My Rd 1 Team

B: Whelan, Carroll, Bell

HB: Ward, Rivers, C. Johnson

C: Green, Bruce, Johnstone

HF: Davey, Miller, Pickett

F: Yze, Neitz, Robertson

R: White, McLean, McDonald

I: Jones, Bate, Jamar, Moloney

Notes; Undecided on whether we need Holland for this game otherwise he would be in for Moloney.

Moloney to play if Holland not needed, I would rather him play 3 quarters at AFL level than at Sandy as that is how he will get proper match fitness.

Pickett - same as Moloney except that he will play regardless

Yze - No doubting that he will play and will be Yze-like in that he will get 3 goals, but we will all still bag him next week

CJ - won't play HBF, instead will play Wing/HF I just couldn't name a player across HB, maybe Bruce, Green

Unlucky to miss - Buckley - Will get his chance, Bizzell - Not entirely convinced YET, Holland - See above, Bartram - Anyone who doesn't respect this kid is a moron, he's a champ, Brown - I don't like him anymore, Wheatley - Needs to prove himself, Ferguson - Only if Rivers can't play

Injured - Frawley, Sylvia (still recovering), Dunn, Bartram (still recovering, but could still play), Weetra

My Rd 1 Team

B: Whelan, Carroll, Bell

HB: Ward, Rivers, C. Johnson

C: Green, Bruce, Johnstone

HF: Davey, Miller, Pickett

F: Yze, Neitz, Robertson

R: White, McLean, McDonald

I: Jones, Bate, Jamar, Moloney

Yep, pretty spot on. Only question would be Pickett, who's had limited/nil pre-season game-time.

I see two scenarios.

1. Pickett plays - then we will need another tall defender in which case In - Ferguson, out - Bate - (because pre-season has been scratchy)

2. Pickett doesn't play - then Ferguson and Bate both play

Have to think Danners might go with Dutchy, even though the Saints forwards will run rings around him.

Also, if Bartram is fit you'd have to think he'd play - but you wouldn't think so for Round 1.

lol @ ferguson

he was TRASHED by mooney, can you imagine what a genuine player like reiwoldt or gehrig would do to him

he is depth AT BEST, will only play if he can suddenly grow another 20cm and jump over jeff whites head, or can out run aaron davey outta the pack!!

Thursday evening, teams start poppin up around 5pm onwards

And the more I think about it, the more I believe that Clint Bizzell will be in the team vs the Saints

Great :rolleyes:

Looks like Godfrey's the perfect replacement for McDonald.

True, especially with Bartram still out.

Perhaps they'll surprise us all, and choose someone like Buckley to replace Junior.

Bruce or Green can tag.

In fact, we should be able to beat their ruckman-less midfield without tagging them. Even without Junior.

As long as Brock, Jones, TJ, Bruce and Green are up and running, we'll have them covered IMO.

Oh who am I kidding, Godfrey is a certain starter <_<

I hope Godfrey plays.

If Baker is in the middle we need someone just as tough. And thats Godfrey.

I dont understand the negativity against Simon, but everyone has their favorites....

I always think he is good value especially if it is going to be wet and windy.

Because then of course, it will be the conditions that we can blame not his disposal. ;)

He can get the hard ball though and I rate that higher than less or softer possessions with excellent passing.

Go Godders.

True, especially with Bartram still out.

Perhaps they'll surprise us all, and choose someone like Buckley to replace Junior.

Bruce or Green can tag.

In fact, we should be able to beat their ruckman-less midfield without tagging them. Even without Junior.

As long as Brock, Jones, TJ, Bruce and Green are up and running, we'll have them covered IMO.

Oh who am I kidding, Godfrey is a certain starter <_<

If the just-in report in The Age is anything to go by, there might still some prevarication about Yze. Reading between the lines, has the streak ended?

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/Form-t...4761534229.html

The report quotes Rivers as "in doubt to play" due to hamstring soreness. Guess that might have been an opening for Frawley, but perhaps it's now one for Ferguson.

Is Bartram still any chance?

Guest dee'viator
updated team rnd 1

B: Whelan Carroll Bell

HB: Bizzell Rivers C Johnson

C: Johnstone Green Bate

HF Bruce Miller Davey

F: Robertson Neitz Yze

Ruck: White McLean McDonald

Int: Jamar, Jones, Moloney, Wheatley

Emerg: Ferguson, Holland, Brown, Ward

INJ:Frawley, Dunn,

update (II) team rnd 1

B: Whelan Carroll Ferguson

HB: Bell Bizzell C Johnson

C: Johnstone Green Bate

HF Pickett Miller Davey

F: Robertson Neitz Yze

Ruck: White Bruce McDonald

Int: Jamar, Jones, Moloney, Brown

Emerg: Holland, Ward, Wheatley

INJ:Frawley, Dunn, Rivers, McLean

Guest dee'viator
If the just-in report in The Age is anything to go by, there might still some prevarication about Yze. Reading between the lines, has the streak ended?

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/Form-t...4761534229.html

The report quotes Rivers as "in doubt to play" due to hamstring soreness. Guess that might have been an opening for Frawley, but perhaps it's now one for Ferguson.

Is Bartram still any chance?

No, my reading between the lines suggests to me that maybe we're gunna be shy for midfield drive, & danners is putting the fear of the door into yzzz, wanting a big game from him with gooaalls & a poss' run occais' in the mids.

I think he's got 2 matches to resurrect his standing in the side, & failing that he'll be given a blue/black & gold jumper to pull on.

Come rounds 2 & 3 ther's gunna be players galore pushing for their place on the field, (Mclean, Bartram, Wheatley, Brown, Godfrey, Dunn, Buckley, Holland, & soon after frawley)