Steven May Injury Update

Mel Bourne

I'm naming him Maynot until he does.

• Haha 2

Wasn’t it a cyst a month or so ago? Now fluid, fingers crossed. Did he do full training at the camp? 

1 hour ago, Earl Hood said:

Wasn’t it a cyst a month or so ago? Now fluid, fingers crossed. Did he do full training at the camp? 

The fluid is a result of the arthroscopic surgery to remove the cyst. It’s pretty common to get after a ‘clean out’. Hopefully they drain the fluid or he may be on some anti inflammatory meds to relieve the fluid build up. He has to stay off it for a week though 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

The fluid is a result of the arthroscopic surgery to remove the cyst. It’s pretty common to get after a ‘clean out’. Hopefully they drain the fluid or he may be on some anti inflammatory meds to relieve the fluid build up. He has to stay off it for a week though 

I don't think May had an arthroscope. The bandage on his leg is below the knee and around the back of the leg and the article mentions some fluid in the wound. Hopefully the wound settles down and there's no more nerve discomfort, if that's the case it's probably a better result than fiddling around in the knee joint itself.

Joel Smith not kicking on is right foot might be a club directive just to be a bit more cautious with recent wounds to avoid a similar complication.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Bulltish. Its not Common at all, anti inflams should have been order of the day from day 1 

And if administered then more trouble envisaged !!

9 hours ago, picket fence said:

Bulltish. Its not Common at all, anti inflams should have been order of the day from day 1 

I've had several arthroscopies on my knees and on one occasion i started to walk to early and my knee filled with fluid, it took quite a while and several drainings and injections of cortisone before it was ok again. It's not just a case of using an anti inflammatory you have to establish what the cause of the inflammation is and use the correct solution.

I finally went to a rheumatologist and he sorted it, the other doctors didn't establish what the the inflammation was caused by, he did.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dante said:

I've had several arthroscopies on my knees and on one occasion i started to walk to early and my knee filled with fluid, it took quite a while and several drainings and injections of cortisone before it was ok again. It's not just a case of using an anti inflammatory you have to establish what the cause of the inflammation is and use the correct solution.

I finally went to a rheumatologist and he sorted it, the other doctors didn't establish what the the inflammation was caused by, he did.

that is correct. If fluid continues to build, it may develop into a Baker's Cyst, which is usually a sign of something aggravating the knee joint - patella, ligament, cyst

• Like 1

16 hours ago, picket fence said:

Quite the expert, aren’t you. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MyFavouriteMartian said:

These fluid cysts develop,  apparently because of an underlying issue in the area.

I think you are on the money MFM. I have had a bakers cyst in each knee. I was told by the orthopedic guru that are the caused by the knee creating fluid to help with another problem. But we are all guessing because we know so little about the real problem.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, old dee said:

I think you are on the money MFM. I have had a bakers cyst in each knee. I was told by the orthopedic guru that are the caused by the knee creating fluid to help with another problem. But we are all guessing because we know so little about the real problem.

Exactly, I was reading about the bursa, and saw that often, other irritations can trigger the issue.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 7:08 PM, Earl Hood said:

He did the full session on the Friday and bits and pieces on the Sunday. Told me his leg/knee was fine but that is now over a week ago and no doubt something flared up. He is as fit as he has been ever so reckon a minor hiccup. ( I hope)

• Like 1

Just been to see the Doc to get the results of an MRI I had on my knee on Friday and I appear to have a Gaglion (?) cyst, It's mainly fluid, that needs draining.  It's pressing on a nerve in my knee and causing me a lot of discomfort but it's not a big issue.

It will take a week or so to settle down and I guess the same rule applies to Steven.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dante said:

Just been to see the Doc to get the results of an MRI I had on my knee on Friday and I appear to have a Gaglion (?) cyst, It's mainly fluid, that needs draining.  It's pressing on a nerve in my knee and causing me a lot of discomfort but it's not a big issue.

Bragger

10 hours ago, drysdale demon said:

On the 4/12/19, in another thread you posted Gawn as captain, MAY as vice captain and Harmes as deputy vice capain as your leadership group for 2020.

Now May is a high priced DUD.

Really.

Yeah well if he continually breaks down what else would you say!????

The Reality Bus must link in at some stage!

Yes Rate him but reality is that he has offered very little in the way of Return!!