub

Demonland

I wonder if in order to fit all games in they will still have teams fly in and out of NSW. Hope Dees come back to Sydney. What a joy being able to go to the last two weeks has been up here. As many games as they played up here in more than 10 years. 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2020 at 12:40 PM, Elwood 3184 said:

So it looks like the eight players they’ve taken up to Queensland are in quarantine apart from the rest of the team which makes sense.

I think Charlie Spargo is in one of the photos the Club just posted of the first training session up there so looks like they aren't isolated from the rest of the group. 

16 minutes ago, It's Time said:

I think Charlie Spargo is in one of the photos the Club just posted of the first training session up there so looks like they aren't isolated from the rest of the group. 

I'm pretty sure there was a photo of Spargo in a moonboot with the original group of players who went north. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Whispering_Jack said:

Scratching my head as to why we're not in a hub location close to the Gold Coast given we're going to be playing at Metricon and perhaps the Gabba.

I think it was O Mac who said in his post game video that they are used to living there from doing the pre season camps up there the past couple of years. It's apartment accomodation rather than hotel rooms so maybe that suits them better. I'm guessing it's also a lot more effective for distancing staying away from all the other teams at the cost of an extra hours driving once a week or however often games are going to be. I assume also has the benefit of no limitations on access to the training grounds and facilities they use with the added benefits of not needing to share them with other teams. 

• Like 4

I reckon familiarity with Maroochydore would well outweigh any inconvenience of travelling further to games. Also guessing most players would have taken their own pillows with them. I find that is a massive help in being more comfortable in different surroundings. A good nights sleep is not that easy to get.

50 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I'm pretty sure there was a photo of Spargo in a moonboot with the original group of players who went north. 

Burgo just said on the Injury report that the quarantine guys are in the Gold Coast, training with Matt Egan. Joining the main team next week.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Whispering_Jack said:

Scratching my head as to why we're not in a hub location close to the Gold Coast given we're going to be playing at Metricon and perhaps the Gabba.

Could be because that is where the team stays when they train up here in Jan for the preseason camp. They are familiar with it and that could play a big part in their preparation for games. Could feel like home a bit and that would make it easier to stay there especially if it’s for 9-10 weeks  

Also it’s only a bus drive down the Rd so not that bad  

To be honest, if the players are happy, that is all that matters.

I am sure if there were options up to grabs, they would have spoken to the leadership team and asked them to discuss the options with the players and decide which location they preferred.

If as someone mentioned they can have their own apartments rather than staying in hotel rooms, you would definitely take that, especially for those with small kids /babies. If you're going to live out of a suitcase for a long period of time, having extra space, bedrooms, a proper kitchen etc would definitely be a plus. 

Also note that some players have school aged kids who need to do remote learning, so the bigger space would definitely be a plus.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

I reckon familiarity with Maroochydore would well outweigh any inconvenience of travelling further to games. Also guessing most players would have taken their own pillows with them. I find that is a massive help in being more comfortable in different surroundings. A good nights sleep is not that easy to get.

Started doing the pillow thing on trips and I’ll never go back. 

20 hours ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Thanks guys.

Just to be clear, my somewhat frustrated response was more so directed at the AFL, because I had assumed that the club would have sent me some sort of info email, as I specifically updated me email with them on the Friday.

Understandable if things get a bit messed up with all the staff cuts and chaos, even for the AFL I guess.

The only members forwarded info on the game are Qld based members as  other states can't visit at  moment due to lockdown etc.

Did you ask the Mship Dept if it was only Qld members Rodney?

Wed is the day gen public can get tickets through Ticketek.

I got a complementary one ( as I am a 2020 member ) and got 2 other tickets for friends to sit with me on Monday at $30 each 

Good luck and go Dees 

30 minutes ago, 58er said:

The only members forwarded info on the game are Qld based members as  other states can't visit at  moment due to lockdown etc.

I got a complementary one ( as I am a 2020 member ) and got 2 other tickets for friends to sit with me on Monday at $30 each 

Good luck and go Dees 

Yep I got my 3 complimentary tickets (myself and twin grand sons) after email from club. Great effort by the club and much appreciated. Mate of mine who has interstate membership with Carlton does not get complimentary tickets so good on you MFC 

2 hours ago, Mister Ed said:

That would be a two and a half hour bus drive to Metricon, would it not?

Around that. Beats flying in and out in the same day. It’s an easy bus ride highway basically all the way.
Could always be worse mister. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DemonOX said:

Around that. Beats flying in and out in the same day. It’s an easy bus ride highway basically all the way.
Could always be worse mister. 

Exactly a two hour flight Melbourne to Gold Coast is basically 4.5hrs out of your day door to door once you add in travel to and from the airport and check-in time etc.

Hopefully Melbourne can fly direct from the Sunny Coast airport to Adelaide/ Tassie.

Benifit of exclusive use and familiarity with the facilities at Maroochydore is pretty important I think.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 58er said:

Good luck and go Dees 

I'm a Queensland MFC member.

Another couple of phone calls and emails to the club over the past few days and all sorted.

Something screwy going on with email systems (don't you love technology!).

Anyways - GO THE MIGHTY DEMONS.

P.S. I recon it will be a good game, but I think we are every bit capable of beating the Lions.  Thought we almost could have won last year at the Gabba with half the list to select from that we do now.  T Mac to kick 5.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter

34 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

I'm a Queensland MFC member.

Another couple of phone calls and emails to the club over the past few days and all sorted.

Something screwy going on with email systems (don't you love technology!)

Yes club personnel doing their best (especially Tracey) but systems and ticketek not great.  It’s one of those years to accept things may not go smoothly. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Yes club personnel doing their best (especially Tracey) but systems and ticketek not great.  It’s one of those years to accept things may not go smoothly. 

Totally Norm.

Like I said, I think was a technology problem - too smart and too complicated for it's own good sometimes.

Tracy was great - many thanks and give her a bonus (I get the feeling that a win on Sunday might suffice).

GO DEMONS!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.